President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by rstrong »

That's probably the moment that Trump first seriously considered running for office.

He's already done the same thing metaphorically a few times. He'll say something goddamned stupid. Spicer, Conway and others will tell the press "That didn't happen" or "You're misinterpreting. He never meant that." And then Trump will tell the press, "I totally did that" or "I totally meant that."

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

rstrong wrote:
O Really wrote:There are a lot of people who still "support" Trump, but they are in only two categories: (1) the idiots who are anti-damgummint, just want to disrupt, don't care about how a democratic government should work, and are jingoistic to boot; and (2) Republicans who don't want to unnecessarily disrupt their own power structure to risk giving anything to the Dems.
There's also group 3, the largest group of all. Those whose jobs have disappeared.

Group 3 will continue to support Trump for a while, because false hope is better then no hope at all.
Better add another group.
"God bless from Canada, we trust you Mr Trump, not the lying media with their smear stories and unnamed sources. Keep up the good fight you are the only one on the little peoples side, God bless."

Seriously, that was a comment on his Facebook page. While surfing around the various Trump Adulation pages, there's one more group that fits into the three you've named: Bigots. They hate Muslims, Latinos, blacks, homosexuals, anyone receiving public assistance, strong women, liberals....

I came to my senses and pulled away when I saw that forensics prove Obama's birth certificate was forged, so everything he did as president should be overturned.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

People that think Trump is an idiot are in fact idiots themselves.

Trump's endless gaffes are in fact complex strategic moves aimed at positioning his enemies right where he wants them so he can deal the final blow and end all of this nonsense. He's highly intelligent, and his detractors are all too stupid to recognize this.

(I have been told this exact thing from a Trump supporter)
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

k9nanny wrote:Better add another group.
"God bless from Canada, we trust you Mr Trump, not the lying media with their smear stories and unnamed sources. Keep up the good fight you are the only one on the little peoples side, God bless."

Seriously, that was a comment on his Facebook page. While surfing around the various Trump Adulation pages, there's one more group that fits into the three you've named: Bigots. They hate Muslims, Latinos, blacks, homosexuals, anyone receiving public assistance, strong women, liberals....
Yup. A Trump / Le Pen fanboy killed several people in a Quebec city mosque a couple months back.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

k9nanny wrote:Better add another group.

I came to my senses and pulled away when I saw that forensics prove Obama's birth certificate was forged, so everything he did as president should be overturned.
Group 5: Russian trolls.
JTA wrote:People that think Trump is an idiot are in fact idiots themselves.

Trump's endless gaffes are in fact complex strategic moves aimed at positioning his enemies right where he wants them so he can deal the final blow and end all of this nonsense. He's highly intelligent, and his detractors are all too stupid to recognize this.

(I have been told this exact thing from a Trump supporter)
Just one? It's like they're reading from a (Liarbart? WingNutDaily? Faux Noise?) script.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too on May 10, 2017 wrote:
BMW/M wrote:Okay Trump. You're making this too easy... The coverup has officially commenced.

Where's Joe Arpaio?
Filling out his slavering application for FBI director. His chief competition is Trump lap dog David Clarke.
Close.

Controversial Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke says he is joining Trump administration (DHS)

I hate when cynical Vrede too is correct.
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Breaking News!

CNN has discovered that President Trump had three eggs for breakfast this morning and everyone else had two. Apparently, a whistleblower located in the White House kitchen leaked the news to the press. Immediately Chuck Schumer, deputy dog for the democrats, requested that a special prosecutor be appointed to look into the matter.

Confidential sources reported that Vladimir Putin also eats 3 eggs for breakfast everyday, and President Trump has been said to admire an egg eating man. Chuck Schumer has demanded that an independent investigator be created to look into this travesty of injustice or the Democrats will have to shut down the government. Bernie Sanders has said that egg eating is not a privilege but a basic human right. Rachel Maddow has said we need to know if they were scrambled, fried, or boiled, because that will prove his sanity.

