POTUSes

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: POTUSes

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

McCain certainly did have some admirable qualities.

Sarah Palin isn't invited to John McCain's memorial services
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:51 am

Palin mourned McCain in a tweet Saturday night after his death, calling him her "friend."
Guess not.
McCain said in the months before his death that he regretted not picking then-Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman as his running mate in 2008. The New York Times reported in May that McCain said not choosing Lieberman was "another mistake that I made."

Palin, in response, said to NBC News that she had "a lot of respect" for McCain, but his comments were a "gut punch."

"I don't lie, so I'll tell you -- a bit. You know, I think I described it earlier as a gut punch," Palin said at the time. "But again, I'm going to choose to look back on the good times that we did have together."

"It is kind of sad to hear that he and or someone speaking for him does have regrets," Palin added. "And I hope that he finds that kind of peace and contentment also to be able to look back on decisions and realize, really, things work out the way that they're supposed to work out."
She was a rotten choice, but I don't think that's quite fair. Thanks to the Shrubcession and other reasons to be disgusted with the GOP, I don't think that McCain ever had a chance.

Joe Lieberman wouldn't have necessarily helped.
Respectable in some ways, but kind of a limp rag. I've never seen anyone excited about him.
He crashed and burned just 4 years earlier on Super Tuesday, February 3, 2004.
Moderate doesn't necessarily translate to popular. He may not have picked up many Dems and may have lost McCain some Repugs.

It was a sign of McCain's dire straights that his Hail Mary options were Sarah Palin and Joe Lieberman.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:44 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Palin mourned McCain in a tweet Saturday night after his death, calling him her "friend."
Guess not.
McCain said in the months before his death that he regretted not picking then-Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman as his running mate in 2008. The New York Times reported in May that McCain said not choosing Lieberman was "another mistake that I made."

Palin, in response, said to NBC News that she had "a lot of respect" for McCain, but his comments were a "gut punch."

"I don't lie, so I'll tell you -- a bit. You know, I think I described it earlier as a gut punch," Palin said at the time. "But again, I'm going to choose to look back on the good times that we did have together."

"It is kind of sad to hear that he and or someone speaking for him does have regrets," Palin added. "And I hope that he finds that kind of peace and contentment also to be able to look back on decisions and realize, really, things work out the way that they're supposed to work out."
She was a rotten choice, but I don't think that's quite fair. Thanks to the Shrubcession and other reasons to be disgusted with the GOP, I don't think that McCain ever had a chance.

Joe Lieberman wouldn't have necessarily helped.
Respectable in some ways, but kind of a limp rag. I've never seen anyone excited about him.
He crashed and burned just 4 years earlier on Super Tuesday, February 3, 2004.
Moderate doesn't necessarily translate to popular. He may not have picked up many Dems and may have lost McCain some Repugs.

It was a sign of McCain's dire straights that his Hail Mary options were Sarah Palin and Joe Lieberman.
So amazing that she is too fucking stupid to see that she is, has been and always will be a "punch in the gut" to intelligence and good taste at every level.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:35 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

So amazing that she is too fucking stupid to see that she is, has been and always will be a "punch in the gut" to intelligence and good taste at every level.
Sadly, exactly those "assets" may have paved the way for POSPOTUS more than any other. I wonder if McCain ever pondered the irony of the extent to which he was responsible for Dolt .45.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Act now: Terrifying new revelations about Trump's fitness for office

Petition to Congress:

"Support H.R. 1987, which would establish the Oversight Commission on Presidential Capacity to ensure medical experts can examine whether any president is fit for the job."
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

'Look what I did to her sons.' Trump fires back at Barbara Bush remarks in new biography

What he did to Dubya is save him from being the worst POTUS in modern history.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:29 am
'Look what I did to her sons.' Trump fires back at Barbara Bush remarks in new biography

What he did to Dubya is save him from being the worst POTUS in modern history.
I consider that he also eclipses Nixon in the corruption category; at least Nixon was discreet about it. Also, if Joe Isuzu had even been president, trump would far surpass Joe in blatant lies.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Suspects who allegedly vandalized Gerald Ford's grave turn themselves in

They tried hitting golf balls at the memorial, but they kept missing it by a mile.

Jerry would pardon them, even if they covered up an assault on our democracy.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:47 pm

They tried hitting golf balls at the memorial, but they kept missing it by a mile.

Many people say that when they inadvertently bumped into Jerry and they'd say "pardon me" he'd whip out his pen and start writing. It was somewhat awkward.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:37 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:47 pm

Many people say that when they inadvertently bumped into Jerry and they'd say "pardon me" he'd whip out his pen and start writing. It was somewhat awkward.
:D :thumbup:

Found:
Three people have been elected to the presidency on the basis of their presumed success in the business world: Herbert Hoover, a successful engineer; George W. Bush, the first MBA president, and Donald Trump, a self proclaimed tycoon with a track record of multiple bankruptcies. All three have left, or will have left, office with the economy in a shambles, and Bush and Trump inherited a very healthy economy. Why should the country elect this one to another four years?
:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:37 pm
Former President George W. Bush Speaks Out on George Floyd Protests, Calls For 'Peace Rooted in Justice'

Still a war criminal that crashed the economy, but not bad.
Sort of like saying "shit, man, I'm sorry I crashed your new car and fucked your girlfriend but it was a holiday...."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Poll Ranks Barack And Michelle Obama As The World's Most Admired Man And Woman

... Other prominent people high on the list included Chinese President Xi Jinping, who ranked third, the Dalai Lama, eighth, businessman and entrepreneur Elon Musk, ninth, Russian President Vladimir Putin, 12th, and President Donald Trump, 15th.

Ranking second, third and fourth on the list, respectively, were actress and social activist Angelina Jolie, Queen Elizabeth II and talk show host and author Oprah Winfrey. Hillary Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, came in 13th, while first lady Melania Trump was 19th. Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres placed 20th ― a drop of five spots from her previous rank in 2019, possibly due to allegations that she has overseen of a toxic work environment on her program....

According to YouGov’s analysis of the results, Barack Obama was notably more admired than Trump in all countries aside from Russia....
:lol:
... YouGov’s finding strictly within the U.S. found that Barack Obama again ranked first among men, followed by Trump, former President Jimmy Carter, actor Tom Hanks and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

Michelle Obama held her number one spot among women, follow by the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Melania Trump, Queen Elizabeth II and Winfrey.

Here are the most popular men and women within the U.S., according to the new poll.

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Jackie freakin Chan?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:57 pm
Jackie freakin Chan?
Wasnt that the name of an ABBA song?
Jackie Chan - Jackie Chan - Jackie Chan

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

MSNBC is showing it. Excellent production.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Heard on TV:
The POTUSes elected in 2008, 2000 (selected, actually) and 1992 are all younger than the 2020 candidates for POTUS. :problem:
1312. ETTD.