President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:
Mr.B wrote:"The*Butthurts doth angrily protest, burn, curse, and scream while the "Deplorable" of society gloat."
"So suppose a person was elected President who said in his inaugural speech that he intended to make public practice of the Protestant religion illegal. Would you "give him a chance?" How about "get over it?" Would you consider your opposition to that unconstitutional intent to be *Butthurts doth angrily protest, burn, curse, and scream...?"
No biggie. I can worship in secret and privacy just as well as I can in public. He couldn't "Trump" the Constitution anyway.

"It is surely not out of your realm of understanding that President*Trump isn't on the normal spectrum of US politicians, and that much of what he says is as unconstitutional as my religion analogy above, and much of what he says is in direct and demonstrable opposition to what the majority of the US citizens (whether they voted or not) believe or want."
He's never demonstrated that he is the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but, he has demonstrated that he is not going to be a politically correct, walking, talking ball of fluff who speaks only what what HIS supporters want to hear. If he's true to his word that Washington is to be a voice for EVERYONE instead of a chosen few, then I think he should be given the opportunity to prove himself.

America was enamored with selecting the first Black president despite limited political experience; so why not elect the first totally inexperienced president who is willing to attempt to make changes to the run-of-the-mill political machine?

"Would you have been a "Butthurt" in Germany in 1933? I'm thinking probably not."
I don't dwell on (or in) the past.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

r*strong wrote:
Mr.B wrote:"The*Butthurts doth angrily protest, burn, curse, and scream while the "Deplorable" of society gloat."
"Says the butthurt one angrily protesting that people still find the criticisms of Trump to be increasingly valid."
I'm not "angrily protesting" anything. I criticize him myself; also I'm not a part of the masses that burn, loot, destroy, and injure those I disagree with. We have the right to protest; but when protests turn destructive and confrontational with authorities, then those protests are illegal.

"You got conned. Your candidate appointed the worst of the swamp. Deal with it."
I didn't get conned; I was totally aware of what/who I voted for, and I'm dealing with it nicely, thank you.

What do you care who won the presidency, who was appointed, or what we citizens of the USA are dealing with?
It's none of your business.... Deal with it.
Last edited by Mr.B on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:I didn't know that Melania can bake.
JTA wrote:The FB invite indicates there's going to be over a thousand attending here in G'Ville.
If true, very impressive. Raining in Atlanta, hope it doesn't depress turnout too much. I blame Putin.
Probably way more than whats actually going to show up. If I had to guess a lot of people may have indicated they were attending in a show of internet slacktivism solidarity. Nothing wrong with that I 'spose. Maybe they did it to piss off friends and family that are Trump fans, Then again, you never know. There could be tons.

We shall see.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B "...he has demonstrated that he is not going to be a politically correct, walking, talking ball of fluff who speaks only what what HIS supporters want to hear. If he's true to his word that Washington is to be a voice for EVERYONE instead of a chosen few, then I think he should be given the opportunity to prove himself."

The cognitive dissonance there is astounding.
If anyone - ever - spoke only what his supporters want to hear, despite whatever he may have said in the past or opinions held, it's Donald Trump. And continues to speak only to supporters after election. Good luck on getting those he's appointed to Cabinet positions to be a voice for more than 5 or so percent of the country.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede*too wrote:
"I'll be in the Atlanta March for Social Justice and Women tomorrow. Have you considered going to the Asheville protest?"
Gonna be a hot time in the old town tonight....!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

"I feel that the incoming Trump Administration is going to be a serious threat to all civil liberties and rights to every minority in this country, including women...."
Good grief.... fear-mongering.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Mr.B wrote: "... If he's true to his word ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: He's a chronic liar and has already contradicted too many of his campaign rants to count. Didn't you notice?
Donald Trump's file

True (4%)
Mostly True (12%)
Half True (15%)
Mostly False (19%)
False (33%)
Pants on Fire (18%)
FACT CHECK: Trump starts on familiar note: with exaggeration
Last edited by Vrede too on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

O Really wrote:
k9nanny wrote:I've ordered a news blackout in this house. Reading, seeing pictures, is bad enough. Watching this despicable excuse of a man in motion fills me with a loathing I never imagined (at least politically).

