President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
k9nanny
General

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by k9nanny »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:48 pm
k9nanny wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:33 pm
I'd about rather eat the dog than that soybean crap.
Damn, now I'm going to have to cook something different to bring over. Can I borrow 2 cups of dog?

President* Trump > trumpettes > God > Godot > Wonder Woman > Waiting for Dog > affirmative action > woof woof soup > soybean paste :headscratch:
Sounds like a conversation to me.
OK. Sounds like a stoner conversation.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

It should surprise no one that President* Trump and dog stew would be in the same thread.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Back on topic for a moment, I did not know this until tonight (thank you Rachel Maddow).

https://www.nytimes.com/politics/first- ... t-in-1927/

Obama's tweet was spot on.
Obama's Response To Charlottesville Violence Becomes Third Most Liked Tweet In History

Barack Obama shared a Nelson Mandela quote following violent clashes at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

The former president tweeted:
Barack Obama‏ Verified account
@BarackObama

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..."

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

It made it to #1

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:03 am
It made it to #1
Bueno.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:04 am
(Crybaby in Chief) Trump slams Merck CEO for resigning from White House council after Charlottesville controversy

It's pretty bad when Dolt .45 is too immoral for even a Big Pharma executive.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:38 pm
Even the soup ran from the fake president*

Campbell's CEO is out. Time to stop by the grocery and buy some Campbells for the 1st time in years.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2575&p=78148#p78148
Latest Trump Tweet:

Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!
Translation: Rather than be humiliated by further repudiations, I am taking my toys and going home.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Well lookie here what else they did. I quit their products years ago due to BPA linings.

https://www.campbellsoupcompany.com/new ... -mid-2017/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Gwynne Dyer - Trump: the Reagan gambit?
In October 1983, US President Ronald Reagan had a little problem. A massive truck bomb had killed 241 American Marines in their barracks at Beirut airport. That was more than a quarter of the total American force deployed as 'peacekeepers' to Lebanon - a deployment that had already become controversial in the United States. So Reagan had some explaining to do.
[...]
Reagan badly needed a political distraction.
[...]
On October 25, precisely two days after the bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut, the US military began a full-scale invasion of Grenada on Reagan's orders. It was one of history's most one-sided battles - only 19 Americans killed, although the US handed out 5,000 medals for merit and valour - but it did the trick.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

rstrong wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:06 pm
Gwynne Dyer - Trump: the Reagan gambit?
In October 1983, US President Ronald Reagan had a little problem. A massive truck bomb had killed 241 American Marines in their barracks at Beirut airport. That was more than a quarter of the total American force deployed as 'peacekeepers' to Lebanon - a deployment that had already become controversial in the United States. So Reagan had some explaining to do.
[...]
Reagan badly needed a political distraction.
[...]
On October 25, precisely two days after the bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut, the US military began a full-scale invasion of Grenada on Reagan's orders. It was one of history's most one-sided battles - only 19 Americans killed, although the US handed out 5,000 medals for merit and valour - but it did the trick.
I believe our ambassador had just left the building

I continue to blame the actor less and less the more I know about the evil surrounding him. From negotiating as private citizens to keep the hostages in Iran until the Inauguration Day photo op, wars on education and the middle class, sponsored terrorism in Afghanistan and all over South and Central America he was surrounded by evil people feeding him bumper sticker sized soundbites that Ronnie and the barely educated people could understand and salute.
he was a pretty simple man who had a lot of trouble with associates and a total inability to see long range consequences. Remember that it was a low budget made for tv movie about nuclear war that changed his mind about nukes.

trump is so very different. he is a fuck through and through. It doesn't matter who is around him and he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. big man has never run anything, he has just used money to pay others to make him money - legal and not so legal is of no concern.

