President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
bannination wrote:
JTA wrote:... Trump on the handling of sensitive, classified intelligence: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 164b3a28f1
President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.
I have no words...... could you even imagine the fallout if Obama had done something like that??
Or GodForbid a competing candidate had maybe some unmarked classified email on a private server that didn't get breached. :roll:
Just when you think he can't possibly top himself . . .

Found: "fake news. trump got permission from putin first" :D

How restrained are our LEO and intelligence agencies or factions within them? Is it possible that one of those movies where there's action to somehow remove the POTUS will come true?

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

When the World Is Led by a Child

A good, unemotional explanation, by a well-respected conservative.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

rstrong wrote:[

Group 3 will continue to support Trump for a while, because false hope is better then no hope at all.
Funny you should mention "hope." https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... aw2&wpmm=1

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Boatrocker wrote:When the World Is Led by a Child

A good, unemotional explanation, by a well-respected conservative.
Good essay, thanks.

More

My conspiracy theory for the day - The religious RWNJs worked so hard for wholly immoral, barely religious Trump because they knew that VP Q-tip would soon be POTUS.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:They're handling it with their usual level of honesty.
...said H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the meeting. "At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly."
McMaster, however professional, is a political appointee like Michael Flynn, and expected to tow the party line. Meanwhile...
After Trump disclosed the information, which one of the officials described as spontaneous, officials immediately called the CIA and the National Security Agency, both of which have agreements with a number of allied intelligence services, and informed them what had happened.

While the president has the authority to disclose even the most highly classified information at will, in this case he did so without consulting the ally that provided it, which threatens to jeopardize what they called a long-standing intelligence-sharing agreement, the U.S. officials said.
What an idiot.
Now that Trump has admitted doing it, we all know that sleazy McMaster was trying to obfuscate the event and Trump just threw him under the bus. Not that I have an ounce of sympathy for McMaster, but I'll bet that he's royally pissed off.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:
rstrong wrote:They're handling it with their usual level of honesty.
...said H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the meeting. "At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly."
McMaster, however professional, is a political appointee like Michael Flynn, and expected to tow the party line. Meanwhile...
After Trump disclosed the information, which one of the officials described as spontaneous, officials immediately called the CIA and the National Security Agency, both of which have agreements with a number of allied intelligence services, and informed them what had happened.

While the president has the authority to disclose even the most highly classified information at will, in this case he did so without consulting the ally that provided it, which threatens to jeopardize what they called a long-standing intelligence-sharing agreement, the U.S. officials said.
What an idiot.
Now that Trump has admitted doing it, we all know that sleazy McMaster was trying to obfuscate the event and Trump just threw him under the bus. Not that I have an ounce of sympathy for McMaster, but I'll bet that he's royally pissed off.
Anyone trying to spin, deflect or explain for the trumphole should have an understanding by now, that they are expendable. He will contradict them and imply that they don't know what's going on. They should expect it, and just save a little face by stepping in front of the bus themselves.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

7 Weird Side Effects Of President Trump (Nobody Saw Coming*) *Actually, I heard some of these predicted back in November.
Cracked is not necessarily a stellar source, but still, some of this has been reported.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

5. The Gun Industry Is Hurting
We've discussed that one often here.
3. Tourists Are Scared Of America
2. Athletes Don't Want To Visit Us Either
Not a surprise to me.
1. Trump's Tweets Are Screwing With The Stock Market
That began before the election.

I think the others are surprises or I never thought about them one way or the other.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:
5. The Gun Industry Is Hurting
We've discussed that one often here.

Yep. A long-recognized phenom. Wingnuts are so easily frightened and obviously manipulated by the massive industrial complex built around guns.
3. Tourists Are Scared Of America
2. Athletes Don't Want To Visit Us Either
Not a surprise to me.

Nor should it be. To smart folks
1. Trump's Tweets Are Screwing With The Stock Market
That began before the election.

Seems like we discussed that, too . . . .

I think the others are surprises or I never thought about them one way or the other.
There're likely to be more, I fear.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Boatrocker wrote:... Seems like we discussed that, too . . . .
I think you're correct, but can't remember for sure.

Found: "Leaky McShowboat"
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Followup: President Trump Fucked Over Israel, Just Like The CIA Said He Would
Back in January, just as President Donald Trump was taking office, there were rumors of despair coming out of the intelligence community. President Trump couldn’t be trusted, veteran CIA officials were claimed to have said, and they told the Israelis he’d soon start spilling their secrets. And now that’s exactly what happened.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Watergate and Iran-Contra were great scandals, classics, but they took foreeevah to play out.
Bill Clinton had more modern staying power because it was about sex, but blow jobs and cigar dildos get old by the second year.
Shrub had his share of scandals, but most of them revolved around the wars. Too tragic to be titillating. Dick Cheney was probably the real star, especially when Dr. Evil shot his hunting partner.
Obama was way boring, kind of like watching dramas on PBS. He was so boring that the GOP had to keep inventing scandals and, honestly, they're lousy script writers. They only got ratings because nothing else was on.
Trump is the first real POTUS of the millennium. In true reality TV fashion, there's a new and more thrilling scandal every week demanding that we tune in the next week for more.
:-||
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Trump asked Comey to end investigation of Michael Flynn

:shock: Oh man... things are happening fast now.....

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:... :shock: Oh man... things are happening fast now.....
Not that I have any sympathy, but think of all the people whose bios will be forever tainted by, "Was _______ in the Trump administration."

Americans Support Impeaching Donald Trump More Than They Oppose It (48-41%), Poll Finds
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:Watergate and Iran-Contra were great scandals, classics, but they took foreeevah to play out.
Bill Clinton had more modern staying power because it was about sex, but blow jobs and cigar dildos get old by the second year.
Shrub had his share of scandals, but most of them revolved around the wars. Too tragic to be titillating. Dick Cheney was probably the real star, especially when Dr. Evil shot his hunting partner.
Obama was way boring, kind of like watching dramas on PBS. He was so boring that the GOP had to keep inventing scandals and, honestly, they're lousy script writers. They only got ratings because nothing else was on.
Trump is the first real POTUS of the millennium. In true reality TV fashion, there's a new and more thrilling scandal every week demanding that we tune in the next week for more.
:-||

Well said, except cheney and probably bush should be in prison, or turned over to the Iraqis
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:Well said,

I am wise beyond my ears. :D

except cheney and probably bush should be in prison, or turned over to the Iraqis

That would have indeed added some drama and spice to the show.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:Well said,

I am wise beyond my ears. :D

except cheney and probably bush should be in prison, or turned over to the Iraqis

That would have indeed added some drama and spice to the show.

Pelosi's attempt to be nice to the repugs didn't extend 5 minutes into the obama admin.
Cheney committed crimes against humanity and walked away a free man
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

In Cheney's defense, the guy he shot in the face DID apologize to him for getting shot.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

rstrong wrote:In Cheney's defense, the guy he shot in the face DID apologize to him for getting shot.

the guy he shot in the face while drunk DID apologize to him for getting shot