Since early in the campaign, I've been unable to stomach watching him. I can read about him, about what he says, etc., but his sheer crassness, belligerence, volume and stupidity are more than I can manage in person. Pretty much like the difference in reading about and seeing vid clips from a shooting vs. being there. And while it's certainly a tragedy that he's President*, it's his personality, persona, appearance and attitude that I've not been able to stand long before he was running and having little to nothing to do with his politics. I don't expect to ever get used to him, and hope I don't.
YES!!!!

I'm getting all this crap about "not acting in hate," and that old pablum, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." If I ever get used to him, shoot me.

Exaggerate much, MrB? Masses are marching today, while a few gave in to violence yesterday.

Yes, any person who could overlook the awful things that came out of that man's mouth is deplorable. Funny how he's treated Putin with more respect than women, Mexicans, Muslims, etc. Let me know when that deus ex machina arrives to save the 99%.

Be careful, sistah. There's tornado watches down there. Alas, I am stuck home today with a crew of Bad Hombres who insist on working Saturdays. I can always lift my spirits watching SVU (we don't have cable). My husband shakes his head and asks, "How many ways can a person be raped or murdered?" Catharsis.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:... Exaggerate much, MrB? Masses are marching today, while a few gave in to violence yesterday....
He is hopelessly whiny and dishonest, must be why he identifies with President* Trump. Masses protested peacefully yesterday, too. Plus, some of the violent ones were undoubtedly undercover cops and other provocateurs. They know how easily folks like Mr.B are duped by distractions.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

The WH site does not mention qvc, or include the magazine picture as shown on your link
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
k9nanny wrote:... Exaggerate much, MrB? Masses are marching today, while a few gave in to violence yesterday....
He is hopelessly whiny and dishonest, must be why he identifies with President* Trump. Masses protested peacefully yesterday, too. Plus, some of the violent ones were undoubtedly undercover cops and other provocateurs. They know how easily folks like Mr.B are duped by distractions.
I got me 2 obamaphones

bs, she got a thousand dollars and fox got a never ending hit on obama
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

From my link:
... But the version that the new Whitehouse.gov first launched with, immediately after the Inauguration ceremony, took things one step further, specifically calling out that her jewelry line was available for sale at QVC....

Within a few hours, however, it had been edited to read, simply, “In April 2010, Trump launched her own jewelry collection.”
President* Huckster Trump got beat into submission by Twitter.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:From my link:
... But the version that the new Whitehouse.gov first launched with, immediately after the Inauguration ceremony, took things one step further, specifically calling out that her jewelry line was available for sale at QVC....

Within a few hours, however, it had been edited to read, simply, “In April 2010, Trump launched her own jewelry collection.”
President* Huckster Trump got beat into submission by Twitter.

missed that. I thought they were saying that the mag cover with the qvc announcement was from the gov site.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Raleigh women (and men) are kicking ass. Sadly, I'm sure none of my family is there.
Portland ME had a great turnout, including my toddler niece.

Oh, hell. My picture didn't work. Raleigh photos here.

http://interactives.wncn.com/photomojo/ ... ens-march/

Se Non Ora, Quando?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

At least they are here so they can be "be mad" .... they weren't murdered in the womb.

(Photo courtesy of k9nanny's link)

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:
Mr.B wrote: "... If he's true to his word ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: "He's a chronic liar and has already contradicted too many of his campaign rants to count. Didn't you notice?"
Yep.
Donald Trump's file

True (4%)
Mostly True (12%)
Half True (15%)
Mostly False (19%)
False (33%)
Pants on Fire (18%)
FACT CHECK: Trump starts on familiar note: with exaggeration
He's only been in office one day; didn't you notice?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Correction: IS NOW .... (Scoot over r*strong, you got some BRDer's gonna move in with you 'cause "Trump ain't their President")

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

The Liberal's Butthurt Hero of The Year Award goes to this well-raised and mannerly young man child.