President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by rstrong »

Alabama explained: There are more opioid prescriptions in Alabama than there are residents in Alabama. They have the highest rate in the country, 125 opioid prescriptions for every 100 people in the state.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

A year ago the GOP was attacking Hillary Clinton for labeling half of Donald Trump's supporters as "deplorable."

I think it's time for her to apologize.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Bad math?

Maybe the non-deplorables have ditched him.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

The idiot is inventing more words.

"Attacking the media, as he likes to do, the US President said on Saturday: “I think one of the greatest of all terms I’ve come up with is ‘fake’”.

He added: “I guess other people have used it perhaps over the years, but I’ve never noticed and it’s a shame.”"

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_59da6 ... 637c44d8b8
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Trump:
Nobody could have done what I’ve done for #PuertoRico with so little appreciation. So much work! https://t.co/k2jAkIpfjI
What a fucking cunt. -- Pardon, I just have no other words ... the absurdity....

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

bannination wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:29 pm
Trump:
Nobody could have done what I’ve done for #PuertoRico with so little appreciation. So much work! https://t.co/k2jAkIpfjI
What a fucking cunt. -- Pardon, I just have no other words ... the absurdity....

You really can't reconcile Trump (Bizzaro) world and the real world. Down is up etc.etc. Sadly this is our reality until at least 2019. Hard not to become desensitized, which I fear this country has become. It's tiresome to be outraged 24\7.

What's on tv?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Now the pimp and his whore are claiming that they can identify with a Venezuelan political prisoner because the WH is like a prison.

Gunsmoke and Mash are always on.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

At this point, even if all the news about Trump was truly and undeniably "fake news", all you would need to to is browse his twitter feed, or listen to or read a transcript from one of his interviews to realize there's something terribly wrong with this man. Why don't his supporters see this?

It's disturbing how his reality TV persona bleeds over into real life. It's all acting. Examples:
  • His usage of people as props.
  • His constant use of cliff-hangers when it comes to policy to keep us "tuned in".
  • He's always talking about ratings. WTF.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

JTA wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:10 am
At this point, even if all the news about Trump was truly and undeniably "fake news", all you would need to to is browse his twitter feed, or listen to or read a transcript from one of his interviews to realize there's something terribly wrong with this man. Why don't his supporters see this?

It's disturbing how his reality TV persona bleeds over into real life. It's all acting. Examples:
  • His usage of people as props.
  • His constant use of cliff-hangers when it comes to policy to keep us "tuned in".
  • He's always talking about ratings. WTF.
But he invented the word "fake"

"The media is really, the word, one of the greatest of all terms I've come up with, is 'fake,'" Trump told Mike Huckabee in an interview for the two-time Republican presidential candidate's new show on the Trinity Broadcasting Network. "I guess other people have used it perhaps over the years but I've never noticed it. And it's a shame. And they really hurt the country. Because they take away the spirit of the country."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2067&p=74732&hilit=invented#p74732
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 12:43 pm
Speaking of phrases. The orange shithead has coined a new phrase for us to use. Seems that he is the originator of the brand new phrase no one has ever used before "prime the pump"

Who knew?

http://www.economist.com/Trumptranscript

But beyond that it’s OK if the tax plan increases the deficit?
It is OK, because it won’t increase it for long. You may have two years where you’ll…you understand the expression “prime the pump”?
Yes.
We have to prime the pump.
It’s very Keynesian.
We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?
Priming the pump?
Yeah, have you heard it?
Yes.
Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just…I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It’s what you have to do.
It’s…
Yeah, what you have to do is you have to put something in before you can get something out."

Is there anything he won't lie about?
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Lol. This is from our president's official Facebook account. Selling some goods.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Latest Trump Tweet:

"President Donald J. Trump Proclaims October 9, 2017, as #ColumbusDay" https://t.co/cbQRst4lN4

(Liked by 6883 idiots.)
Tweets today: 3
Days in: 263 Days left: 1198
Since when does it need a proclamation, and if always since when do POTUSes brag about it?
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

By proclaiming today Columbus day, Trump is giving s big middle finger to those who want to erase "our" "heritage".

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:05 pm
By proclaiming today Columbus day, Trump is giving s big middle finger to those who want to erase "our" "heritage".
Thanks. I will dutifully honor genocidal whites and oranges on 10/9.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:18 pm
JTA wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:05 pm
Thanks. I will dutifully honor genocidal whites and oranges on 10/9.
It's another dog whistle of his.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/11/trump-t ... ghtly.html

Trump stands up against Fake news. Take their licence away, or support me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Between this and his calls for punishing peaceful protest, it must be Shit on the 1st Amendment Month.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Word of the Day (I almost started another new thread)

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/ ... =emaildkre

Norman Ornstein, political scientist and resident scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute, has lived through 13 of them. What he sees with the Trump Administration is something so unique it needs a special word to describe it, a word that has been out of popular usage for nearly two centuries. The word is “kakistocracy.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

kakistocracy (English pronunciation: /kækɪsˈtɑkɹəsi/) is a system of government which is run by the worst, least qualified, or most unscrupulous citizens. ... It was also used by English author Thomas Love Peacock in 1829, but gained significant usage in the 21st century.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

It's as if the US Patent and Trademark Office were put in charge of the executive branch.