Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by O Really »

Yeah, that's one of the many things that's beyond the comprehension of Trump and Trumpinistas. He's been going on about the "hypocritical" Dems who wanted Comey's head over Hillary and now bemoan his firing. Any idiot should be able to see three really big differences: (1) it's easy to call for Comey's head when you're not in a position to do anything about it; (2) whether good or bad in dealing with the Hillary hunt, Comey didn't get fired over that; and (3) it wasn't Hillary (subject of the ummm, "investigation,") who wanted him fired before.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Trump comprehends that he's engaged in a coverup just fine, though he sure doesn't get how lousy he is at it. Trumpinistas don't try, even if they were capable, they just swallow and regurgitate whatever Trump says no matter how nonsensical it is.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

One article today referred to him as "Dead Man Lying." :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Stolen and paraphrased: President* Trump was so good on The Apprentice that when he said "You're fired" to Comey he also fired himself.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Here's the article - Dead Many Lying.
http://www.salon.com/2017/05/13/dead-man-lying/

Really good comparison of Trump and Nixon being squeezed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I envy younger folks a little. There are some things that I'm not nostalgic for.

Great essay, thanks.
Lucian K. Truscott IV, a graduate of West Point, has had a 50-year career as a journalist, novelist and screenwriter. He has covered stories such as Watergate, the Stonewall riots and wars in Lebanon, Iraq and Afghanistan. He is also the author of five bestselling novels and several unsuccessful motion pictures.

:lol:
He has three children, lives on the East End of Long Island and spends his time Worrying About the State of Our Nation and madly scribbling in a so-far fruitless attempt to Make Things Better. He can be followed on Facebook at The Rabbit Hole and on Twitter @LucianKTruscott.
Good blurb, enough to pique further looking. Interesting guy - Lucian Truscott IV. Still kicking ass at 70.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:Trump comprehends that he's engaged in a coverup just fine, though he sure doesn't get how lousy he is at it. Trumpinistas don't try, even if they were capable, they just swallow and regurgitate whatever Trump says no matter how nonsensical it is.
Mostly swallow. Without gagging.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Comey may get chance to publicly defend name against Trump

Not that I'm a Comey fan, but if it happens I predict that he will rip Trump to shreds and that the vast majority of the FBI and intelligence community will back him up. There is no inconsistency between disliking Comey and knowing that his firing now is part of a coverup.
Yeah, that's one of the many things that's beyond the comprehension of Trump and Trumpinistas. He's been going on about the "hypocritical" Dems who wanted Comey's head over Hillary and now bemoan his firing. Any idiot should be able to see three really big differences: (1) it's easy to call for Comey's head when you're not in a position to do anything about it; (2) whether good or bad in dealing with the Hillary hunt, Comey didn't get fired over that; and (3) it wasn't Hillary (subject of the ummm, "investigation,") who wanted him fired before.
Largely my thoughts, too:

CCR's Vince Warren is outraged over Comey firing
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Gotta love Creedence Clearwater Revival. "Fortunate Son" Trump dodged Vietnam, and now look what he's doing.

(Yeah, I know.)

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

rstrong wrote:
Gotta love Creedence Clearwater Revival. "Fortunate Son" Trump dodged Vietnam, and now look what he's doing.

(Yeah, I know.)
Remember what happens when the band plays Hail To The Chief.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:D

The Center for Constitutional Rights has updated some of Creedence Clearwater Revival's songs:

"Naked Sessions Waking Up: Bad Moon Rising"
"Stop and Frisk Down on the Corner"
"Trump's Fortunate Sons"
"Lookin' Out My Back Door at the Swat Team"
"Impeachment Never Comes"
"I Heard It Through the NSA Wiretap"

I sent our posts to the Center for Constitutional Rights, rstrong, maybe give them a smile.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Boatrocker wrote:Remember what happens when the band plays Hail To The Chief.
What?
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:Remember what happens when the band plays Hail To The Chief.
What?
Some folks are born made to wave the flag
Ooh, they're red, white and blue
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief"
Ooh, they point the cannon at you,

- Fortunate Son

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ah, thanks.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

“So it stands to reason that individuals who are ‘extremely careless’ with classified information should be denied further access to that type of information."
-- Speaker Ryan, July 7, 2016

Twitter Explodes Over Donald Trump's Russian #Blabbergate
What’s the problem? Trump didn’t reveal US intelligence to Russians via private email server and he didn’t cc Anthony Weiner.
Dear @realDonaldTrump: WaPo followed your advice & looked into the leaking of highly classified information. Turns out the leaker is you.
At this point 45 could raise the RUS flag over the WH & Repubs would say they were troubled, but he has the authority as POTUS #TrumpRussia
I'm so old I remember when the GOP was against the reckless handling of clasified info. #TrumpRussia #LockHimUp

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The Department of Justice (DOJ) appointment of a special prosecutor is a good thing, but one potential negative is that it may give the GOP the cover it needs to do nothing. Special prosecutors generally conduct their investigations in secret. We also deserve the public testimony that congressional investigations afford.
The petition to House Republicans reads:

“Your constituents deserve an impartial investigation into Donald Trump’s ties to Russia. Your party’s leaders are refusing to authorize one, but you should not help enable their political game playing. Sign on to the discharge petition demanding a vote on the Protecting Our Democracy Act.”
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

This investigation will be more than about Russian ties. Special prosecutors can take the investigation in any direction they want.

Consider Ken Starr's Whitewater investigation. When that didn't turn up any wrongdoing by the Clintons, it devolved into a fishing expedition. It eventually heard about Bill Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky, and ran with that.

Trump's pre-election business ties will be just as much under the microscope as the Clintons' were - though in Trump's case they're often in places like Russia, Kazakhstan and Turkey. Trump University too. Every failed business dealing - even without fraud - by Trump is on par with Whitewater.

And you can bet that the special prosecutor will have access to Trump's tax records.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

It's entirely possible that this could get ugly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Poetic justice that Ken Starr was forced to resign his position as Chancellor at Baylor University over a rape, sexual assault and coverup scandal.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:Poetic justice that Ken Starr was forced to resign his position as Chancellor at Baylor University over a rape, sexual assault and coverup scandal.

Did you see his statement from about a week before he lost the chancellor position?
The lying sack if shit offered an apology for his partisan assassination attempt of the Clinton presidency over sexual misconduct.
waaaa, waaaa, waaa
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”