President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by rstrong »

Many were expecting a Trump Twitterstorm all through Comey's testimony. Instead he's been uncharacteristically quiet.

Trump may actually, right now, be tied to a chair.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

“A defense attorney's nightmare,” Ryan Goodman, a New York University law professor and the editor of the Just Security blog, told The Washington Post.

“If I was his defense attorney, I would do everything I could do to ask him not to live-tweet during Comey's testimony.”

“I'm sure that to the extent that his lawyers can get him to avoid Twitter, they're very strongly telling him not to say anything at all.”

Maybe it took tying to a chair. Or heavy drugs. Wouldn't be surprised.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

rstrong wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:39 am
Many were expecting a Trump Twitterstorm all through Comey's testimony....
That will teach you to not be vague. :D

‘Flynn stuff is BS’: Donald Trump Jr. tweets up a storm during Comey testimony
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Assuming that's not really Trump tweeting as Trumpspawn...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's whiny enough, but a bit more articulate and coherent.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:47 pm
“A defense attorney's nightmare,” Ryan Goodman, a New York University law professor and the editor of the Just Security blog, told The Washington Post.

“If I was his defense attorney, I would do everything I could do to ask him not to live-tweet during Comey's testimony.”

“I'm sure that to the extent that his lawyers can get him to avoid Twitter, they're very strongly telling him not to say anything at all.”

Maybe it took tying to a chair. Or heavy drugs. Wouldn't be surprised.
I think they should let him go- let trump be trump. It'll make him happier, and me, too. :lolno:
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:55 pm
It's whiny enough, but a bit more articulate and coherent.
Sr. can't fake that. Nosiree.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

rstrong wrote:
Many were expecting a Trump Twitterstorm all through Comey's testimony. Instead he's been uncharacteristically quiet.

He listend with his team, including his private attorney. No way they were allowing unapproved twits from the big twit.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:11 pm
rstrong wrote:

He listend with his team, including his private attorney.
That doesn't rule out his being tied to a chair.

O Really
Admiral

Interesting that he sent out a lawyer to deny his "lying." :lol:
But the lawyer can say anything he wants since he's not under oath and wasn't even at the meetings. But that's what defense lawyers do. Stand up and say "my client is totally innocent, and looks forward to the truth coming out (real killer found, etc.) and being exonerated in court. Meanwhile, he's telling the client, "Dude, you're so screwed." Have you ever seen a defense lawyer stand up and say, "look, we all know my client is guilty, but we're really good at strategic moves, jury selection, and litigation performance, so we've got a good chance to get him off."

And now some say his lawyer may have screwed him over... http://www.politicususa.com/2017/06/08/ ... ached.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The Gang that Couldn't Govern Straight

What's more embarrassing for the nation - what they're doing or how miserable they are at doing it?
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 2:35 pm
rstrong wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 12:04 pm
"Confeve" went viral overnight, filling the quota on Trumpage in the morning news. So when news broke later the same morning that Trump was pulling the US out of the Paris climate agreement, there was less coverage.

Something something bread and circuses.
But from a Republican point of view he's been VERY productive. Followers can acknowledge his childish and crack-addled antics while thinking "that's embarrassing, but harmless." It diverts attention from the real harm in cuts to education, healthcare, the environment etc. etc. etc. The best part: Republicans can deny responsibility. "He's not really a Republican."

So now I think that if the Republicans were to assert control, it would be to order embarrassment on demand. Pulling out of the Paris Accord? Tweet something goddamned stupid a couple hours before the news breaks. Horrific details emerging on RyanCare Trump Edition? Have him attack a comedian.
While You Weren't Looking, House Republicans Just Voted to Financially Screw Us
While most people spent Thursday afternoon scrambling to wrap their heads around former FBI director James Comey’s incendiary testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee, congressional Republicans were busy voting to gut one of the country’s most important financial laws—potentially dooming us all to another economic crisis in years to come.

