President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Boatrocker »

O Really wrote:
JTA wrote:
I know it's stupid to make fun of spelling mistakes on social media, but when you're the president you'd think you'd make sure your stuff is on point.
Particularly when you're using Twitter as a means of official communication. Not that there's anything right about that, but still. Of course, that's pretty representative of everything Trumps bunch does. No thought, inadequate preparation, sloppy implementation, shabby products.
Then whine and moan about the mean ol' librul media's unfairness.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

When you're the president you have a YUGE staff that can keep you from making stupid mistakes like this, and I'm guessing that Twitter has SpellCheck.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:When you're the president you have a YUGE staff that can could, theoretically, keep you from making stupid mistakes like this, and I'm guessing that Twitter has SpellCheck.
And if not Twitter, any phone he'd be using has auto-correct. But being corrected isn't something he takes with grace.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I wonder if Trump thinks he can just file for bankruptcy on his presidency.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

With the latest news stories dropping, it really seems like the point of no return has been breached by the Trump administration. Maybe it's just the information solo I inhabit, but the latest wapo and nytimes stories make it sound as if the Rubicon has been crossed. It's no longer possible for the Trump administration to perform damage control. We shall see.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I have to say, from all I've read about Comey, it really does seem like he's a guy that remains true to his convictions. He doesn't seem to be the partisan hack the left made him out to be when he dropped the info about the Clinton emails. Yeah, it absolutely impacted the election, but he absolutely wasn't purposely trying to sway the election to Trump.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

After reading his explanations I still thought that what Comey did in Oct. was clumsy, unprofessional and thoughtless about its predictable impact, but I never was certain about evil.

There's a danger here - Trump's now got expectations so low that if he manages to go 2 weeks without a major revelation or screw up, people will start saying that he's finally becoming "presidential". Then again, I'd be a little impressed with 2 weeks. :D
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri May 19, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Yeah, that's true.

People still love Trump. Got a lot of friends/family who still love him. Footage could be released of Trump giving Putin a handy and wiping up the mess with an American flag and they'd still offer him their first born.

They like the idea of Trump. In their minds resides the meme of trump. The vessel that they can project all of their values upon. Not the actual Trump that reports, tweets, and interviews have revealed.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

It's really interesting visiting conservative forums and websites and seeing the complete silence on the topic. Pretty much all major credible media outlets are reporting on the trump drama. It's not just some fringe conspiracy theory at this point.

Those "conservative" forums have fallen so far down into the pit of resentment that their hatred of those that disagree with them cloud everything else. If punching their wives in the face meant pissing off a liberal because violence against women is an afront to feminism, they'd gladly hand you a set of brass knuckles while yelling "Trump that bitch!"

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Mostly they respond with, "But Hillary, but Obama," as if the exaggerated false narratives they've created about them are more real than the world of real hurt Trump and his team have gotten themselves into.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Sherrif David Clark adorns his uniform with fake medals. Conservatives love this guy. Conservatives also love the military. Conservatives also hate stolen valor. While this may not exactly be stolen valor, it's still very similar - adorning yourself with fake medals to give a sense of bravado,p whilst the medals were not earned and signify absolutely nothing (because it's possible they're totally fake)

Am I living in a dream? It seems like a the Trump team is nothing more than a massive troll aimed at duping conservatives into displaying their hypocrisy. It can't be though, can it? Surely things aren't that simple. I'm reading too much into this, right?

This whole thing is so ridiculous. These people literally support the complete opposite of what they value in almost every instance. It's hilarious.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Looks like Sheriff David Clarke’s “army” medals might be B.S.
"You see all that shit pinned all over his dress uniform jacket? That's not supposed to be there."

It's weird that DHS has neither confirmed nor denied his appointment yet. If it's not fake, the nation's loss will be Milwaukee County's gain.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:... My conspiracy theory for the day - The religious RWNJs worked so hard for wholly immoral, barely religious Trump because they knew that VP Q-tip would soon be POTUS.
Found:

"I suspect Pence saw this coming when he signed up as Cheeto's sidekick."

"We seriously need to consider putting the Obama administration back into the White House to finish out Trump's failed presidency."
:D
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

There's talk that "Senator for Aetna" Joseph Lieberman may be picked the new FBI director.

There’s a Wikipedia edit war going on right now on the page of his law firm, of Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman. Someone is trying to scrub their client Donald Trump’s name from the page.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Huh, well that interesting.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Our POTUS does a fine curtsey. I'm proud of him.
rstrong wrote:There's talk that "Senator for Aetna" Joseph Lieberman may be picked the new FBI director.

:roll: Lieberman is a longstanding mass surveillance hawk.

There’s a Wikipedia edit war going on right now on the page of his law firm, of Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman. Someone is trying to scrub their client Donald Trump’s name from the page.

Pay to play.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

bannination wrote:Image

Huh, well that interesting.
It can be argued he was leaning over so the king could give him that fly Mr. T necklace, but it also looks like he's kind of doing a bow there as well.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's the little dip by the Big Dip after getting the medal that makes it look like a curtsey to me.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:Looks like Sheriff David Clarke’s “army” medals might be B.S.
It's weird that DHS has neither confirmed nor denied his appointment yet. If it's not fake, the nation's loss will be Milwaukee County's gain.
CNN: Sheriff David Clarke plagiarized portions of his master's thesis on homeland security

Not that it matters in this presidency.