President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by rstrong »

Trump has appointed Larry Kudlow as his top economic adviser.

The good news is that he's pro-NAFTA and anti-tariff.

The bad news: You may remember him from 2008. All through the year, as the economy weakened, until the whole house of cards collapsed on Sept. 15, he was insisting "There is no recession and there will be no recession." And "We are in a mental recession, not an actual recession."

The book Superforecasting uses his wild misses in the leadup to the 2008 financial crisis as a cautionary example of what not to do.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

A fun read:

Techdirt: How Trump's Lawyer's Silly Lawsuit Against Buzzfeed May Free Stormy Daniels From Her Non Disclosure Agreement
Enter Buzzfeed: one of its lawyers on the Cohen case, Katherine Bolger from powerhouse law firm Davis, Wright, Tremaine, just sent a letter to Daniels' lawyer, Michael Avenatti, asking Daniels to preserve the documents at issue (i.e., the gag agreement), noting that this may be relevant to their own defense against Cohen. This suggests a plan to subpoena this information, which would likely free it from the gag order (and hand Buzzfeed one hell of a story).

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

John Brennan tweet to the big Twit
"When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you." https://t.co/uKppoDbduj
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:16 pm
bannination wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:08 pm
Guys..... I'm getting a little excited about how close Mueller is to Trump now.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to add the ???? on "Days left:"?!

8-)
Gotta wait to see what he charges him with, if you think this presidency has been a shit show so far just wait!

Grab your popcorn!!

We might need a second clock ⏰ for when Agent Orange has a total meltdown.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:42 am
We might need a second clock ⏰ for when Agent Orange has a total meltdown.
Better define "total meltdown". By previous standards it occurred months ago, maybe even during the campaign.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

So true, what would a total meltdown even look like?

With Trump I'm afraid it may end up with a nuclear fireball, in which case, no clock needed since we're all screwed.

Geez, even with Bush I would have been joking, but that's just a non joking sentence that no one should ever have to write. Hell, I'm even concerned there could be a new civil war.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

I was kinda thinking it would be something like a foaming at the mouth kind of thing.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:56 pm
I was kinda thinking it would be something like a foaming at the mouth kind of thing.
The evangelicals would treat that - along with speaking in tongues - as a state of rapture.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

rstrong wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:38 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:56 pm
The evangelicals would treat that - along with speaking in tongues - as a state of rapture.

Q said it would happen!

Q: Chapter 5 verse 1
From the mouth of a king will come strange words.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Trump didn't listen to his advisors who told him not to congratulate Putin. His briefing materials had - in all-capital letters - "DO NOT CONGRATULATE."

He won't listen to his lawyers on the Russia probe.

Somehow I don't think the State Department is looking forward to his meeting with Kim Jong-un.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
As a matter of National Security I've signed the Omnibus Spending Bill. I say to Congress: I will NEVER sign another bill like this again. To prevent this omnibus situation from ever happening again, I'm calling on Congress to give me a line-item veto for all govt spending bills!

How is it possible that this dumb Fuck hasn't been told this is unconstitutional??😱

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_It ... ct_of_1996

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:25 pm
Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
As a matter of National Security I've signed the Omnibus Spending Bill. I say to Congress: I will NEVER sign another bill like this again....
I'm just happy that he's admitting that he will resign or be impeached and convicted within a year. :wave: :D
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:41 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:25 pm
Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
As a matter of National Security I've signed the Omnibus Spending Bill. I say to Congress: I will NEVER sign another bill like this again....
I'm just happy that he's admitting that he will resign or be impeached and convicted within a year. :wave: :D
👍👍That'll work 👌👌

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Former Disney Actress Joins White-House Press Team

In news that should surprise nobody, a former Disney child-star has joined the White House press team. Her name is Caroline Sunshine. She starred as Tinka Hessenheffer, a former Eastern European princess who escaped to America with her family to become a pop star in Disney’s Shake It Up. Sunshine also appeared in Marmaduke and the Lifetime movie Mommy, I Didn’t Do It.

Sunshine (yes, her real name) was recently promoted from White House intern to a full-time press assistant. Before, she interned for the office of House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, the College Republican National Committee, and the California Republican Party, according to White House spokesperson Lindsay Walters....
Impressive resume :roll: . Oddly, I can't find that she attended even a day of college, let alone earned a degree, or has had any sort of real job. The idiocracy continues.

Comments:
he lost hope, but now has sunshine.
Before it was Stormy and now Sunshine? That makes sense.
The scary thing is that nobody is surprised after reading this.
Does she get the $130,000 before? Or after?
'I've got SUNSHINE... on a STORMY day'.........
Good to know he is still getting qualified people for positions. Maybe Scott Baio can be the next Secretary of the Interior.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:18 pm
Impressive resume :roll: . Oddly, I can't find that she attended even a day of college, let alone earned a degree, or has had any sort of real job. The idiocracy continues.
I dunno. I have no problem imagining our Prime Minister hiring a Disney star named Sunshine to deal with the press.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:25 pm
I dunno. I have no problem imagining our Prime Minister hiring a Disney star named Sunshine to deal with the press.
With YOUR Prime Minister, former Disney stars would do it for free.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:18 pm
... I can't find that she attended even a day of college, let alone earned a degree ...
My bad, didn't think to check IMDB.
Caroline Sunshine

... she is a sophomore at Claremont McKenna College studying International Relations and Economics....
The bio must be dated since it doesn't mention the WH and other GOP gigs. I wonder if she made it past sophomore, is still doing remote learning, or dropped out.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:20 pm
... she is a sophomore at Claremont McKenna College studying International Relations and Economics....
The bio must be dated since it doesn't mention the WH and other GOP gigs. I wonder if she made it past sophomore, is still doing remote learning, or dropped out.
Not important. When she's contradicting what the President said/wrote to explain to the press what he really meant, it's her acting experience that counts.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

A couple more weeks and he'd have hired her as a lawyer.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:30 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:20 pm
Not important. When she's contradicting what the President said/wrote to explain to the press what he really meant, it's her acting experience that counts.
:lol: :thumbup:

Disney, especially, will help her communicate with the realism of and at the level of President* Trump and his Trumpettes.
1312. ETTD.