Trump Nocare

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump Nocare

Unread post by Vrede too »

bannination wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:29 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:24 pm
Have you seen Mission ads?
I could have sworn I did.
Could be, it's got a pitch on its website. I haven't gotten any direct mail, it's not in the current MountainX and I haven't seen it on TV. But, I don't read print newspapers or listen to commercial radio.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I'm sure y'all saw off trump's left shoulder the rabid maga whooping idiot looking like the typical WV drug user bobbing his hat and chanting the trump cry.

Just watching him turned my stomach at little, but according to something my wife read (please let it be true) this moron is a medical doctor who had his license suspended for performing unnecessary procedures for Medicaid patients.

Stomach all good now.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Kentucky doctor gains internet fame after Huntington Trump rally

... Dr. Richard Paulus could be seen behind and to the right of Trump, wearing a black T-shirt and a red baseball cap that said “Make America Great Again.” He excitedly cheered for Trump, raising his fists in the air, high-fiving people sitting around him, and at times appearing to yell “We love you,” and “That is right,” in response to Trump’s comments during the rally at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena in Huntington....

Prior to attending the rally Thursday, Paulus was indicted on 11 counts of fraud in September 2015, with federal prosecutors stating he performed medically unnecessary heart procedures, including catheterization and inserting stents, on patients at King’s Daughters Medical Center in Ashland, Kentucky, between 2008 and 2013, according to the indictment filed in U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Kentucky. U.S. Attorney Kerry Harvey said Paulus would then bill Medicaid, Medicare and patients’ private insurers for the needless procedures.

In the indictment, Harvey said Paulus performed more cardiac stent placements for Medicare patients than were performed by all of the cardiologists at either the University of Kentucky or University of Louisville health care systems, making roughly $2.5 and $2.6 million annually in 2009, 2010 and 2011. In 2012, Paulus made $1.7 million, and he made $692,197 in 2013....

He retired from King’s Daughters effective July 31, 2013, according to the indictment. Paulus’ medical license has been inactive since 2014, according to Board of Medical Licensure records, and Paulus and the board entered into an agreed order of retirement, which was filed Nov. 7, 2014.

In October 2016, Paulus was convicted of needlessly performing the procedures and charging insurers, and Paulus sought acquittal shortly thereafter, with his attorney, Robert Bennett, arguing federal prosecutors failed to provide enough evidence in the case, according to the Ashland Daily Independent.

In March 2017, Paulus was acquitted of the charges, and his previously scheduled April 25 sentencing hearing was canceled.

The Independent also reported King’s Daughters Medical Center agreed to pay the government $40.9 million to settle claims, but hospital officials admitted no wrongdoing and agreed to internal reforms.
Likely hinky, but he was eventually acquitted.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump Administration To End Obama Era Rule Allowing Nursing Home Residents To Sue For Mistreatment

Donald Trump, who has used the legal system 4,095 times and counting to sue individuals and companies, wants to overturn an Obama era rule that protects nursing home residents and allows them recourse to sue for mistreatment....
:roll: :cussing:

Donald Trump: Three decades
4,095 lawsuits
(interactive tool)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:11 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:40 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:14 pm
This link to this BC/BS ad was at the top of the Yahoo! page, no doubt targeted to me because I'm in NC or even more specifically WNC, but still.

Know the Facts About Mission Health’s Decision to Leave Blue Cross NC’s Network

"threatened ... false.... just not true.... demanded even higher prices. Enough is enough.... confusing ... simply false.... it’s wrong ..."

Whoa.

Asheville Citizen-Times articles:

Mission may stop taking Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC

NC’s Blue Cross seeks 23 percent hike on individual policies

I have BC/BS ..., used to work for the Mission system and have seen but don't have a copy of its claims, and don't typically go to a Mission hospital. It would normally be automatic for me to side with the "nonprofit" provider over Big Insurance but Mission is so dominant in WNC as to have achieved a near monopoly. So, I don't know, but this will be a HUGE deal here.

Single payer, dammit!
I suspect there's a lot of posturing going on. Reminds me of when the TV stations and the cable services trash each other and whine to viewers: "oh, the evil (TV station/cable service), they're just so unreasonable they may keep you from watching our wonderful programming..."
Could be, though I first heard about this well over a month ago and the BC/BS ad surprised me. They do have until October, maybe the adults need to return from summer recess.
Blue Cross, Mission not talking; turmoil for patients ahead?

