President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:"Excuse me, Mr. President. Our last president's wife and kids had to go through racism, people calling their father a non-American, a Muslim and even a terrorist because his name. Some of that was spearheaded by you, Donald Trump." :clap: :clap:
Yeah, that one and "His presidency has been a burden on my wife and son also," are my favorites.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

I don't stand by anything President* Trump

That interview is just sad to watch.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

"As families prepare for summer vacations in our National Parks - Democrats threaten to close them and shut down the government. Terrible!"
either elect more Republican Senators in 2018 or change the rules now to 51%. Our country needs a good "shutdown" in September to fix mess!
Multiple personality disorder?

BMW/M
Red Shirt

Unread post by BMW/M »

Religious liberty? How about freedom from religious persecution?

White House aims for Thursday signing of religious liberty executive order

President Donald Trump has invited conservative leaders to the White House on Thursday for what they expect will be the ceremonial signing of a long-awaited—and highly controversial—executive order on religious liberty, according to multiple people familiar with the situation.

Two senior administration officials confirmed the plan, though one cautioned that it hasn’t yet been finalized, and noted that lawyers are currently reviewing and fine-tuning the draft language. Thursday is the National Day of Prayer, and the White House was already planning to celebrate the occasion with faith leaders.

http://www.blueridgedebate.com/posting. ... f=3&t=2494

Will the Orangeman invite any of those dirty Muslims??? Doubt it...

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Trump just keeps teeing them up for the courts, doesn't he?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

BMW/M wrote:Religious liberty? How about freedom from religious persecution?

White House aims for Thursday signing of religious liberty executive order

President Donald Trump has invited conservative leaders to the White House on Thursday for what they expect will be the ceremonial signing of a long-awaited—and highly controversial—executive order on religious liberty, according to multiple people familiar with the situation.

Two senior administration officials confirmed the plan, though one cautioned that it hasn’t yet been finalized, and noted that lawyers are currently reviewing and fine-tuning the draft language. Thursday is the National Day of Prayer, and the White House was already planning to celebrate the occasion with faith leaders.

http://www.blueridgedebate.com/posting. ... f=3&t=2494

Will the Orangeman invite any of those dirty Muslims??? Doubt it...
Bad link.

Some perspective on the politics of the outcome, whatever it ends up being:

As Trump prepares order on religious liberty, Pence’s credibility with evangelicals is at stake

Religious liberty to discriminate, that is. It's all about fear and hate.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

If elections have consequences, then so do schemes to become a green card gold-digger. I'm sorry for that little boy, but I guess he's better off spending time away from his fuckwad of a father.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:... Some perspective on the politics of the outcome, whatever it ends up being:

As Trump prepares order on religious liberty, Pence’s credibility with evangelicals is at stake

Religious liberty to discriminate, that is. It's all about fear and hate.
Trump’s executive order disappoints religious conservatives

Awww, poor, poor bigots. :cry:

"accomplish very little of substance, against the backdrop of a lot of show" is the Trump motto.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Not to mention missing the total irony in the guy who tried to ban the Muslims issuing a "religious freedom" order. :lol:

But it does so little the ACLU isn't even bothering to sue anymore... http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... &ocid=iehp

ACLU saying "nevermind" must really piss Trump off. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Cons hate it when you ignore them. ;)
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

And isn't it classic Trumpian to have a Rose Garden "celebration" for a bill that just passed one House and has no chance in the other?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:thumbup: . . . but maybe that's why they "celebrated" with Bud Light. More seriously, in the Senate they'll be able to blame the Dems for their own failure and some idiots will swallow it, couldn't even try to do that in the House.
Vrede too wrote:"accomplish very little of substance, against the backdrop of a lot of show" is the Trump motto.
Trump has a dangerous disability

By George F. Will

It is urgent for Americans to think and speak clearly about President Trump’s inability to do either. This seems to be not a mere disinclination but a disability. It is not merely the result of intellectual sloth but of an untrained mind bereft of information and married to stratospheric self-confidence....

