Fake News

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Fake News

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Re: Fake News

Unread post by JTA »

I only get my news from realpatriot-ar15-american-eagle.ru/en/
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Still up on Liarbart despite being debunked by WaPo and others yesterday and before.
'
Revealed: 1,000-Man Mob Attack Police, Set Germany’s Oldest Church Alight on New Year’s Eve

:roll:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

So I'm standing in line at Publix behind somebody that can't get their card to work in the chip reader and I see that Angelina is down to 79 pounds and dying; Bill Clinton had a secret plea deal with somebody to avoid prison; Kim and Kanye are done; Kim and Kanye are together forever; George Michael was killed over a 3-or 4-way love affair...yada and the usual stuff. People do buy these publications, obviously, but I wonder how many really believe the articles. And how is it possible to simultaneously believe contradicting information? Interestingly, the Enquirer seems to be cutting Trump a long line.

The more real news publications need to stop publicizing LiarBart stuff even to print that it's false. Before Trump hired Brannon, I'll bet not 20% of the population had even heard of Breitbart, much less read or believed their fantasies.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

More than that. Liarbart has been the prime outlet for fake Planned Parenthood and other fake videos.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Even the crybabies are calling Trump a crybaby.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Remember James O'Keefe, the Breitbart-affiliated fake news pioneer who staged the hoax videos about Acorn and Planned Parenthood that disrupted the last two election cycles? And whose organization recently infiltrated various groups during the recent presidential campaign in an hoax effort to link Democrats with voter fraud?

He just go caught trying to entrap people into appearing to take bribes to riot at the inauguration.

Counter-Sting Catches James O’Keefe Network Attempting To Sow Chaos At Trump’s Inauguration

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

They should be charged with inciting a riot.

. . . and with impersonating a police officer. :D
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

rstrong wrote:Remember James O'Keefe, the Breitbart-affiliated fake news pioneer who staged the hoax videos about Acorn and Planned Parenthood that disrupted the last two election cycles? And whose organization recently infiltrated various groups during the recent presidential campaign in an hoax effort to link Democrats with voter fraud?

He just go caught trying to entrap people into appearing to take bribes to riot at the inauguration.

Counter-Sting Catches James O’Keefe Network Attempting To Sow Chaos At Trump’s Inauguration

broke into a senators office and illegally entered the US from Canada dressed up as bin laden (for which he was put on the no fly list)

he is scum
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tucker Carlson’s surprising, much-needed takedown of a ‘paid protester’ hoax

... Indeed, the compensation claims made by Tullipso's fake company, Demand Protest, are so outlandish that they should have instantly raised red flags. Yet they attracted serious coverage from the Drudge Report, Washington Times, Gateway Pundit, Townhall and other conservative news outlets inclined to believe anything that aligns with their worldview.

"Is this an effort to discredit the protesters at the Trump inauguration?" Carlson asked Tullipso. "Is it an effort to convince conservative news organizations to pick up the story and therefore highlight their gullibility?"

Tullipso initially feigned defiance, insisting his company is legit, before breaking character to acknowledge the ruse.

"I mean, it's pretty darn easy these days to just say whatever the heck you want on national TV and have it pass off as truth," he said. "And, you know, it's pretty — I don't know, just pretty incredible to me how easy it was to get the coverage we got."

Tullipso's explanation sounded a lot like the one offered by Paul Horner, a fake news creator who told The Post in November that he made up a story about an anti-Trump protester being paid $3,500.

"His supporters were under the belief that people were getting paid to protest at their rallies, and that’s just insane," Horner said. "I've gone to Trump protests; trust me, no one needs to get paid to protest Trump. I just wanted to make fun of that insane belief, but it took off. They actually believed it."

What a sad commentary.

Tullipso ended his appearance on Carlson's show with this: "God bless you for fact-checking."

Amen. But Fox News has not always done such blessed work. Two days after the election, the network was taken in by a false claim that anti-Trump protesters were bused in to a rally in Austin and perhaps paid by liberal billionaire George Soros. The man who started the rumor later admitted to the New York Times that he simply tweeted a photo of several buses and connected them to the rally without any evidence; the buses actually transported attendees of a technology conference.