Nancy Pelosi came out and stated that we have to eat some of the eggs in order to find out what's in them. Fearing that she was losing the political lime light, Maxine Waters held a news conference and stated that she would not support President Trump eating three eggs. Two yes, but not three.
Barack NObama exclaimed, "You didn't cook that!" Shelia Jackson had no comment as she was taking a nap.

Of course, not ones to miss an opportunity, Al "Not So" Sharp and his side kick, Jesse, led a protest against the egg suppliers claiming that the chickens that laid the eggs used by the White House were all white and therefore it was a racist move.

Hillary Clinton, loser of two presidential elections :lol: , has decided to join the resistance. No eggs for her. She's become a complete vegan.
And the View had a complete melt down arguing that the Russians had injected the eggs with a chemical that would cause the WH press to become docile and start respecting President Trump, just like they did NObama. Whoopi said fu*k it!, she's moving to Canada.

Of course CNN's crack reporting team is on top of this developing story and will provide future updates on this developing story.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Robert Mueller appointed

and Kellyanne cancelled on Tucker

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/33398 ... nouncement

"Getting so much better all the time
It's getting better all the time
Better, better, better
It's getting better all the time
Better, better, better"

the Beatles
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:In Cheney's defense, the guy he shot in the face DID apologize to him for getting shot.
On average, I'm more likely to apologize to people that have shot me once than ones that haven't.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
rstrong wrote:In Cheney's defense, the guy he shot in the face DID apologize to him for getting shot.
On average, I'm more likely to apologize to people that have shot me once than ones that haven't.
I certainly can't argue with that.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

The DHS is insisting that "no such announcement" has been formally made.

Meanwhile...
On December 10, 2015 — the same night of the Russia Today gala where Michael Flynn was paid to speak and sat at a table at the right hand of Russian President Vladimir Putin — Clarke was also in Moscow meeting with people in the Kremlin.

As part of a delegation from the National Rifle Association, Clarke traveled to Russia to meet with a Putin deputy,  Dmitry Rogozin. Rogozin heads the Russian defense industry and was, and remains, under sanction by the United States.
Who could have predicted it.

Disclaimer: I've visited the Kremlin too. But that was back during the Soviet era.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:The DHS is insisting that "no such announcement" has been formally made.
It'll be funny if he's FoS.
House Republicans Concerned By Reports Trump Asked Comey To Halt Flynn Investigation

... Republican Study Committee Chairman Mark Walker, who sits on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, said there are factors that need to be taken into consideration before they can determine how to proceed.

“There are two schools of thoughts on this: One, was this just Trump being Trump and saying, ‘Hey, you know, take better care of my guy Flynn.’ Or was this something legitimate where there was some undue influence? That remains to be seen, and I don’t know the answer to that — so we’re just sort of watching and waiting,” he told reporters....
Seth Meyers: They are the same thing!
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Trumps been mighty quiet on Twitter. I think his handlers took away his phone privileges.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

JTA wrote:Trumps been mighty quiet on Twitter. I think his handlers took away his phone privileges.
The tweets that he is making are far to well written to possibly be from Trump.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

The last time Trump called something a "witch hunt," it was the reportage of the Trump University scam that ended in him paying out $25m to settle the lawsuits.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
JTA wrote:Trumps been mighty quiet on Twitter. I think his handlers took away his phone privileges.
Looks like that's over with.

Merriam-Webster desperately tries to make Trump understand the word 'counsel'

With all the times he's been sued?
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
bannination wrote:
Looks like that's over with.

Merriam-Webster desperately tries to make Trump understand the word 'counsel'

With all the times he's been sued?
*Councel.

I know it's stupid to make fun of spelling mistakes on social media, but when you're the president you'd think you'd make sure your stuff is on point.

(He deleted the original tweet with the mispelling. It's pretty unpresidented (sic)).

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

JTA wrote:
I know it's stupid to make fun of spelling mistakes on social media, but when you're the president you'd think you'd make sure your stuff is on point.
Particularly when you're using Twitter as a means of official communication. Not that there's anything right about that, but still. Of course, that's pretty representative of everything Trumps bunch does. No thought, inadequate preparation, sloppy implementation, shabby products.