President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:15 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:56 am
... don't need another billionaire with zero political experience as POTUS.
Didn't need the first one - even if it had been somebody other than Trump.

C'mon, Ross for Boss!!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:26 pm

C'mon, Ross for Boss!!
And to think he used to seem crazy. Little did we know from crazy.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:26 pm

C'mon, Ross for Boss!!
And to think he used to seem crazy. Little did we know from crazy.
Ross is now known as Peculiar
and should nevermore be known as that crazy little guy
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

What does everybody think about that new book, Fire and Fury, by Michael Wolfe. From flwhat I've read, there's some mighty juicy tidbits of information in there. It's all pretty scathing and paints a pretty vivid picture of what many of us have already realized about the Trump administration.

Supposedly, much of the authors interactions with people close to Trump were recorded.

My favorite was Trump's supposed proclivity towards trying to bang his friends wives using all kinds of sleezy schemes.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

JTA wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:31 pm
What does everybody think about that new book, Fire and Fury, by Michael Wolfe. From flwhat I've read, there's some mighty juicy tidbits of information in there. It's all pretty scathing and paints a pretty vivid picture of what many of us have already realized about the Trump administration.

Supposedly, much of the authors interactions with people close to Trump were recorded.

My favorite was Trump's supposed proclivity towards trying to bang his friends wives using all kinds of sleezy schemes.
I liked what daughter Ivan said about his head surgery and hair.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://www.yahoo.com/news/patricia-arq ... 24095.html
Patricia Arquette
@PattyArquette

In the Trump/Bannon divorce who gets custody of the Nazi's?
Being thrown under the bus by Steve Bannon is Donald Trump, Jr’s first experience with public transportation.
Jeff Daniels
@Jeff_Daniels

There is now a book on Trump’s Reading List.
Debra Messing‏ Verified account
@DebraMessing

Speechless. And disturbed.

Don Cheadle
@DonCheadle

drip, drip, drip ...
More at link.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Wonder if The Donald is gonna have a little blood pressure problem when he goes in for his physical.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:27 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/patricia-arq ... 24095.html
Patricia Arquette
@PattyArquette

In the Trump/Bannon divorce who gets custody of the Nazi's?
Being thrown under the bus by Steve Bannon is Donald Trump, Jr’s first experience with public transportation.
Jeff Daniels
@Jeff_Daniels

There is now a book on Trump’s Reading List.
Debra Messing‏ Verified account
@DebraMessing

Speechless. And disturbed.

Don Cheadle
@DonCheadle

drip, drip, drip ...
More at link.
In all fairness, since a healthy dose of skepticism is never a bad thing, why should we believe any parts of this book unless we hear for ourselves the supposed tapes?

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/04/media/m ... index.html

Wolff's reporting has drawn criticism, too. In a review of the Murdoch biography, the late New York Times media critic David Carr wrote that "one of the problems with Wolff's omniscience is that while he may know all, he gets some of it wrong."

Carr noted a pair of errors in the book, including Wolff's assertion that the Times had nixed a series after Murdoch's News Corp had attacked the paper.
The book will be accepted in it's totality and without any skepticism by Trumps detractors. Trump's supporters will conclude the entire thing was fabricated and the truth stretched to be more incendiary and sell more books.

Should this book be taken with a grain of salt?

Some of the details seem to corroborate what we've all been noticing about the Trump administration. The leaks, and so forth.

What does BRD think?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Here's a good article: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ity-325399

Wolff would frequently take jabs at the press and criticize their coverage of Donald Trump. Apparently this helped him curry favor with the Trump admin, thinking he was "on their side", as they believed him to be an ally.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I don't have an opinion on the book's veracity yet, though I'm sure that President* Trump and his Trumpettes will exaggerate any errors and lies. I'm content in enjoying the show while we wait for confirmations, denials, fact checkers and Wolff to release tapes after giving subjects enough rope to hang themselves.
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:20 pm
If there even is anything that's "false and/or baseless" in the book, serves him right.
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2615
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I suppose you're right. Trump has no qualms with playing dirty and blatantly lying. He set the bar. Enjoy a taste of your own medicine, Trump.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Disputed Trump book a hot midnight item at DC bookstore, No. 1 bestseller on Amazon

... A well-known independent bookstore in Washington, D.C., Kramerbooks, which is just a mile away from the White House, had a crowd lined up at midnight.

The bookstore is always open until 1 a.m. on weekdays, but today's midnight crowd, which reportedly included a number of journalists, was apparently bigger than usual. The bookstore sold out of "Fire and Fury," a source told ABC News.

One Twitter user likened the lines at Kramerbooks to "Harry Potter-like queues."

... The publisher declined to release sales figures, noting that it is a privately held company, but a spokesman told ABC News it has had "several trips back to press.”
Comments:
I'm buying a copy just to show Trump that we don't ban books in America.
Amazon is now backlogged 1-2 months
This will probably be the first book that Trump has read since high school.
Trump handled the book release in the worst possible way, giving credit to his incompetency talked about in the book.
Donald Trump inspires no loyalty from his staff. This is telling and his response and the administration’s response pretty much proves that. His only children don’t seem that forceful in protecting him. He is surrounded by sycophant mercenaries and nannies. I have NEVER seen this ever in any US presidency. Congress needs to start talking about the fitness of this presidency and they need to start debating about it openly. This is not only embarrassing but it is dangerous to our national security.
The Art of the Squeal.
:clap:
Attempt to "censor" the book, REALLY? Now tell me t-tards how trump is the smartest ever.
Demented Donnie will now claim he is the greatest bookseller the world has ever seen.
Thank you 45 for making this a BEST seller. YUUGE!!
Trump must be beside himself on this, his attorneys send a c&d and the publisher responds by releasing the book 3 days sooner! IN YOUR FACE!
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:03 pm
I don't have an opinion on the book's veracity yet, though I'm sure that President* Trump and his Trumpettes will exaggerate any errors and lies. I'm content in enjoying the show while we wait for confirmations, denials, fact checkers and Wolff to release tapes after giving subjects enough rope to hang themselves.
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:20 pm
If there even is anything that's "false and/or baseless" in the book, serves him right.
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2615
Oh come on, if it's bad stuff about Trump we have to believe it and accept every word as fact. That's how the wingnuts do it.

:o

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

And if/when an error is pointed out, we have to double down and yell "fake news!"

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:09 pm
Oh come on, if it's bad stuff about Trump we have to believe it and accept every word as fact. That's how the wingnuts do it.

:o
If I thought it was possible to have a lower opinion of President* Trump than I do now, I might be more credulous and enthusiastic.
JTA wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:22 pm
And if/when an error is pointed out, we have to double down and yell "fake news!"
I'm more concerned that enough in the book will be found to be false that it will discredit and distract from the ugly truths within and outside of the book.

If only we and other normal people were like the wingnuts banni mentions, debunking would have no effect.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I read a good comment - Wolff is the Trump of journalism - willing to bend or break any rules in order to win - and thus they are the perfect match.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Read some of the reviews in amazon for a good laugh.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Trump tweets:
....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star....
Hes, like, really smart you guys. Case closed.

O Really
Admiral

Trump's been a public figure for decades. Maybe somebody can find any reference to him ever that includes "stable" or "very smart." Cunning, sure - "market-savvy" - of course; "showman" even "successful" but smart? Nahhhh. Stable? :lol: