President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:20 pm
Well, this is different...
Wow, thanks.

On an unrelated topic, only 2 months until the 15 November Claus von Stauffenberg birthday celebrations.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:34 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wow, thanks.

On an unrelated topic, only 2 months until the 15 November Claus von Stauffenberg birthday celebrations.

"The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:14 pm
"The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making."
I appreciate the writer's insider perspective and semi-bravery, but we need to keep in mind that s/he is a con likely hoping to influence other cons without alienating most of them.

To me, there are so many roots of the problem I wouldn't know how to pick.
Misogyny
Racism
Xenophobia
Treason
Possible dementia
Chronic dishonesty
Insecurity
Delicate ego
Narcissism
Stupidity
Cowardice, etc.

I know that some of these could be called "amorality", but others are pure immorality.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:14 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:34 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wow, thanks.

One Word ("lodestar") Has People Convinced Mike Pence Wrote Anonymous New York Times Op-Ed

Seems possible to me, including that he's stupid enough to get caught. I already figured that President* Trump would have NSA semantic analysts on it, but this would be too easy. Mass polygraphs coming? Can a POTUS fire a VP or does he have to be impeached?

Comments:
I think it was Melania
:lol: :clap:
the use of “lodestar” in the op-ed makes Pence a key suspect
---------------------------------------------------------------------
or SOMEONE else wanting it to LOOK like it was PENCE ...
I'm betting it was Ivanka ...
What a fabulous, well-run presidency. Everything about this administration has been a complete and utter disaster.
I for one, have never used that word, and I never intend to.
So, it had to be Pence. Wow! Tromp is going to arrest his own VP for treason.
And that'll be a good thing. With Pence gone first, he cannot succeed Tromp when he's thrown out of office. And if they wait until after Jan 20th 2019, to get rid of them both, a democrat can ascend to the presidency, since the speaker of the House of Representatives is next in line. The dems will retake the House in the 2018 elections.
Oh yeah, remember Spiro T. Agnew left office first before Nixon resigned.
Funny how history can rhyme.
Umm... nah, Pence is too brown-nosed to write such an op-ed, even anonymously!
Interesting. Especially because he's the one guy that Cheetoh can't fire.
My question answered?
It could only be Pence if Karen told him to do it!!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Too obvious, Pence plant. Off the rails is a Kelly phrase, don't think it's him either.

Pence can't be fired, would have to be impeached.

I'm pretty convinced it's not a top tier person. Second tier, someone without a ton of access to POSPOTUS but works for someone who does.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:32 pm
Yeah, this is normal....

Men standing behind Trump at rally forced to make way for young women
He wasn't PC enough. Think he'll be outed or will self-out, then appear on talk shows or the news?

Comments:
This is not North Korea.
True, he probably wasn't taken out and shot, probably.
Alternative rallies
Let's pray that this show doesn't get picked up for another season!!!
I hope he got paid what he was promised.
WATCH THE CLIP ABOVE.....AT 2:54........TRYING TO PRONOUNCE ANONYMOUS....HILARIOUS
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:15 pm
Too obvious, Pence plant. Off the rails is a Kelly phrase, don't think it's him either.

I'm pretty convinced it's not a top tier person. Second tier, someone without a ton of access to POSPOTUS but works for someone who does.
Could be, my guess is that the NYT wouldn't stretch the truth too far in calling her/him "a senior official in the Trump administration".

As for all the denials, Mark Felt vigorously denied being "Deep Throat" for 30 years.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:17 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Could be, my guess is that the NYT wouldn't stretch the truth too far in calling her/him "a senior official in the Trump administration".

As for all the denials, Mark Felt vigorously denied being "Deep Throat" for 30 years.
The talking heads seem to think it's someone who is actually senior. I hope it is.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

NYT would know they'd get grief for running anonymous commentary, and that the writer has a strong liklihood of getting outed. They're not going to risk giving credence to the "fake news" screams by letting some mid-to-low level grunt write anonymously.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:20 pm
The talking heads seem to think it's someone who is actually senior. I hope it is.
O Really wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:40 pm
NYT would know they'd get grief for running anonymous commentary, and that the writer has a strong liklihood of getting outed. They're not going to risk giving credence to the "fake news" screams by letting some mid-to-low level grunt write anonymously.
"Second tier" would count as "senior" to me, but maybe others would disagree.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I keep going back to it being something trump is in on.

It overshadowed Woodward's book.

It didn't offer anything different than all the other tell all books and editorials

Except one huge Proof on the ((Deep State)).

Trump knew the book was coming out.
He got kellieannieannie to write the letter with a puzzle of clues to keep the media busy.
Proof of the ((Deep State)) and the complicit media right before the election.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:01 pm
... Trump knew the book was coming out.
He got kellieannieannie to write the letter with a puzzle of clues to keep the media busy.
You jest, but it's not entirely far fetched.

David Frum, a Republican senior editor at The Atlantic who "voted for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 U.S. presidential election (and) On May 15, 2017, he called on Trump to resign," argues the the NYT op-ed has made things worse:
This Is a Constitutional Crisis
A cowardly coup from within the administration threatens to enflame the president’s paranoia and further endanger American security.

... The author of the anonymous op-ed is hoping to vindicate the reputation of like-minded senior Trump staffers. See, we only look complicit! Actually, we’re the real heroes of the story.

But what the author has just done is throw the government of the United States into even more dangerous turmoil. He or she has enflamed the paranoia of the president and empowered the president’s willfulness.

What happens the next time a staffer seeks to dissuade the president from, say, purging the Justice Department to shut down Robert Mueller’s investigation? The author of the Times op-ed has explicitly told the president that those who offer such advice do not have the president’s best interests at heart and are, in fact, actively subverting his best interests as he understands them on behalf of ideas of their own.

He’ll grow more defiant, more reckless, more anti-constitutional, and more dangerous.

And those who do not quit or are not fired in the next few days will have to work even more assiduously to prove themselves loyal, obedient, and on the team. Things will be worse after this article. They will be worse because of this article....
I'm not saying that I think the NYT op-ed is a false flag, but I wouldn't entirely rule it out - intentional proof of the 'Deep State' paranoia.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:47 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:01 pm
... Trump knew the book was coming out.
You jest, but it's not entirely far fetched.

David Frum, a Republican senior editor at The Atlantic who "voted for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 U.S. presidential election (and) On May 15, 2017, he called on Trump to resign," argues the the NYT op-ed has made things worse:
This Is a Constitutional Crisis
A cowardly coup from within the administration threatens to enflame the president’s paranoia and further endanger American security.

... The author of the anonymous op-ed is hoping to vindicate the reputation of like-minded senior Trump staffers. See, we only look complicit! Actually, we’re the real heroes of the story.

But what the author has just done is throw the government of the United States into even more dangerous turmoil. He or she has enflamed the paranoia of the president and empowered the president’s willfulness.

What happens the next time a staffer seeks to dissuade the president from, say, purging the Justice Department to shut down Robert Mueller’s investigation? The author of the Times op-ed has explicitly told the president that those who offer such advice do not have the president’s best interests at heart and are, in fact, actively subverting his best interests as he understands them on behalf of ideas of their own.

He’ll grow more defiant, more reckless, more anti-constitutional, and more dangerous.

And those who do not quit or are not fired in the next few days will have to work even more assiduously to prove themselves loyal, obedient, and on the team. Things will be worse after this article. They will be worse because of this article....
I'm not saying that I think the NYT op-ed is a false flag, but I wouldn't entirely rule it out - intentional proof of the 'Deep State' paranoia.

I don't jest at all.

rovian - plant the typewriter bs to blow up the real story

scare em with visions of mushroom clouds and get rich on oil and military servicing.

attack to distract

The the only new thing reveled is the absolute proof of the ((Deep State)) and the crooked fake dem controlled media attacking the greatest president ever.

Don't forget his "publicist" who sounded just like trump, or
what about the probably fake tax returns someone tricked Rachael Maddox into showing

Unless it was directed by trump as something for him to fight against,
there is no motive.

There's always a motive - always.

O Really
Admiral

I have no doubt it's something Trump would try - I just don't think the NYT is that easy to fool. Trump's ummm "expertise" was with the Page Six people at the NY Post and the National Enquirer. And it's not like the NYT wouldn't be suspicious.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:29 pm
I have no doubt it's something Trump would try - I just don't think the NYT is that easy to fool. Trump's ummm "expertise" was with the Page Six people at the NY Post and the National Enquirer. And it's not like the NYT wouldn't be suspicious.
Probably true, but it believed in Iraqi WMDs when most of the world's citizens didn't.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Well there's that.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:20 pm
... Unless it was directed by trump as something for him to fight against,
there is no motive.

There's always a motive - always.
Anonymous explained her/his motive. You don't buy it?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Good analysis here, finding best guess is Huntsman

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... trump.html