President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really »

Just having Lindsay Graham appear to be one of the rational ones is enough to spin heads. Wasn't that long ago he was a drooling right-winger until the even-crazier ones came along.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Heard Graham in the past couple of days, he was going on and on about how President* Trump still has the right policy goals. Don't organize the parade yet.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Just having Lindsay Graham appear to be one of the rational ones is enough to spin heads. Wasn't that long ago he was a drooling right-winger until the even-crazier ones came along.

Saying and doing are very different for people like Lindsay
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:59 pm
Heard Graham in the past couple of days, he was going on and on about how President* Trump still has the right policy goals. Don't organize the parade yet.
From another Graham.

https://hellochristian.com/7670-frankli ... s-complete

Graham believes that religious liberty is under siege from the media, and that Christians need to get behind the government-led campaign for greater religious freedom. "This has been happening across the country," he said. "It’s increasing. We are going to be attacked. Let’s pray and get Christians involved in politics."

And what about Trump's remarkable election victory and his future in the White House? Does he have the hand of God upon him? “He did everything wrong, offended almost every people group, but I believe he won because of God,” Graham said of the President.

“He wanted him in that position and (Trump’s) going to stay in that position until (God’s) vision is complete.”

Se Non Ora, Quando?

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:24 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Saying and doing are very different for people like Lindsay
Yep. I recall very clearly his saying, "My party is bat shit crazy."
Se Non Ora, Quando?

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Replies to this morning's tweets are overwhelmingly negative.

"My God, I'm trying to imagine driving to Florida with you sitting in the back seat. I'd rather have my blood sucked out by leeches."

"Maybe if you gathered them around a table, like a cabinet meeting, forced them to swear their fealty to you at spear point..."

Damn. I've lost the best one, the replies come in so quickly. Something like

"You're so thin skinned you could be used to make condoms."
Se Non Ora, Quando?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

"You're so thin skinned you could be used to make condoms"

Funny
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:06 am
... "You're so thin skinned you could be used to make condoms."
Thanks a lot :roll: , I'll never be comfortable using a condom again.
1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

The Democrat from Oregon poked the bear. Sessions developed bright red spots on his cheeks.
What a gasbag. "Not appropriate", "appropriate" ad nauseum.

I'm having Watergate flashbacks.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

k9nanny wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:02 pm
The Democrat from Oregon poked the bear. Sessions developed bright red spots on his cheeks.

Sessions was really angry.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

JTA wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:06 pm
k9nanny wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Sessions was really angry.

He seems to subscribe to some sort of time travel.

Beauregard told the senators from Oregon and Maine that he was able to be involved in firing Comey 2 weeks after reusing himself because he did it before he recused himself, or some such shit.

Then he puts a WTF look on Angus king's face when he explained that he can't answer questions because there may be a potential future executive privilege

O Really
Admiral

Is it just the lib'rul fake photographers, or is Sessions so stupid he has a permanent "duh" deer in the headlights look. Would you under any circumstances let this guy represent you in court? Would you buy a car from him? Would you expect him to get your order right at McD's?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

If I ever need a ghost costume for Halloween, I would buy one from Sessions.
1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Sessions didn't get where he is through stupidity. He's a lawyer, thus a master of obfuscation. His reasoning that no executive privilege was declared for past conversations, but might be in the future for those past conversations... Oh, hell. That's so off the wall, a rational person can't even describe it.

I noticed how his eyes would be smiley and twinkly for Republicans, hard and cold for Democrats. The Repubs tended to fawn over him.

Of course, we don't get to see the closed sessions. Not fair.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

k9nanny wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:38 am
Sessions didn't get where he is through stupidity. He's a lawyer, thus a master of obfuscation. His reasoning that no executive privilege was declared for past conversations, but might be in the future for those past conversations... Oh, hell. That's so off the wall, a rational person can't even describe it.

I noticed how his eyes would be smiley and twinkly for Republicans, hard and cold for Democrats. The Repubs tended to fawn over him.

Of course, we don't get to see the closed sessions. Not fair.

Did you notice his ears growing?

O Really
Admiral

He may not be stupid in an absolute sense - it takes some degree of literacy to get out of even the U of Alabama law school. But he does seem to be locked in a 1950-something time warp, with little concept of current culture. How somebody can live in DC for 30 years and keep their head that far up their own ass is beyond me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

How somebody can be a congressional Republican for 30 years and not have their head that far up their own ass is beyond me. :D
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:27 am
How somebody can be a congressional Republican for 30 years and not have their head that far up their own ass is beyond me. :D
Well, there's that. :oops:

But 30 years ago, the Republicans had elected Bush the Elder as President, and the Senate leadership included Minority Leader: Bob Dole
Minority Whip: Alan Simpson; Republican Conference Chairman: John Chafee; Republican Conference Secretary: Thad Cochran

None of those guys would have any chance whatsoever of getting elected now, except maybe as Dems.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

O Really wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:25 am
He may not be stupid in an absolute sense - it takes some degree of literacy to get out of even the U of Alabama law school. But he does seem to be locked in a 1950-something time warp, with little concept of current culture. How somebody can live in DC for 30 years and keep their head that far up their own ass is beyond me.
He fits right in with the rest of his party, which seems to be trying to crawl through the muck, back towards the fifties.
His verbal gymnastics remind me of my mother-in-law. On cue: look hurt. On cue: don the look of righteous indignation.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:35 am
Did you notice his ears growing?
They did seem bigger as time passed, and now it makes sense- he has Pinnochio ears!
Se Non Ora, Quando?

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

image.jpeg
Se Non Ora, Quando?