President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

Shucks, I feel just awful that you've gotten so befuddled as to think that I'm offended and thus felt the need to apologize, Mr.BOliver. Rather, it is my pleasure to call out a deplorable crybaby Nazi/KKK supporter that cowers from the point that making an idiotic moral equivalence between racists and those that bravely oppose them is really immoral racism. Thank you!
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Oliver!
Red Shirt

Unread post by Oliver! »

More like you got beat again.

Not really. I'm seeing why this forum only has a few active members.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The implication that you're really new is yet another sleazy lie, same as the hundreds before, and gets you put on 'ignore' again, Mr.B/O.

If it bothers you so much, crybaby, maybe you should find a forum that doesn't chase away deplorable Nazi/KKK supporters like they are goosestepping marchers in Charlottesville.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Oliver! wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:19 pm
From what I've seen on TV, hate speech and acts of violence have not been limited to Alt-Right / Nazis / KKK . One side is radical and the other side is either celebrating or competing with it.

just for giggles

were the jews who resisted the Nazis terrorists?

how about the French Resistance? the Nazis were the established law of the land, yet they were terrorized by resistance terrorist cells and lone wolf attacks.

but you keep wanting to equate resistance to hate with actual hate (the Nazis did too).
even bb didn't go there and he's a real hater.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Oliver! wrote:
From what I've seen on TV, hate speech and acts of violence have not been limited to Alt-Right / Nazis / KKK . One side is radical and the other side is either celebrating or competing with it.
Hey Oliver, where you do hail from?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Found:
25th for 45th
1312. ETTD.

Oliver!
Red Shirt

Unread post by Oliver! »

bannination wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:28 pm
Oliver! wrote:
Why do you ask?

Oliver!
Red Shirt

Unread post by Oliver! »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:15 am
Shucks, I feel just awful that you've gotten so befuddled as to think that I'm offended and thus felt the need to apologize, Mr.BOliver. Rather, it is my pleasure to call out a deplorable crybaby Nazi/KKK supporter that cowers from the point that making an idiotic moral equivalence between racists and those that bravely oppose them is really immoral racism. Thank you!
Now that I've figured out the idiosyncrasies of posting in this forum, I'll reply to your inane remarks. I am not a crybaby Nazi/KKK supporter. I deplore all violence regardless whether it's a protest or counter protest. The picture I posted was to point out that a wrong does not make a right. The man in uniform was expressing his opinion, albeit in support of a hateful stance. The young woman with her fingers in his face was displaying identical ignorance. My pointing that out apparently pissed you off and send you into a name calling tirade.

No more than I've posted here I've found that you are highly thin skinned, and yes, easily offended, and do not like anyone making comments that do not align with your way of thinking. And another thing, I do not have BO, I shower every morning, thank you.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:32 am
The implication that you're really new is yet another sleazy lie, same as the hundreds before, and gets you put on 'ignore' again, Mr.B/O....
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Oliver! wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:21 am
One group is no better than the other.

just for giggles

how about the French Resistance? the Nazis were the established law of the land, yet they were terrorized by resistance terrorist cells and lone wolf attacks.

but you keep wanting to equate resistance to hate with actual hate (the Nazis did too).
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

Oliver! wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:29 pm
bannination wrote:
Oliver! wrote:
Why do you ask?
Well, you're pretty pro-nazi, so just wondering where you're from and how geo-political influence has affected your world view.

Oliver!
Red Shirt

Unread post by Oliver! »

bannination wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:34 pm
Oliver! wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:29 pm
bannination wrote:
Oliver! wrote:
Why do you ask?
Well, you're pretty pro-nazi, so just wondering where you're from and how geo-political influence has affected your world view.
No I'm not pro Nazi, KKK, BLM or any of those new fangled causes that have recently arisen, rather I am a pacifist. Violence begets violence. Had the law not been there (re: the photo) violence could have erupted with the young man possibly killing someone with the sidearm or AK-47 he was toting. I shudder to think this, but if something doesn't change very soon, this nation is going to erupt into a civil war.

Trump has done nothing but embolden and inflame the rednecks and incite lawlessness. Their actions have in return brought about retaliation very much like the actions of ISIS. ISIS is blowing up historical monuments and buildings, and the counter-protesters are demanding destruction of those Civil-War markers remaining in the U.S. It's all senseless. Monuments and statues do not mean they're an endorsement of what the individuals stood for, rather they are symbols of the nation's struggles. (Did you know that Blacks were the first to own slaves in the U.S. ?) The counter-protesters, in my opinion, are using their hate of Trump as an excuse to destroy, as well as retaliation against those who voted for him. They have been protesting against one thing or another ever since Trump took office, and the hate faction is capitalizing on it. I didn't vote in this election, and I'm very happy that I didn't vote for Trump. BTW, I was born in Minnesota.

Oliver!
Red Shirt

Unread post by Oliver! »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:32 am
The implication that you're really new is yet another sleazy lie, same as the hundreds before, and gets you put on 'ignore' again, Mr.B/O.

If it bothers you so much, crybaby, maybe you should find a forum that doesn't chase away deplorable Nazi/KKK supporters like they are goosestepping marchers in Charlottesville.
:lol: I thought you were saying I had body odor! Are you saying I'm someone else? Your remarks are rather inane. In one sentence you're accusing me of being someone else, and in the next, telling me to leave if I don't like it here. Maybe you'll feel better if I type out a few question marks and periods:

??? . . . ??? . . . ??? Feel better?
:lol: :lol:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Some would say silence implies consent.
There certainly have been protests ever since Trump was elected* President*, but it's not in protest of the election per se. It's in protest of the things he says he wants to do, and the things he's done.

Oliver!
Red Shirt

Unread post by Oliver! »

O Really wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 pm
Some would say silence implies consent.
There certainly have been protests ever since Trump was elected* President*, but it's not in protest of the election per se. It's in protest of the things he says he wants to do, and the things he's done.
I can't argue with that.

bannination
Captain

Oliver! wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:03 pm
BTW, I was born in Minnesota.

Sorry Oliver, but going to have to ask you to post on the conservative side of the forum. You're obviously trying to mask your location, and you act just like a previous poster that was banned for doxxing.

In the off chance you are completely innocent, you can still post to that forum and people are free to engage you over there if they so choose.

I also really don't want my bandwidth going to nazi supporters.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:34 pm
Hey Oliver, where do you hail heil from?
Ftfy

Bannon Declares War on Trump, Says 'That Presidency is Over'

:lol: :clap: I'm thinking that President* Trump's only base now is people that have no politics or even life other than hating Hillary and/or Obama.

Merriam-Webster‏ Verified account
@MerriamWebster

🏥 heal (to become healthy again)
😈 heel (a contemptible person)
🙋‍♂️ he'll (he will)
I'm beginning to love Merriam-Webster like a dear friend.
Boston, and the REST of the country, will #heel when the guy with the "best words" resigns so that he can learn how to spell 4-letter words.
#Heel the world.

Let's unite and #heel this country.

Over covfefe.
Autocorrect does strange things. It's like when I want to condemn a white supremacist for crashing his car into a group of peaceful protesters, and my stupid phone blames both sides.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:58 am
Oliver! wrote:

just for giggles

bb would also run away from simple questions

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:41 pm
Oliver! wrote:
False equivalency. To apply a quote from original right-winger Barry Goldwater, "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"

So of all the people who showed up at Charlottesville, which were defending liberty and pursuit of justice?

Let's say a guy is on the street assaulting a woman, and let's say another guy comes up and hits the attacker. Both men "assaulted" - both men struck another person. Does the fact that both their actions are similar mean that both are equally wrong?
bannination wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:46 pm
You lost me at Americans are no better than Nazis.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:58 am
... you keep wanting to equate resistance to hate with actual hate (the Nazis did too)....
Real Christians:
Meet the clergy who stared down white supremacists in Charlottesville

... among the many untold stories of the harrowing day is the account of hundreds of religious leaders like Harper who descended on Charlottesville to resist white supremacy. While images of prayerful resistance are often less eye-catching than bloody fists, spiritual protesters were still a crucial part of both the counter-protests and relief efforts. Many stood arm-in-arm while staring down white supremacists—and plan to do it again....