...the “Financial Choice Act,” a massive rollback of the Dodd-Frank regulations put in place in 2010 by the Obama administration...

...Among other things, the Financial Choice Act grants Congress the ability to fire the heads of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on a whim, and gives it authority over the bureau’s budget—including the ability to defund it altogether...

House Democrats fought against the bill, claiming that it puts the U.S. at risk for a similar financial crisis as rocked the economy in 2008.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I may have missed someone else posting this.

http://www.gq.com/story/robert-mueller- ... ation-team

"But Mueller’s biggest hire to date was [Andrew] Weissmann, who ...

... while working in the U.S. attorney’s office in the eastern district of New York, he tried more than 25 cases involving members of the Genovese, Colombo and Gambino crime families.
Imagine being a president and a corrupt businessman who potentially is at the head of an immense conspiracy. Your life is full of paranoia. You don't know whom to trust. The people around you are constantly trying to manipulate you. You're out of your depth in most meetings. The media won't stop talking about the scandal you're at the center of, but you hope against hope that you'll wake up tomorrow and it'll just go away.

And then you find out the guys who are investigating you are people who have literally brought down presidents and corrupt businessmen. That's the situation our president finds himself in now."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:30 am
The Gang that Couldn't Govern Straight

What's more embarrassing for the nation - what they're doing or how miserable they are at doing it?
Neither. It's the large number of numbfucks who voted for and continue to support the pussygrabber-in-chief, even to going to great contortional pains to spin his idiotic antics and comments.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:05 am
. . . And then you find out the guys who are investigating you are people who have literally brought down presidents and corrupt businessmen. That's the situation our president finds himself in now."
You make it sound like a bad thing . . . .
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Meanwhile, the future of America's healthcare is being decided in secret by 13 Republican men.
...and the members crafting the legislation don’t want to give their colleagues in the Senate—much less the American public—enough time to ask questions or modify the bill in any way.

“We’re not going to have an opportunity to offer a single amendment,” McCaskill continued, incredulous. “It is all being done with an eye to try to get it by with 50 votes and the vice president.”
And no matter how bad it is, come next election, Don'tBlameUsTrumpDidItHe'sNotReallyARepublican.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

image.jpeg
Se Non Ora, Quando?

O Really
Admiral

So Trump says he'll testify under oath. I'm guessing that will be right after he releases his taxes, which he also said he would do. Or maybe following passing of the health insurance bill that "covers everybody" ... and will be "better an less cost than Obamacare." Or maybe after he presents his "beautiful" tax reform program, that was stated to be "in a couple of weeks" back in February. Or surely right after he sets up a (real) blind trust for his businesses. Or maybe he'll wait until the "beautiful" wall is completed. Anyway, I'm sure he'll get around to it as soon as he can.

O Really
Admiral

Well, at least Sessions agreed to testify....
or not...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 00a649053a

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

"Any member of the Congress who doesn't want to punish Russia for what they have done is betraying democracy," Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Sunday. "And if the president doesn't sign the bill to punish Russia, he would be betraying democracy."

"Foreign Relations Chairman Bob Corker last week predicted the Senate is “going to end up with something really, really strong on Russia that can be supported in a very bipartisan way," adding that “we understand all of the itches that are trying to be scratched” by senators furious about Russian cyberattacks during last year’s presidential election."

Oh, hell- the link didn't make the journey. I heard Lindset Graham Sunday morning, and it got me to thinking.
If "we" want to punish Russia, aren't we implying there was something hinky going on? Some of the meetings were -allegedly- about easing sanctions.

Sooooo, if Trump doesn't go along with this bill, is he protecting his investments? If he does sign the bill, will he lose money?

Seems to me, his tax returns are a big missing link, and I don't understand why we're not hearing an outcry about producing them. If money from Russian investments can be proven, there's a huge motive for collusion. Personally, I think any collusion was as much about finances, maybe more about finances, than the election outcome.

Anyway, sometimes my head spins so hard, I need an exorcist.
Se Non Ora, Quando?