Fox News's morning show has repeatedly promoted the unproven idea that anti-Trump demonstrators are paid to rally for causes they actually don't care about, as if it is inconceivable that a historically unpopular incoming president has truly galvanized opponents....
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Fake News

“Hillary Clinton Blames Racism for Cincinnati Gorilla’s Death,"
“Early Morning Explosion in DC Allegedly Leaves Yet Another DNC Staffer Dead,"
"NYPD Looking to Press Charges Against Bill Clinton for Underage Sex Ring,”
“Protesters Beat Homeless Veteran to Death in Philadelphia”
“Hillary Clinton Files for Divorce in New York Courts.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Fake news author is fired; apologizes to those ‘disappointed’ by his actions

A recent Davidson College (NC) graduate at the center of a fake news storm involving the presidential election has been fired from his job as a Maryland legislative aide and apologized for his actions late Wednesday....

Maryland lawmaker David Vogt III, a Republican, told The Washington Post he terminated Harris “on the spot” after learning he was the mastermind behind the fake news....

With Donald Trump behind in the polls in early fall, Harris sat down at the kitchen table in his apartment and created a fake story that was eventually shared with 6 million people.

Harris started by crafting the headline: “BREAKING: ‘Tens of thousands’ of fraudulent Clinton votes found in Ohio warehouse,” according to The New York Times, which broke the story on Wednesday about what Harris had done.

It made sense, Harris told the Times, to locate this shocking discovery in the very city and state where Trump had highlighted his “rigged” meme.

“I had a theory when I sat down to write it,” Harris told the Times. “Given the severe distrust of the media among Trump supporters, anything that parroted Trump’s talking points people would click. Trump was saying ‘rigged election, rigged election.’ People were predisposed to believe Hillary Clinton could not win except by cheating.” ...
President-elect* Trump won by cheating, including Republican Cam Harris' cheating.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Fake news wouldn't matter much at all, if so many people weren't so goddam stupid. And the percentage of population seems to be increasing.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:
"President-elect* Trump won by cheating, including Republican Cam Harris' cheating."
I posted this already. See above.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Kellyanne Conway Cites Nonexistent ‘Bowling Green Massacre’ to Defend Trump (Video)
It’s another alternative fact from the woman who coined the expression “alternative facts”

... “I bet it’s brand new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program,” Conway told Matthews, “after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and they were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre. Most people don’t know that because it didn’t get covered.”

As it happens, that was brand new information to people, since, as we said, no such attack ever happened. Cue Twitter, which had a field day mocking both Conway, and the fictitious “Bowling Green massacre.”

“Thank you, @KellyannePolls for reminding us about the famous Bowling Green Massacre, which occurred on February 30th at 13:00,” said “Adam Ruins Everything” writer Mike Drucker.

“Who taught Kellyanne Conway history,” asked TV writer Aaron Fullerton. “Betsy DeVos?”

See some of the more hilarious tweets below.
We are
The Bowling Green
Fabrication Society https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status ... 76/photo/1
Next week Kellyanne Conway will announce that the US is launching air strikes in Agrabah, because it's time Jafar was brought to justice
It's weird that Kellyanne Conway is adopting so many Dalmatians.
Who taught Kellyanne Conway history? Betsy DeVos?
Kellyanne Conway's comment about the #BowlingGreenMassacre was disrespectful to all who died that day, myself included.
Kellyanne Conway: Refugees have committed many crimes, such as the, uhhh *looks around, sees Coachella poster* Brian Jonestown Massacre
Fact – more alternative fact terrorist attacks happen in Bowling Green than any other place on earth. #BowlingGreenMassacre
The Bowling Green Massacre was the worst tragedy on American soil since the Alice's Restaurant Massacree. #alternativefact
Bowling Green Massacre is real. One of its survivors went on to pursue revenge, leading to the General Tso's Genocide. #alternativefact
Finding these Bowling Green Massacre jokes to be a little too soon. Out of respect, we should wait until it takes place.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

She is a contemptible - damn, I started to type "human being" but couldn't. I'm at a loss for words
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

She's Comical Ali without the charm.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

billy.pilgrim wrote:She is a contemptible - damn, I started to type "human being" but couldn't. I'm at a loss for words
Gorgon. Succubus. Lying Whore.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The White House took a victory lap on the jobs report, but it doesn’t really belong to Trump

... The jobs figures, however, were based on household and establishment surveys conducted while Obama was still in office....
:lol: Morons. Trump policy won't have a direct effect, good or bad, for 6 months to a year.
1312. ETTD.