President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Danny Dain

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

bannination wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:04 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:30 pm
bannination wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:19 pm
Yeah, my theory is he's particularly tricky bot from Pakistan personally.
I figured bot, just like all of our other hit and run posters. Did someone PM Leo Lyons about Danaity being "somebody else" or is he just being "paranoid ... because somebody's got (him) all spooked"?

Are Pakistan ISP bots common here? We've usually seen eastern Europe.
My first inclination is to say not as common as other countries. I'd say Russia and China are the largest hitters. There's a sprinkling of everything.

Probably a CPF Serbian bot.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

bannination wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:04 pm
My first inclination is to say not as common as other countries. I'd say Russia and China are the largest hitters. There's a sprinkling of everything.
Wow Banni, your little forum is an international hit!

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:30 pm
Did someone PM Leo Lyons about Danaity being "somebody else" or is he just being "paranoid ... because somebody's got (him) all spooked"?
bannination wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:58 pm
Hm.... hospitals in Washington D.C. I think you're on to something.
You two are more on top of things like this than anyone else; you tell us. Your bold C doesn't show up well; significance?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: President* Trump

Bot: "an autonomous program on a network (especially the Internet) that can interact with computer systems or users, especially one designed to respond or behave like a player in an adventure game."
If a bot is an independent program, can it post comments just as a human?

Also, I replied to "Danaity", how did the thread title change to "Danny Dain", then go back to "President Trump"? :headscratch: :crazy:
Post by Leo Lyons » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:04 am
Bot: "an autonomous program on a network (esp

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

"just as" is a subjective phrase, but bot posts can look very human. In this case it was "just as" for you, not for me and probably not for banni, which he then confirmed by looking up the Pakistani ISP.

Danaity changed the thread title to "Danny Dain". Any reply that quotes Danaity or quote of a reply that quotes Danaity keeps the new thread title. Any other post reverts to the original thread title.
Last edited by Vrede too on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

it was bizarre. The man can’t even follow the simplest of instructions. by definition or by action - “flip it” seems too easy to screw up.

Like testing the wind before a tee shot along the River of Blood

I had to click and watch it again. it's like he was setting a bird free.

Love this comment

"I love how he points at the coin on the ground, amazed that once again, gravity worked."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:44 pm
... Love this comment

"I love how he points at the coin on the ground, amazed that once again, gravity worked."
And this one: "I love that he points to it to prove he did throw it and it is, in fact, still a coin."
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Congresswoman asks Google CEO why googling ‘idiot’ shows picture of Trump

I love that Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., worked into this serious congressional hearing the accurate fact that POSPOTUS is an "idiot". She could have chosen other examples.

LOL, she wasn't lying, either: Idiot.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:54 pm
Congresswoman asks Google CEO why googling ‘idiot’ shows picture of Trump

I love that Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., worked into this serious congressional hearing the accurate fact that POSPOTUS is an "idiot". She could have chosen other examples.

LOL, she wasn't lying, either: Idiot.
Yeah, and the fact this is now a news story will do nothing but reinforce that to be the top result. :lol:

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I can remember someone on here having their avatar as a pic of Trump in which his mouth was an asshole. If I could afford it, I would pay for ten thousand billboards of just that image....no text, just the photo. :thumbup:

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

You guys in NC may luck out....or maybe not. I've been reading stories that say Mark Meadows is in consideration for chief of staff. I think it's a good choice and can hardly wait. I think Meadows is funny. As for not being lucky over it, you could possibly get a worse representative than Meadows but personally I would take the chance.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 pm
I can remember someone on here having their avatar as a pic of Trump in which his mouth was an asshole. If I could afford it, I would pay for ten thousand billboards of just that image....no text, just the photo. :thumbup:

Boatrocker

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:35 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 pm

Boatrocker
Yeah, that's it. I think this should be his official Presidential portrait.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:43 pm

Yeah, that's it. I think this should be his official Presidential portrait.
You mean it's not?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:13 pm
You guys in NC may luck out....or maybe not. I've been reading stories that say Mark Meadows is in consideration for chief of staff. I think it's a good choice and can hardly wait. I think Meadows is funny. As for not being lucky over it, you could possibly get a worse representative than Meadows but personally I would take the chance.
In some ways, it would be hard to find a worse guy than Meadows. He's either a total nut or a total con man, but he behaves like a real person and is pretty competent at politics. Any replacement would probably also be a nutty yahoo because of the gerrymander, but would also likely to be more obvious and less effective with his fellow nuts, at least for a couple of years or so.

But I'm betting Meadows likes his gerrymander-guaranteed lifetime job and knows if he leaves for Trump's staff his career will be toast.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:14 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:13 pm
In some ways, it would be hard to find a worse guy than Meadows. He's either a total nut or a total con man, but he behaves like a real person and is pretty competent at politics. Any replacement would probably also be a nutty yahoo because of the gerrymander, but would also likely to be more obvious and less effective with his fellow nuts, at least for a couple of years or so.

But I'm betting Meadows likes his gerrymander-guaranteed lifetime job and knows if he leaves for Trump's staff his career will be toast.
That makes sense, but I read an article the other day about the Ayers guy and it suggested he was picked because of his nominal resemblance to a younger Trump. I think Meadows can also be said to have a passing resemblance. I suppose we'll see what we'll see. Maybe he can get that David Dennison guy to be his new chief of staff.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I don't follow Meadows closely, but he appears to me to be a simple opportunist - a teapartier when it was in Republican fashion, then a Trumper when he found he could ride it to further personal influence. If it becomes clear that Trump is doomed, and the court decision on NC gerrymandering finally gets implemented to make the district more like it used to be, I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to reincarnate as more of a "moderate." Given his last couple of terms, though, that might be quite the trick - except that voters in general and Republican in particular are highly gullible with short memories.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:29 am
... I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to reincarnate as more of a "moderate." ...
Idk, that would be a hard thing for the chair of the RWNJ "Freedom Caucus" to ever pull off.

IF Meadows goes for it, it will be choosing the 'big pond' of the WH over the 'small pond' of NC-11. If not, you were probably correct about his job security. Even before the obscene gerrymandering, the furthest "left" the district went was rightwing Dem Heath Shuler, and before that Repug "Chainsaw" Charlie Taylor.
1312. ETTD.