President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:12 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:31 am
Donald Trump cancels trip to Britain amid fears he won't be welcome, say reports

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump ... 53113.html

Conversation
Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!
10:57 PM · Jan 11, 2018

BwaHaHa!!!
Dang, the world is even more wack than I even imagined. I thought that comment was satire, or something put out by Jimmy Kimmel or some other comedian. Un-fuckin-believable.
No mention that it would cost 600 million to add safety barriers at the old building, or that the full cost of the new building came from the sale of the old building and another London property.

So, the new building is 600 million cheaper, and btw

Bush did it. Really.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:43 am
No mention that it would cost 600 million to add safety barriers at the old building, or that the full cost of the new building came from the sale of the old building and another London property.

So, the new building is 600 million cheaper, and btw

Bush did it. Really.
Yep, it's a lie about his reasons for cancellation, and he even lies about the facts of the replacement.
Trump cancels trip to London, says he turned down offer to cut ribbon at new US Embassy

... The sale of the old embassy actually began under the George W. Bush administration. They announced in an Oct. 2, 2008 release -- a month before Barack Obama's election to his first term -- that the U.S. had entered into an agreement with real estate company Ballymore to acquire the new embassy site in southwest London and that the old site "will be offered for sale almost immediately." The sale to Qatari real estate developer Qatari Diar was completed after Obama became president in November 2009, according to The Telegraph.

The U.S. Embassy in London is funded entirely from proceeds of sale from other U.S. government property in London, according to the State Department. The State Department examined options for a costly renovation of the embassy in 2006, but that would have required an appropriation of taxpayer dollars and would not have met the most critical security needs....
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 pm

This is fun.....

I really really wish our reporters acted like this.
Trump's envoy to Netherlands: Muslim comment was 'just wrong'

Just the 'burning pols' lie. Other lies that cowardly and bigoted Hoekstra has not retracted:
Claiming there are places Dutch cops and other Dutch won't go to due to Muslim violence, so called 'no-go zones';
His December lie denying that he made these 2015 lies;
His December lie calling these 2015 lies lies "fake news".
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:55 am
Heh, heh,heh...

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... rump-hotel
:lol: :thumbup:

The short video is cool, scores of flying “poop” emojis. The message then changes at about 1:30 and keeps changing.

Meet Robin Bell, the artist who projected protest messages onto Trump's D.C. hotel last night
May 16, 2017

Same artist.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

hail Robin
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"No, No. I'm not a racist," Trump said Sunday, after reporters asked him to respond to those who think he is. "I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed. That I can tell you."

(some of my best friends have black people actually working inside their homes and in their yards)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:16 am
"No, No. I'm not a racist," Trump said Sunday, after reporters asked him to respond to those who think he is. "I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed. That I can tell you."

(some of my best friends have black people actually working inside their homes and in their yards)
Has anyone ever said,"No, No. I'm not a racist," that didn't just say or do something racist?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 pm
O Really wrote:

Has anyone ever said,"No, No. I'm not a racist," that didn't just say or do something racist?
Maybe "I'm not a racist but..." and then proceed to say or do something racist. Otherwise, no.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:
"I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed.."
Trump is unable to describe himself as anything but the ultimate of anything. The least racist, the smartest, the best athlete in his school, the biggest expert on x. The greatest businessman ever. Won the election by the greatest margin ever. The largest inauguration day crowd ever. Will end ISIS in his first 30 days because he knows more than any of the generals. etc. etc.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:08 pm
Shit hole country

bout sums it up

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2018 ... le-country
I was in El Salvador for a few days in early 1986, a semi-covert peace activist. Yep, we were the shithole country creating another shithole.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:34 pm
Canada had previously meddled in American presidential politics with Canadian Sarah Palin.

The Trump family fortune was built in Canada; Trump's grandfather ran a brothel in the Yukon.

Trump met his first wife in Montreal, Canada.

There are a number of luxury buildings in Canada bearing Trump's name.

Trump promises a wall on the southern border, but is strangely silent on the northern one. He calls Mexicans murderers and rapists, but has no similar criticism for Canada.

The Republican primaries were sabotaged in favor of Trump by running Ted Cruz as his only viable competitor. And Ted Cruz had spent years stoking anger not merely against the "Washington Establishment, but against the "Republican Establishment", which only benefitted Trump. By the end of the campaign Cruz was on the phones raising money for Trump. Ted Cruz was born in Canada and held Canadian citizenship until the 2016 election cycle.

Rob Ford seems suspiciously like a trial run for the Donald Trump candidacy.
CBC: How an immigrant to Canada helped Donald Trump prove his mental state
This was the test Nasreddine developed as a young researcher two decades ago, in an effort to quickly assess, within 10 or 12 minutes, whether someone has suffered light cognitive impairment or the onset of Alzheimer's disease by asking them to perform tasks such as drawing a clock, identifying animals and remembering words.

He says it has now been used in 200 countries, in 60 languages, and has been deployed in one developing country to demonstrate its leader was no longer fit to govern. On Tuesday, the White House said, Trump scored 30 for 30.
You're welcome!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

If the doctor would lie about trump's weight, he would lie about the idiots ability to remember five words.

No one weight 239 at 6'3" with trump's at least 46" waist.

The man is at least 260 and the doc is a liar.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

So begins the girther movement.

It's certainly consistent with earlier strategy: Tell an obvious lie to distract attention from something much worse.

O Really
Admiral

The White House doc - theoretically - isn't a political position, and he is a "real" doctor, with all the legal and ethical conditions applying. And he also examined the last two Presidents.

Having said that, however, it is just not conceivable that an honest doctor will proclaim someone as much overweight as Trump as in "excellent" health without some significant caveats. The comparisons to 239 pound athletes may not be relevant, but if he's 6'3", looking as large as he is, he's no way under 250. I know some guys carrying around 220 at 6' or 6'2 and they've got only a moderate paunch. Noticeable, and they don't look that great in T-shirts, but nowhere near Trump-like. The man's obese. He can't have much muscle condition, given his lack of exercise. He can't possibly have much cardio strength and I'll bet he'd wheeze like an old steam shovel if he actually had to walk up stairs.

I expected the glowing bull-shit report, I just didn't expect it to come from the doc.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:27 am
So begins the girther movement....
:lol: :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

When the President does it, that means that it's not illegal.
- Nixon

When the President does it, that means that it's not insane.
- Trump

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Petition to Congress:

"Establish the Oversight Commission on Presidential Capacity to ensure medical experts can examine whether any president is fit for the job by supporting H.R.1987."
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Donald Trump’s ‘Screaming’ Face On A Newspaper Stack Gets The Funniest Reworking
Let the Photoshop Battle commence.

Lots of good ones there. This one is timely for us:

This one may be my favorite:

Your favorite?
1312. ETTD.