President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Did anyone notice that dumbness hung a Dog's Playing Poker or a Velvet Elvis or some such Crap in the white house? You can see it in the 60 minutes interview.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:09 am
I thought you came from blueridgenow
I don't recall if I did or not. According to the members roll, I came here in October 2012, a month after BRD was born. It appears you and I joined on the same date.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:16 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:13 am
Did anyone notice that dumbness hung a Dog's Playing Poker or a Velvet Elvis or some such Crap in the white house? You can see it in the 60 minutes interview.
It's even worse than that.

"And Yes, in the overtime segment you see an epic picture hanging on the wall in President Trump’s work office…. It was painted by Andy Thomas and is titled 'The Republican Club'."

More info:

There's a Subtle Feminist Message in This New Painting of Donald Trump

Critiques:

Trump hung an over-the-top painting of himself with other Republican presidents in the White House — and people are bewildered
Wonder why Grant had to stand in the background and Where's Chester

Man, what a crop,
Taft, Harding, Coolidge and Hoover all together again
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Man, what a crop,
My second link says:
History buffs can also spot lesser-known GOP presidents such as Warren G. Harding in the crowd in the background as well.
You know the faces better than I do. There's a fat guy with a white moustache off of Ford's right shoulder. Chester A. Arthur?
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:58 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Man, what a crop,
My second link says:
History buffs can also spot lesser-known GOP presidents such as Warren G. Harding in the crowd in the background as well.
You know the faces better than I do. There a fat guy with a white moustache off of Ford's right shoulder. Chester A. Arthur?
I don't who he is, but the woman over Reagan's left shoulder is definitely Christine Blasey Ford...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump's USA Today op-ed on Medicare is full of lies — and USA Today should not have published it

Petition to USA Today and major media outlets:

"Donald Trump is a proven serial liar. Instead of giving him a free platform to mislead, fact-check his blatant lies."
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Trump's USA Today op-ed on Medicare is full of lies — and USA Today should not have published it

Petition to USA Today and major media outlets:

"Donald Trump is a proven serial liar. Instead of giving him a free platform to mislead, fact-check his blatant lies."
Trump responds: "Who cares?" :lol: :lol:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Man, what a crop,
My second link says:
You know the faces better than I do. There's a fat guy with a white moustache off of Ford's right shoulder. Chester A. Arthur?

Could be but a little thin with the mutton chops - could also be Taft - they both have that so debonair look.

Who in the hell is that behind ronnie? I would guess H.W., but only because he's otherwise missing.

And Grant behind the mystery HW.

The beard between the HW imposter and the first republican woman president could be a composite of Hayes and Garfield. From the shape I would say Garfield, but the Dogs Playing Poker painter may had used the same slimming technique on Hayes that he so masterfully used with trump.

Off to the right, behind the guy they kicked out of the party, are the architects of the First Great Depression - Harding, Coolidge and Hoover

could be funny that some people don't see a difference, if it weren't so serious

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:50 pm
Could be but a little thin with the mutton chops - could also be Taft - they both have that so debonair look.

It does look more like Taft's moustache.

Who in the hell is that behind ronnie? I would guess H.W.,

Yes.

but only because he's otherwise missing.

Yes.

The beard between the HW imposter and the first republican woman president could be a composite of Hayes and Garfield. From the shape I would say Garfield, but the Dogs Playing Poker painter

People can and are making the case that the painting mocks Dolt .45, and even that the other Repugs are laughing at him, not with him.

may had used the same slimming technique on Hayes that he so masterfully used with trump.

Hah.

Idk how true a copy I posted. The original might show the background people more clearly. One would think that the artist would include all Repugs somewhere, but there's no rule saying that he had to. I briefly searched for a breakdown key of all of the identifiable POTUSes, but got bored.

Off to the right, behind the guy they kicked out of the party, are the architects of the First Great Depression - Harding, Coolidge and Hoover

could be funny that some people don't see a difference, if it weren't so serious

Not sure what difference you mean - between POSPOTUS and real POTUSes?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:46 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:50 pm

It does look more like Taft's moustache.

Who in the hell is that behind ronnie? I would guess H.W.,

Yes.

but only because he's otherwise missing.

Yes.

The beard between the HW imposter and the first republican woman president could be a composite of Hayes and Garfield. From the shape I would say Garfield, but the Dogs Playing Poker painter

People can and are making the case that the painting mocks Dolt .45, and even that the other Repugs are laughing at him, not with him.

may had used the same slimming technique on Hayes that he so masterfully used with trump.

Hah.

Idk how true a copy I posted. The original might show the background people more clearly. One would think that the artist would include all Repugs somewhere, but there's no rule saying that he had to. I briefly searched for a breakdown key of all of the identifiable POTUSes, but got bored.

Not sure what difference you mean - between POSPOTUS and real POTUSes?

Nah, I meant that some people can't see the mountains of damage these people do because they are too busy comparing real these very real mountains to mostly fictional molehills on the other side.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:45 pm
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Man, what a crop,
My second link says:
You know the faces better than I do. There a fat guy with a white moustache off of Ford's right shoulder. Chester A. Arthur?
I don't who he is, but the woman over Reagan's left shoulder is definitely Christine Blasey Ford...

https://m.asimplertime.com/The-Republic ... UYQAvD_BwE

"and a touch of symbolism. Notice the faceless woman confidently striding towards the table? She’s about join the club as America’s first female President."

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:27 am
"and a touch of symbolism. Notice the faceless woman confidently striding towards the table? She’s about join the club as America’s first female President."
I was unaware the GOP had a viable candidate! I guess that ain't C.B. Ford then?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:53 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
I was unaware the GOP had a viable candidate! I guess that ain't C.B. Ford then?

why not her? all she would need is trump's support and it's been said that he changes his stable mind.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not even POSPOTUS could convince misogynist GOP voters to nominate a woman.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:35 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:53 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
why not her? all she would need is trump's support and it's been said that he changes his stable mind.
Ummm...I think he'd have to have a mind to change. :shock:

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Trump tells AP he won't accept blame if GOP loses House

Because the mid terms aren't a referendum on him? :headscratch:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

There's a lot of sentences could start with "Trump won't accept blame..."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Has trump's old publicist, John Miller, returned in this soulful full page Washington Post (we consistently stand against dark money in politics) gusher by some poor old anonymous average Joe 90 year old super rich guy?

ThinkProgress: Washington Post runs full-page ‘open-letter’ from anonymous pro-Trump author.
https://thinkprogress.org/washington-po ... 15bb59734/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:50 am
Has trump's old publicist, John Miller, returned in this soulful full page Washington Post (we consistently stand against dark money in politics) gusher by some poor old anonymous average Joe 90 year old super rich guy?

ThinkProgress: Washington Post runs full-page ‘open-letter’ from anonymous pro-Trump author.
https://thinkprogress.org/washington-po ... 15bb59734/
There's an absolute media conflict of interest when it comes to all types of campaign finance reform. Most of the virtually unlimited spending goes to it in the form of ads.
1312. ETTD.