President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:30 am
Or saying you need to "take a trump"
👍👍👍
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:54 am
Sub-human.

:D

So, we already knew that Dolt .45 lied about Obama's calls. Now we learn that he was also lying about his own calls.
Trump and the new politics of honoring war dead

After her Army son died in an armored vehicle rollover in Syria in May, Sheila Murphy says, she got no call or letter from President Donald Trump, even as she waited months for his condolences, wrote to him to say "some days I don't want to live," and still heard nothing.

Like presidents before him, Trump has made personal contact with some families of the fallen, not all. What's different is that Trump, alone among them, has picked a political fight over who's done better to honor the war dead and their families.

He placed himself at the top of this pantheon, boasting Tuesday that "I think I've called every family of someone who's died" while past presidents didn't place such calls.

But The Associated Press found relatives of two soldiers who died overseas during Trump's presidency who said they never received a call or a letter from him, as well as relatives of a third who did not get a call. And proof is plentiful that Barack Obama and George W. Bush — saddled with far more combat casualties than the roughly two dozen so far under Trump, took painstaking steps to write, call or meet bereaved military families.

The subject arose because nearly two weeks passed before Trump called the families of four U.S. soldiers who were killed in Niger nearly two weeks ago. He made the calls Tuesday....
It is absolutely disgusting that the CiC, Chickenhawk in Chief, is dishonestly exploiting brave dead GIs and their families this way, and his America-hating sycophants that are defending him are equally detestable.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:30 am
...and his America-hating sycophants that are defending him are equally detestable.
I continue to be amazed at the people who defend - not just ignore, not just look the other way, but defend - Trump doing/saying things they would never do or say, and that in any other context would find abhorrent. These people turn "cognitive dissonance" into a high art form.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

so he called the grieving widow a liar and boasted that he has proof that she is a liar.

now the WH says that the wonderful words he speaks to those who lost someone are "private"

in other words the orange asshole is a liar
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

In fairness, I believe he called the congresswoman a liar.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm
Which is calling the grieving widow a liar IF she agrees with the congresswoman's version of the call.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:52 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm
Which is calling the grieving widow a liar IF she agrees with the congresswoman's version of the call.
and she does

punk bully Donnie said he had proof that those bad black women spoke out about him

and then he didn't

but to be fair, the curvie coach morons called pretty much all involved liars whose only goal is to make the orange buffoon look bad.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Saw this joke:

Donald Trump walks into a bar, and proceeds to lower it.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:46 pm
Saw this joke:

Donald Trump walks into a bar, and proceeds to lower it.
Just when you think he can't . . .

Dead soldiers and their widows, who is next? Disabled puppies? Geriatric nuns? Non-wealthy fetuses?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

“Enough of the applause. You sound like the Cabinet when Donald Trump walks in the room.

Every morning, I wake up in my office and I scroll Twitter to see which tweets that I will have to pretend that I did not see later on.”

-- Paul Ryan
https://www.yahoo.com/news/paul-ryan-hi ... 06329.html
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... rder-13223

So word on the street is this executive order provides the Secretary of Defense the ability to recall retired military personnel back into service should they decide it's needed.

W . Bush had something similar going on if you all recall, but that only pertained to those currently active, and didn't involve recalling retired personnel back into service.

My cynical self tells me this is worrisome, and has me wondering what the need for this EO is. Maybe I'm overthinking it given the seemingly nefarious nature of our president.

Thoughts?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:29 pm

So word on the street is this executive order provides the Secretary of Defense the ability to recall retired military personnel back into service should they decide it's needed.

W . Bush had something similar going on if you all recall, but that only pertained to those currently active, and didn't involve recalling retired personnel back into service.

My cynical self tells me this is worrisome, and has me wondering what the need for this EO is. Maybe I'm overthinking it given the seemingly nefarious nature of our president.

Thoughts?
I'm not sure what real world impacts his Amendment to Executive Order 13223 will have, but Executive Order 13223 was already extant and I found this:
U.S. Military Rules for Being Recalled to Active Duty
The Short Answer Is "Yes." But the Circumstances Vary.

Updated September 23, 2016

...Rules for Retirees

Retirees (those who spend at least 20 years in the military and draw retired pay) can be recalled to active duty for life. However, the policy established in DOD Directive 1352.1 - Management and Mobilization of Regular and Reserve Retired Military Members, makes recall ​to active duty unlikely for those who have been retired for more than five years, and those over age 60....
Kinda sucks, but may not be any more worrisome than who our CiC is.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

JTA wrote:

Thoughts?

the only real question is

will bb bobo point him toward evil Iran

or will the shinning claim to create in the name of TRUMP a "fire and fury the like of which has never been seen before" lead to nukes in NK

or will he pull a typical trump wimp out and only attack little Venezuela

oh yeah, btw - gereral john Kelly will never be able to clean the shit off his nose - yeah sure - the video lied

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Maybe one of his handlers can put him in the cockpit of a jet, fly him to an aircraft carrier, and let him declare "mission accomplished" after a photo shoot. We don't actually have to go to war to do this. We can all pretend and go along with it and clap and cheer and we all win.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I think the NFL players should take a week off from black solidarity protest and unite in protesting the enormous actual disrespect for the military that President* Trump, Kelly, Conway, etc. have displayed this week.

Won't happen, but how cool would it be if it did?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:

Thoughts?
Trump executive order lets Air Force recall up to 1,000 retired pilots for active duty

President Donald Trump signed an executive order that allows the Air Force to recall for active duty up to 1,000 retired aviators for up to three years.
Previously, the Air Force was able to rehire up to 25 retired officers for critical aviation-related positions.
The new action could ease the fighter pilot shortage and boost military readiness just as the new Afghanistan war strategy is ramping up.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral