President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:25 pm
I haven't noticed any recent changes, can't remember what was different years ago.
For one, when you click on quote, you now get this that wasn't there before: [Vrede too post_id=87265 time=1535639339 user_id=545] whereas it used to be just a plain:
Vrede too wrote:
(I left off the quotation marks on each line so it would post in a non-quote format)

As seen above, the poster's name you're quoting was not in a blue 'link-to' format (Vrede too)
The end [/quote] icon (or word) was always at the end of each quoted sentence; now it's on a separate line by itself.
Vrede too wrote:I just control-click (Mac, right click for PCs) straight on any web image and bring it here, never do attachments.
I'll give that a shot, thanks. I have discovered that if I study the image properties closely, I can figure out the pixel size of the image and experiment with the number until I get a reasonable size to post. For instance, the meme I posted of the Black child drinking muddy water filled this whole page. I discovered the coded pixel size and reduced it down to an acceptable size.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:00 am
For one, when you click on quote, you now get this that wasn't there before: [Vrede too post_id=87265 time=1535639339 user_id=545] whereas it used to be just a plain:
Vrede too wrote:
(I left off the quotation marks on each line so it would post in a non-quote format)

I really like that the new coding includes when the post was made. Doesn't matter for immediate quoting but saves time and adds clarity for more remote quotes. As you've done, one can always remove the excess coding and the quote will look just like they did in the past.

As seen above, the poster's name you're quoting was not in a blue 'link-to' format (Vrede too)

The 'link-to' option seems handy to me.

The end icon (or word) was always at the end of each quoted sentence; now it's on a separate line by itself.

No big deal, just backspace it if you're bothered. I'll often do this with multiple quotes to reduce space taken up.

The one minor disadvantage I've found is that you can't change the color of the name like you used to if you want it to match color in the text, with or with out the new coding. Not a biggie. Those rare times it's confusing you can post:

Vrede too in blue.

I'll give that a shot, thanks. I have discovered that if I study the image properties closely, I can figure out the pixel size of the image and experiment with the number until I get a reasonable size to post. For instance, the meme I posted of the Black child drinking muddy water filled this whole page. I discovered the coded pixel size and reduced it down to an acceptable size.

That's more complexity than I ever do. TinEye often has multiple sizes to choose from.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

The dilemma:

Trump tells followers to never trust anonymous sources.

Qanon is an anonymous source.

What is one to do?
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:48 pm
The dilemma:

Trump tells followers to never trust anonymous sources.

Qanon is an anonymous source.

What is one to do?
America tells President* Trump's followers, 'Fuck off':
Trouble for Trump: Disapproval at a high, 63% back Mueller, half favor impeachment

... Sixty percent in the national survey disapprove of Trump’s performance in office, numerically the highest of his presidency, albeit by a single point; that includes 53 percent who disapprove strongly, more than half for the first time. Thirty-six percent approve, matching his low....

Trump’s average approval rating since taking office is the lowest for any president in modern polling since the 1940s. One factor: Contrary to his “drain the swamp” rhetoric, 45 percent say corruption in Washington has increased under Trump, while just 13 percent say it’s declined....

... Mueller prosecuted Manafort and referred the Cohen case to federal prosecutors in New York. Support for Mueller’s investigation peaks at 85 percent among Democrats, but also takes in 67 percent of independents and even a third of Republicans (32 percent). Forty-one percent of conservatives back Mueller, rising to more than seven in 10 moderates and liberals.

In Trump’s dispute with Attorney General Jeff Sessions for allowing the investigation to proceed, the public sides with Sessions, 62-23 percent. Sixty-four percent also oppose the idea of Trump firing Sessions; just 19 percent support it.

Further, while Trump has railed against the Manafort prosecution, Americans call it justified by an overwhelming 67-17 percent, including nearly half of Republicans. The public opposes Trump pardoning Manafort by essentially the same margin, 66-18 percent, with 53 percent strongly opposed. Even among Republicans, 45 percent oppose a Manafort pardon; 36 percent support it....

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:35 pm
...image...
And here I was thinking you were a better person than that.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 am
O Really wrote:
...image...

But it's such a pretty picture
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I wanna know what that is on the pavement in front of the dumpster.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:13 am
Dead fish, maybe?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:43 am
Vrede too wrote:
Dead fish, maybe?
Okay, we'll go with that. :o
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
A grab 'em by the pus*y device?

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 am
O Really wrote:
...image...
Yeah, me too. But that's the best I could find. I really wanted one where the dumpster was on fire.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:52 pm
Yeah, me too. But that's the best I could find. I really wanted one where the dumpster was on fire.
I thought of it as 3rd in a series, and OBVIOUSLY a metaphor.

Now:

Decent America acts:

Then your pic.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

At least those photos aren't of a flag-draped dumpster....regardless who is in the dumpster.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:19 pm
Thisisgonnabegood!!

Tick tocking til September 11.
Bob Woodward: Trump's aides stole his papers 'to protect the country'
Chief of staff John Kelly describes Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged," Woodward reports. Defense Secretary James Mattis describes Trump as having the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader." And Trump's former personal lawyer John Dowd describes the President as "a fucking liar," telling Trump he would end up in an "orange jump suit" if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller.
"He's an idiot. It's pointless to try to convince him of anything. He's gone off the rails. We're in crazytown," Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. "I don't even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I've ever had."
Yep, gonna be good.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:46 pm
Bob Woodward: Trump's aides stole his papers 'to protect the country'
Chief of staff John Kelly describes Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged," Woodward reports. Defense Secretary James Mattis describes Trump as having the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader." And Trump's former personal lawyer John Dowd describes the President as "a fucking liar," telling Trump he would end up in an "orange jump suit" if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller.
"He's an idiot. It's pointless to try to convince him of anything. He's gone off the rails. We're in crazytown," Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. "I don't even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I've ever had."
Yep, gonna be good.
That's an awful thing to say . . . about fifth or sixth graders.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:10 pm
At least those photos aren't of a flag-draped dumpster....regardless who is in the dumpster.

Someone is scared of a big bad metaphor.

It's a fucking piece of cloth. But then, you are the idiot who defended trump putin a blue russian stripe on our flag in a coloring book.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:46 am
Someone is scared of a big bad metaphor.
Scared? :lol: (do you feel any bigger now?)

It's a fucking piece of cloth.
You'd prefer to live under this one?

But then, you are the idiot who defended trump putin ( :lol: ) a blue russian stripe on our flag in a coloring book.
Oh, so now it's "our flag" , and not a "fucking piece of cloth?".. :shock: .. (btw, it's a fucking coloring book.)
Do you have a remote clue what the word "defend" means?
(pssst.... Hey idiot, a flag with a blue stripe is not necessarily a Russian flag) Study closely for verification:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:roll: The ONLY disrespect there is to President* Trump, NOT the flag.

President* Trump and the racists similarly try to confuse the issue with the NFL protests.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:20 am
:roll: The ONLY disrespect there is to President* Trump, NOT the flag.

President* Trump and the racists similarly try to confuse the issue with the NFL protests.
In that case, they should have used a flag with a blue stripe.