The first of these events was a prayer service on Friday night, the evening before the rally, when attendees say as many as 1,000 people packed the pews of St. Paul’s Memorial Church. Leaders such as Harvard Divinity School professor Cornel West and UCC minister Rev. Traci Blackmon stood before the gathered crowd to condemn racism in spiritual terms....

A group of torch-bearing white supremacists unexpectedly stormed onto the University of Virginia campus directly across the street, shouting slogans such as “white lives matter” and “you will not replace us!” As the white-shirted hordes surrounded and harassed a small band of counter-protesters standing in front of a Thomas Jefferson statute, faith leaders quickly shut the doors of the church, instructing people to stay inside.

... one woman who tried to exit the church was promptly maced by white supremacists ...

McLaren noted that many protesters over the weekend were also elderly, “a lot of clergy in their 70s and beyond.” ...
They had their guns and shields. We had our songs, our faith, our love. And we had each other. #LoveResists #CVilleClergyCall

The white supremacists arrived slowly, and Harper says many seemed unsure of how to respond to the clergy presence. Some began to march between the faith leaders and the militia, calling them “weak” and shouting “you really believe that?” in their faces as they sang.

“We got a lot of vitriolic slurs,” Wispelwey said. “Most of them homophobic.” ...

“My dominant impression was the incredible courage of the Black Lives Matter people who set up right near where the clergy set up—so in the very center of the gathering crowd,” McLaren said. “I watched bottles and sticks flying, and then canisters of smoke. And I don’t know what was pepper spray, what was mace, what was smoke bombs…I saw Black Lives Matter signs being taken from protestors. They would pick those signs up and stand their ground.”

... As tensions mounted on Saturday morning, some clergy broke away to stage an even more dramatic—and far more dangerous—protest. A faction that included professor West, Smith, and Wispelwey formed a line across the entrance of the park and linked arms, blocking white supremacists from entering.

They took their positions knowing there was little guarantee that there would be help if they needed it....

“A group of white supremacists broke through our line with shields,” Wispelwey said. “Some of them were screaming and spitting slurs [as they] physically shoved clergy aside with their shields.”

Clergy rearranged their positions to try and hold off another wave of white nationalists. But when the “the alt-right instigated their violence” down the street against counter-protesters, a group of Antifa intervened. The clergy took moment as a chance to disperse.

“That’s when Antifa saved our lives,” he said.

... Then tragedy struck. As McLaren, Wispelwey, and others convened at the top of a hill, a car down the street—which authorities say was driven by white supremacist James Alex Fields Jr.—barreled through a group of counter-protesters, wounding 19 and killing Heather D. Heyer.

Within minutes, the faith leaders were called on to respond.

“A group of people ran up to us and said, ‘You guys are needed. Somebody killed some people,’” McLaren said.

Clergy sprinted into the chaos, entering the mass before police or ambulances arrived. Some helped a woman find her niece who had been struck. Others aided the wounded themselves.

“There were a lot of people that were hurt who probably won’t be counted [among the wounded],” McLaren said. “I helped one young woman who had been hit, flew into the air, dislocated her shoulder, had a huge bruise. She just wanted to get away. So I helped her get some water and ice. Her hand was bleeding badly.” ...

“Now we can say there is a group of white men who are committed to violence and brutality, and that raises the stakes—and makes the possible outcomes of any action or civil disobedience that much more unpredictable,” Smith said. “But hopefully we can take lessons from Charlottesville and use them to be be better equipped to face white supremacy as it raises its head all over the country.” ...
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Here's the mass resignation letter from the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities.

Note the hidden message - first letter of each paragraph.