I believe that this may be looking less and less like the descriptions I keep seeing of, "good times", "fun times"," interesting times" and more and more like we have an uneducated, insane psychopath in the WH and the world should be scared of what he might do at any time he feels threatened.
I said in Right Wing Lies that he will wait for April, but he may need the poll boost earlier - worked for cheney
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

"You know, your nose looks just like Danny Thomas's!"
- Ronald Reagan to the Lebanese foreign minister, after listening to a half-hour lecture on the intricate realities of Lebanese political factions.

Those factions quickly learned how to wipe out other factions near the American base: Drive into an opposing faction's village, launch some rockets or mortars at the Americans, and then quickly leave. A few moments later - 16 inch shells take time to travel 20 miles - the USS New Jersey would obliterate the village.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

intricate realities

thems some kinda tough words when you line em up like that

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

We are doomed. How did this madman get elected?

An hour after he tweeted condolences to Barcelona, he tweeted
Study what General Pershing of the United States did to terrorists when caught. There was no more Radical Islamic Terror for 35 years!
Did no one set him straight when he brought up the pig blood myth last year? Argh!!!!!!!
Se Non Ora, Quando?

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

More and more people are dropping the title and calling him " Mr trump", or just "trump".

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:12 pm
We are doomed. How did this madman get elected?

An hour after he tweeted condolences to Barcelona, he tweeted
Study what General Pershing of the United States did to terrorists when caught. There was no more Radical Islamic Terror for 35 years!
Did no one set him straight when he brought up the pig blood myth last year? Argh!!!!!!!
Trump reacts to Barcelona terror by touting (debunked) anti-Muslim war crime tale

There are true accounts of the brutal suppression and war crimes we perpetrated in the Philippines after having promised independence, no need for Dolt .45 to pass on false ones.

Mark Twain, "Comments on the Moro Massacre" (1906)
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

k9nanny wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:12 pm
. . . Did no one set him straight when he brought up the pig blood myth last year? Argh!!!!!!!
When has anyone, at anytime during the 30-some years this asshole has been in the media spotlight, been able to "set him straight?" Even if it could be done, he is unconcerned with factual truth and authenticity and, god knows, the semi-literate primitives that make up his base certainly do not.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:12 am
. . . Trump reacts to Barcelona terror by touting (debunked) anti-Muslim war crime tale

There are true accounts of the brutal suppression and war crimes we perpetrated in the Philippines after having promised independence, no need for Dolt .45 to pass on false ones.

Mark Twain, "Comments on the Moro Massacre" (1906)
Love Samuel Clemens. Think of the cable tv show he could've shared with Henry Mencken!
His whole utterance is merely a convention. Not a word of what he said came out of his heart. He knew perfectly well that to pen six hundred helpless and weaponless savages in a hole like rats in a trap and massacre them in detail during a stretch of a day and a half, from a safe position on the heights above, was no brilliant feat of arms - and would not have been a brilliant feat of arms even if Christian America, represented by its salaried soldiers, had shot them down with Bibles and the Golden Rule instead of bullets. He knew perfectly well that our uniformed assassins had not upheld the honor of the American flag, but had done as they have been doing continuously for eight years in the Philippines - that is to say, they had dishonored it.
I am generally fond of Teddy Roosevelt, but he was, alas, a politician.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Boatrocker wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:38 am
... I am generally fond of Teddy Roosevelt, but he was, alas, a politician.
Great on the environment and defending us from the fat cats, lousy on race and foreign policy.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Even the soup ran from the fake president*

Campbell's CEO is out. Time to stop by the grocery and buy some Campbells for the 1st time in years.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2575&p=78148#p78148
Latest Trump Tweet:

Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!
Translation: Rather than be humiliated by further repudiations, I am taking my toys and going home.
Citing Trump remarks, entire president's arts council quits

In what's becoming a familiar 'sour grapes' pattern when he's abandoned, Dolt .45 suddenly declares that the panel was slated to be eliminated anyhow.
1312. ETTD.

Oliver!
Red Shirt

Unread post by Oliver! »

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..."

This is a message that is thousands of years old. No one heeded it then, no one is heeding it now.