Trump Nocare

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump Nocare

Unread post by Vrede too »

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Death panels become an actual reality.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:37 pm
Death panels become an actual reality.
We should have known with a panel (coven) of 13 GOP men.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol: :cry: :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

When the ACA was in the works, Obama had a 90 something minute Q&A session with Congress.

When can we expect Trump to do the same for the bill he wants passed?
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:49 am
When the ACA was in the works, Obama had a 90 something minute Q&A session with Congress.

When can we expect Trump to do the same for the bill he wants passed?
Don't hold your breath.
On Senate Health Bill, Trump Falters in the Closer’s Role

... When asked by reporters clustered on the blacktop outside the West Wing if Mr. Trump had command of the details of the negotiations, Mr. McConnell ignored the question and smiled blandly....
We can we expect whining when he's called out on his ignorance, though.

Trump fumes after NYT report suggests he didn’t know ‘basic elements’ of Senate health care bill
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

The Intercept: Republican Lawmakers Buy Health Insurance Stocks as Repeal Effort Moves Forward
An account owned by Conaway’s wife made two purchases of UnitedHealth stock, worth as much as $30,000, on March 24th, the day the legislation advanced in the House Rules Committee...
[...]
It was a savvy move. Health industry stocks, including insurance giants like UnitedHealth, have surged as Republicans move forward with their repeal effort, which rolls back broad taxes on health care firms while loosening consumer regulations which prevent insurance companies from denying coverage for medical treatment. UnitedHealth has gained nearly 7 percent in value since March 24.

He wasn’t the only one. As the health care system overhaul advanced last month on the other side of Capitol Hill, Republican Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma purchased between $50,000 to $100,000 in UnitedHealth stock.
I'm sure it was a coinci.....
Conaway, who serves as a GOP deputy whip in the House, has a long record of investing in firms that coincide with his official duties. Politico reported that Conaway’s wife purchased stock in a nuclear firm just after Conaway sponsored a bill to deal with nuclear waste storage in his district. The firm stood to directly benefit from the legislation.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I've been enjoying 56 year old Tom Tomorrow (Dan Perkins) for 26 years. I'll be sad if he ever retires.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Yep, he's ready for a 90 minute Q&A.

"During a discussion about the Senate Republican's so-called healthcare bill and its impact on people with pre-existing conditions, Trump said:
"So pre-existing conditions are a tough deal. Because you are basically saying from the moment the insurance, you're 21 years old, you start working and you're paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you're 70, you get a nice plan."
And this wasn't an anomaly - in May, two months ago, he told a reporter for the international magazine The Economist:
"Insurance is, you're 20 years old, you just graduated from college, and you start paying $15 a month for the rest of your life and by the time you're 70, and you really need it, you're still paying the same amount and that's really insurance."
Is it just me, or does Trump not understand how health insurance works?"

-Thom Hartmann
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

This link to this BC/BS ad was at the top of the Yahoo! page, no doubt targeted to me because I'm in NC or even more specifically WNC, but still.

Know the Facts About Mission Health’s Decision to Leave Blue Cross NC’s Network

"threatened ... false.... just not true.... demanded even higher prices. Enough is enough.... confusing ... simply false.... it’s wrong ..."

Whoa.

Asheville Citizen-Times articles:

Mission may stop taking Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC

NC’s Blue Cross seeks 23 percent hike on individual policies

I have BC/BS at exorbitant cost, used to work for the Mission system and have seen but don't have a copy of its claims, and don't typically go to a Mission hospital. It would normally be automatic for me to side with the "nonprofit" provider over Big Insurance but Mission is so dominant in WNC as to have achieved a near monopoly. So, I don't know, but this will be a HUGE deal here.

Single payer, dammit!
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I suspect there's a lot of posturing going on. Reminds me of when the TV stations and the cable services trash each other and whine to viewers: "oh, the evil (TV station/cable service), they're just so unreasonable they may keep you from watching our wonderful programming..."

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:26 pm
[...SenateTrumpcare.png...]
SSDD. Seems I remember the masses getting their droppings in a wad over Obamacare when it was first announced. Sad part is, who knows what to believe? The 'pubs are pushing their Trumped plan all the while grinning like a shit-eating dog, while the libs/Dems are running around screeching® doom and gloom claiming it's all lies and deceit. Like I said, SSDD. But that's politics, and that's all health care is today; a political football with John Q. Public being the losing team.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

:sunny:
Last edited by homerfobe on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Blue Cross is whining, huh. Never mind how much they refuse to cover. My husband had an echo two years ago, and another recently. BC refused to cover either. The same thing happened to a friend- do they have a thing about abdominal echoes on men?
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:40 pm
I suspect there's a lot of posturing going on. Reminds me of when the TV stations and the cable services trash each other and whine to viewers: "oh, the evil (TV station/cable service), they're just so unreasonable they may keep you from watching our wonderful programming..."
Could be, though I first heard about this well over a month ago and the BC/BS ad surprised me. They do have until October, maybe the adults need to return from summer recess.
k9nanny wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:05 pm
Blue Cross is whining, huh. Never mind how much they refuse to cover. My husband had an echo two years ago, and another recently. BC refused to cover either. The same thing happened to a friend- do they have a thing about abdominal echoes on men?
Weird, we ordered gall bladder ultrasounds frequently. Probably not an ovarian cyst, though, not that I make any assumptions or judgements. ;) BC/BS has a near monopoly in NC, and do have the ACA monopoly.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:11 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:40 pm
Could be, though I first heard about this well over a month ago and the BC/BS ad surprised me. They do have until October, maybe the adults need to return from summer recess.
k9nanny wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:05 pm
Weird, we ordered gall bladder ultrasounds frequently. Probably not an ovarian cyst, though, not that I make any assumptions or judgements. ;) BC/BS has a near monopoly in NC, and do have the ACA monopoly.
bcbs is a cut throat money machine in all its shapes. They have been almost the only choice in Florida for years before the aca. Through whatever means necessary they will screw you, or maybe it's just coincidence that they have fucked me over so many times.

The biggest difference I found with the aca, is that before aca I was able to appeal to the state insurance commission (and won every time), but after aca all appeals to the insurance commission end with statement from bcbs that the aca told them to screw me and the insurance commission accepts this while rejecting my request that they contact the aca for confirmation that the aca does not and can not do what bcbs claims - insurance commission says they are state agency and cannot contact feds.

I understand that this is Florida and bcbs's fault, not the aca, but this is proof the this heritage society plan pushed in left-handed manner by Obama doesn't work.

That said, the aca is still better than being unconstitutionally confined to the state of Florida for a bs preexisting condition for me and for all Americans trapped in jobs their body can no longer handle, or those ready to retire at 50, but who can't afford to lose the family health insurance and for all those denied health care through no fault of their own.

And all the while, right in front of us, we see Medicare working - even with all the republican posion pills.

Single payer is the only real solution; to consider anything else is bullshit.
Obama could have sold it. For some reason he didn't try.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

OK. Am I missing something here? A motion to proceed doesn't pass anything. Does it?
Wasn't this a vote on a blank sheet of paper, to be filled in whenever?
Good luck with that. The Republican wing nuts and the Republican moderates ain't never going to agree. Throw Democrats into the mix, and I'll wager we're no closer to repeal/replace than we were.

The chest thumping seems a bit gratuitous, as does the gnashing of teeth on the other side.
Se Non Ora, Quando?