What is most alarming (and mortifying to the University of Pennsylvania, from which he graduated) is not that Trump has entered his eighth decade unscathed by even elementary knowledge about the nation’s history. As this column has said before, the problem isn’t that he does not know this or that, or that he does not know that he does not know this or that. Rather, the dangerous thing is that he does not know what it is to know something.

The United States is rightly worried that a strange and callow leader controls North Korea’s nuclear arsenal. North Korea should reciprocate this worry. Yes, a 70-year-old can be callow if he speaks as sophomorically as Trump did when explaining his solution to Middle Eastern terrorism: “I would bomb the s--- out of them. . . . I’d blow up the pipes, I’d blow up the refineries, I’d blow up every single inch, there would be nothing left.”

... His fathomless lack of interest in America’s path to the present and his limitless gullibility leave him susceptible to being blown about by gusts of factoids that cling like lint to a disorderly mind.

Americans have placed vast military power at the discretion of this mind, a presidential discretion that is largely immune to restraint by the Madisonian system of institutional checks and balances. So, it is up to the public to quarantine this presidency by insistently communicating to its elected representatives a steady, rational fear of this man whose combination of impulsivity and credulity render him uniquely unfit to take the nation into a military conflict.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:Not to mention missing the total irony in the guy who tried to ban the Muslims issuing a "religious freedom" order. :lol:

But it does so little the ACLU isn't even bothering to sue anymore... http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... &ocid=iehp

ACLU saying "nevermind" must really piss Trump off. :lol:
ACLU Statement on So-Called ‘Religious Freedom’ Executive Order

... “Today’s executive order signing was an elaborate photo-op with no discernible policy outcome. After careful review of the order’s text we have determined that the order does not meaningfully alter the ability of religious institutions or individuals to intervene in the political process. The order portends but does not yet do harm to the provision of reproductive health services.

“President Trump’s prior assertion that he wished to ‘totally destroy’ the Johnson Amendment with this order has proven to be a textbook case of ‘fake news.’

“The directive to federal agencies to explore religious-based exceptions to healthcare does cue up a potential future battle, but as of now, the status quo has not changed.

“What President Trump did today was merely provide a faux sop to religious conservatives and kick the can down the road on religious exemptions on reproductive health care services....
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Reminds me of an old children's story...

"When Dorothy and her friends meet the Wizard of Oz again, Toto tips over a screen in a corner of the throne room that reveals the Wizard. He sadly explains he is a humbug—an ordinary old man who, by a hot air balloon, came to Oz long ago from Omaha. The Wizard provides the Scarecrow with a head full of bran, pins, and needles ("a lot of bran-new brains"), the Tin Woodman with a silk heart stuffed with sawdust, and the Cowardly Lion a potion of "courage". Their faith in the Wizard's power gives these items a focus for their desires."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Latest Trump Tweet:

Rather than causing a big disruption in N.Y.C., I will be working out of my home in Bedminster, N.J. this weekend. Also saves country money!

(Liked by 15663 idiots.)
Ummm, staying in D.C. "saves country money!" Anything else costs us. In fact, given that the Trump Klan is already making us pay for security in NYC, it's entirely possible that Bedminster costs taxpayers more.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

AP FACT CHECK: Trump misses whole story on hospital policy

Wow, President* Trump managed to exploit active duty and civvy healthcare workers, wounded vets and their families, and even religion with this whopper.

If it wouldn't be so embarrassing for the country and depressing, I could make big money publishing a book that just contains proven Trump lies. It might even have to be more than one volume. Watch, someone will do it soon. What would a good title be?

His Lips are Moving
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

rstrong wrote:Things you can't unsee...

Trump's chin looks an awful lot like a frog
Maybe Putie-tang has a thing for oral sex from frogs.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's Trump's inner Pepe revealed.
1312. ETTD.