17 days. Pretty tight if it is still a game of 'chicken', and I'm sure that many people, businesses and organizations have already put alternate plans into effect. One downside of Mission having swallowed up so many hospitals is that many have no alternative. We've got Pardee and Park Ridge here, but tens of thousands or more have very long drives to non-Mission hospitals and physician practices.
1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Blue Cross has sent a teaser about the hub's 2018 changes, to bring his policy into compliance with the ACA.
Ka-Ching ka-ching.

Me: So what is this enhanced flu vaccine.
Pharmacist: It's 40% stronger.
Me: So why doesn't everybody get it?
Pharmacist: It costs twice as much. We can't give it unless you're over 65.

Tell me the insurance companies aren't behind that age restriction. Go ahead. Tell me.

ETA. Yes, we have Pardee. But Pardee sends the heart cases to Mission. What now?
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:02 pm
ETA. Yes, we have Pardee. But Pardee sends the heart cases to Mission. What now?
Not positive, but I think that a heart patient or family could demand to be sent to Greenville, instead.
1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:25 pm
k9nanny wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:02 pm
Not positive, but I think that a heart patient or family could demand to be sent to Greenville, instead.
I'll remember that if k9daddy gets into trouble.
"Demand" is putting it mildly.
I despise BCBS, and I'm really pissed at Mission, because they have been the standard for WNC. What next? No Medicare patients? No Medicaid?
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:07 pm
I'll remember that if k9daddy gets into trouble.
"Demand" is putting it mildly....
WLOS: If an event is emergent, BC/BS will still cover it fully.
Me: This would apply to the immediate need for a heart cath but not, say, to a direct admit to the Heart Tower for observation.
WLOS: Mission will work with patients on discounts.
Me: Whatever that means.

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Republican senator Chuck Grassley (he’s the one who’s an old white man) is refreshingly honest about the latest Republican healthcare removal plan. He admits that it's just BS:
You know, I could maybe give you 10 reasons why this bill shouldn’t be considered. But Republicans campaigned on this so often that you have a responsibility to carry out what you said in the campaign. That’s pretty much as much of a reason as the substance of the bill.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Saw the healthcare bill called "Repeal and go fuck yourself"
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

The ACA repeal will apply to all states except Alaska. Republicans are trying to convince Alaska's senator who has steadfastly voted "No" on all repeal efforts to vote Yes under the condition Alaska gets to keep ACA provisions.

"Hey Alaska, if you vote Yes to a repeal, everything will remain the same for you as if you've voted No, only you'll potentially screw many others in the process."

Given the Republican penchant for their daily communion of human misery and suffering (something to do with Christianity bleeding over and mixing with the devotion to all things money, and the invisible hand of their lord guiding the holy market, I think), seems like a win-win.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

John may have had a talk with his conscience as his end looms near.

I sent him a thank you email. I hope he sticks it out for the millions that would have been denied basic health care.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:20 pm

I sent him a thank you email. I hope he sticks it out for the millions that would have been denied basic health care.
I'll email him, too.
I was watching the Ken Burns Vietnam documentary and there was film from when McCain was captured. I was thinking...and this is a guy Trump thinks he can intimidate? As if.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:43 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:20 pm

I'll email him, too.
I was watching the Ken Burns Vietnam documentary and there was film from when McCain was captured. I was thinking...and this is a guy Trump thinks he can intimidate? As if.
It's really hard to imagine people who hate others for having less than they have.

But here they are full force in the good ol' USA

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:28 am
It's really hard to imagine people who hate others for having less than they have.

But here they are full force in the good ol' USA
The 'haves' have the motive and money to propagandize the gullible into doing so.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2 ... 0-annually

"The Graham-Cassidy bill—what we’re calling ‘The Undertaker Full Employment Act’—would cut health coverage by 14 million Americans in 2020, rising to at least 32 million in 2027,” said Dr. Woolhandler, an internist in the South Bronx, Distinguished Professor of Public Health at the City University of New York at Hunter College (CUNY) and lecturer in medicine at Harvard. “That means 18,200 extra deaths in the first year, climbing to 41,600 annually within a decade.”

The study concludes that for every 769 people who lose health coverage, one person will suffer preventable death."

41,600 dead per year and we justify and accept that we can't do anything about our friends and family dying for lack of care.

3,000 dead after bush refused to be interested in bin Laden and somehow we found acceptance and justification for more than a trillion dollars to kill people.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

https://theintercept.com/2017/10/02/las ... alth-care/

GoFundMe set up for victims of the shooting.

It's something you don't really think about when these types of things happen, but a lot of the people seriously injured are probably gonna screwed financially. It's really sad.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The petition to Congress reads:

"Immediately renew the Children’s Health Insurance Program and refuse to trade CHIP for deep cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, the Affordable Care Act or any other part of our social safety net."
1312. ETTD.