Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

rstrong wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:03 pm
I'm wondering if Trump will run for a second term as John Barron. Or whatever name he used on the Stormy Daniels NDA.

David Dennison for the nda and John Miller was the spokesman who sounded exactly like trump.

They could possibly run against each other.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Rosenstein: 'Justice Department is not going to be extorted'
The deputy attorney general ridicules talk of a Republican drive to impeach him.

The Justice Department official overseeing the investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia insisted on Tuesday that he wouldn’t be intimidated by suggestions from conservative Republican lawmakers that he be impeached for defying requests for congressional oversight.

“There have been people that have been making threats, publicly and privately, against me for quite some time, and I think they should understand by now: The Department of Justice is not going to be extorted,” Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said during an appearance at the Newseum in Washington. “Any kind of threats that anybody makes are not going to affect the way we do our job. We have a responsibility and we take an oath. That’s the whole point.”

... During the question-and-answer session on Tuesday marking “Law Day,” the mild-mannered Rosenstein could not resist a swipe at whoever on Capitol Hill was behind a version of proposed articles of impeachment against him being circulated by GOP lawmakers and published in The Washington Post.

“They can’t even resist leaking their own drafts,” the deputy attorney general said. “I saw that draft. I mean, I don’t know who wrote it. It really does illustrate, though, a really important distinction between the way we operate in the Department of Justice — if we’re going to accuse somebody of wrongdoing, we have to have admissible evidence and credible witnesses. We need to be prepared to prove our case in court. … We have people who are accountable. And so I just don’t have anything to say about documents like that that nobody has the courage to put their name on.”

... The articles drafted by Rep. Mark Meadows of North Carolina and other Freedom Caucus allies accuse Rosenstein of multiple transgressions, including failure to follow surveillance laws, remove staff with conflicts of interest and produce documents to Congress in a timely way....
:---P

Rod Rosenstein is a lifelong Repug.
He graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, with a B.S. in economics, summa cum laude in 1986. He earned his J.D. degree cum laude in 1989 from Harvard Law School, where he was an editor of the Harvard Law Review. He then served as a law clerk to Judge Douglas H. Ginsburg of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. He was a Wasserstein Fellow at Harvard Law School in 1997-98.
He worked for Daddy Shrub, Ken Starr on the Whitewater investigation, and Baby Shrub who also nominated Rosenstein to a seat on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Then:
President Donald Trump nominated Rosenstein to serve as Deputy Attorney General for the United States Department of Justice on January 13, 2017. He was one of the 46 United States Attorneys ordered on March 10, 2017, to resign by Attorney General Jeff Sessions; Trump declined his resignation. Rosenstein was confirmed by the Senate on April 25, 2017, by a vote of 94–6.
Asshole Meadows is my US Rep.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Daily Kos: What If the Russia-Funded Inauguration Fund Paid the $25 Million Trump Univ. Settlement?
Meanwhile, Trump’s Presidential Inaugural Committee collected donations totaling $106.7 million, more than double that collected by President Obama’s $53.2 million for his 2008 inauguration, a much larger and more star-studded affair than Trump’s. fortune.com/… Among those with ties to the Russian government who gave to the Inaugural Committee are Alexander Shustorovich, who gave $1 million, Leonard Blavatnik, a Ukrainian-born billionaire who holds American and British citizenship, who also gave $1 million, Russian-born oil executive Simon Kukes, Viktor Vekselberg, one of the richest men in Russia, and his Russian-American cousin, Andrew Intrater. Oddly, neither Intrater nor Kukes had a history of giving political donations.

Little happened at the Trump Inauguration for which anybody would have had to be paid very much. There were few celebrities. Rachel Maddow of MSNBC had reported this oddity for a year or more. Where did all that money go?
[…]
What happened to the other $25 million paid to Ms. Wolkoff’s LLC remains a mystery.

That is the exact amount needed to pay the Trump University students forming the plaintiff class in Judge Curiel’s court.
[…]
Well, then, if my speculation is correct, the Russians again paid money to relieve Trump’s personal debt. What did the Russians get for it? Relief from sanctions, which Trump refused to impose even after a law of Congress required him to do so. That smells like a bribe to me. It is probably also taxable income to Trump.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Presidents* Trump & $$$$$$ bromance

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

What a difference a couple decades makes.

Americans: Release Nelson Mandela!
NRA: NOOOOoooo! South Africa will become a Russia-backed dictatorship!

Russia: We'd like to use you to help get our guy elected US President.
NRA: Okie Dokie!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump Lawyers Reveal He 'Dictated' Misleading Statement On Son's Russian Meeting

This is the Putin's Agent Orange team admitting illegal obstruction of justice by their Dear Leader, something that ovine Trumpettes have shrieked their denial of for over a year.

It also makes me wonder if the January letter from President* Trump's lawyers to Mueller wasn't just leaked by President* Trump's team since it includes the ridiculous claim that a POTUS can't obstruct justice. The timing seems more than coincidental.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:18 pm
Trump Lawyers Reveal He 'Dictated' Misleading Statement On Son's Russian Meeting

This is the Putin's Agent Orange team admitting illegal obstruction of justice by their Dear Leader, something that ovine Trumpettes have shrieked their denial of for over a year.

It also makes me wonder if the January letter from President* Trump's lawyers to Mueller wasn't just leaked by President* Trump's team since it includes the ridiculous claim that a POTUS can't obstruct justice. The timing seems more than coincidental.
I can't recall a single leak from Mueller's team and as Agent Orange's Whitehouse leaks like a sieve...yuh huh!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:22 pm
I can't recall a single leak from Mueller's team and as Agent Orange's Whitehouse leaks like a sieve...yuh huh!
True, though there's a first time for everything.
Possible that someone outside of Mueller's team and the Whitehouse had a copy?
If the Whitehouse, done to help or hurt President* Trump?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:18 pm

My bad, I guess the admission of the illegal obstruction of justice was in the January letter. So, likely deliberate that they were mentioned at the same time.
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:39 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:22 pm
True, though there's a first time for everything.
Possible that someone outside of Mueller's team and the Whitehouse had a copy?
If the Whitehouse, done to help or hurt President* Trump?
I guess DoJ also had access to the letter, not sure which offices in it.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

So, the idiot POSPOTUS thinks Russia should be invited back to the G6/7/8.
When, oh when, does the GOP rebel against this asshole?
Se Non Ora, Quando?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

They're not going to.
I saw the best comments about those who don't waver in their support of Trump no matter what - so true.
1. To them, Trump's destructive behaviour, rudeness, lack of experience and lack of competence are all features, not bugs.
2. They don't care if they end up living in a cardboard box roasting a sparrow on a coat hanger as long as the groups they hate don't have a sparrow.

The only cure is to vote out every Republican you can find.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:50 pm
Some will pretend to be independent of President* Trump between July and Nov., largely in dramatic but meaningless ways. Then, the survivors will bend over again for President* Trump and his Trumpettes.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:50 pm
Found:
6 is good number, not a prime number but a very good number
Macron turns on Trump after US president attacks EU and Canada: 'We don't mind being G6, if needs be’
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Found:
Remember in November. (D) is for Democracy, and (R) is for Russia.
1312. ETTD.