Another Trump Cartoon

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Another Trump Cartoon

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:46 pm
Per Snopes...

"This message is genuine. It was posted by Paul on 23 June 2016, and remains on his timeline. However, the words in the tweet are not Paul’s; they are a quote from Judge Andrew Napolitano, Fox News judicial analyst and author. His Twitter handle, @Judgenap, appears at the beginning of the tweet to show that Paul is quoting Napolitano, who at the time was speaking at a lecture series Paul organized.

Paul posted several tweets promoting Napolitano’s appearance at the lecture series, as well as a few others that quoted his speech:"

The good judge was roger's mouth. He received specific instructions every morning

The tweets taken in context are less damning, but that's the thing about tweets - they soon become single tweets passed to millions - only slightly more informative than a bumper sticker, but just as, or more inflammatory
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Here's the link:

Rand Paul Tweeted That Purpose of Second Amendment Is to Shoot at Tyrannical Government?
A genuine tweet posted by the Kentucky senator was circulated out of context after lawmaker Steve Scalise was shot in Virginia.

The supposed "out of context" refers to the fact that Paul posted several Napolitano quotes at the same time in promoting Napolitano’s appearance at a lecture series, not that Napolitano was quoted out of context. Regardless, I agree with O Really that Paul is complicit and it doesn't spoil my milk that Paul is getting the blame.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

BMW/M
Red Shirt

Unread post by BMW/M »

BMW/M
Red Shirt

Unread post by BMW/M »

BMW/M
Red Shirt

Unread post by BMW/M »

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Yo, Bimmer - I appreciate and enjoy your cartoon postings. Might enjoy them more with some of your original comments about them.

BTW, do you really have or ever had an M model?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

BMW/M
Red Shirt

Unread post by BMW/M »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:03 pm
Yo, Bimmer - I appreciate and enjoy your cartoon postings. Might enjoy them more with some of your original comments about them.

BTW, do you really have or ever had an M model?
E46 red coupe, 6-spd

WTF is a GOP Obamacare bill? Its called TrumpCare!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

BMW/M wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:13 pm

E46 red coupe, 6-spd

Sweet.
I drover Bimmers for several years way back in the day. Had a couple of 2002's, a 3.0CS, and the last one was a black all over 30Si.

"The 320is model (USA only) was released in 1980 using a 1.8 litre version of the M10.[10] The "S Package" featured Recaro sport seats, upgraded suspension components that included a rear anti-roll bar and a larger front anti-roll bar, a 5-speed transmission and limited-slip differential, cross-spoke alloy wheels, a larger and more extensive tool kit, a dual operation manual sunroof, an AM/FM Blaupunkt radio with cassette player, fog lights, a 3-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel and leather shift knob, a front air dam, a "delete" of the alphanumeric 320i markers on the rear trunk lid and a limited color palate of white, silver or black. Just 2,500 320is's were produced."

For some reason that probably seemed to make sense at the time, I traded it for a Mazda MX-6 GT, which was really fun to drive for the couple of months I owned it before being t-boned by an overly large lady with her eye on the Golden Corral trough dining center and not on the traffic around her. Driving while distracted.

"GT included all options from the LX, but also stepped up to the F2T 2.2 L turbocharged, intercooled engine, which put out 145 hp (108 kW) and 190 lb·ft (258 N·m) of torque delivering a significant performance boost. It also had four-wheel disc brakes with ABS as optional, and three-way electronically adjustable suspension, dubbed AAS."

BMW/M
Red Shirt

Unread post by BMW/M »

Today's 230 with a manual tranny is most similar to your 320. It's a pure beemer but rarely ordered with the 6spd. 248hp is plenty for this little car.

BMW/M
Red Shirt

Unread post by BMW/M »

Who makes fake Time magazine covers?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

BMW/M wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:39 pm
Context, in case anyone missed it:

Trump resorts have a fake Time cover on the walls, featuring guess who?

1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Sad. So sad.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's ironic that the 2009 fake Time cover includes 3 major Dolt .45 failures - healthcare inaction, unleashing the banks again and AGW denial. All that's missing is a Russia headline.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:53 pm
BMW/M wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:39 pm
Context, in case anyone missed it:

Trump resorts have a fake Time cover on the walls, featuring guess who?

Supposedly, someone tracked down the barcode on the cover, and discovered it's the same barcode used a photo shop tutorial that teaches beginners how to add their face to Time. Hah. I'll find the link.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:37 pm
Supposedly, someone tracked down the barcode on the cover, and discovered it's the same barcode used a photo shop tutorial that teaches beginners how to add their face to Time. Hah. I'll find the link.
Here you go:
The Bar Code on Donald Trump’s Fake Time Cover Goes to Karaoke Software, Bootleg Kraftwerk Vinyl

... It’s not even a particularly good mockup: The red border around the edge is too thin, the headlines are in the wrong place, and the Time logo is printed right over Trump’s forehead, instead of peeking out behind the crest of his hair. Also, that week’s real Time cover star was Kate Winslet.

But at first glance, Trump’s fake magazine cover looks real, in part because it has a bar code number: 125002741350. A search for that number on UPC databases like Scandit, Barcode Spider, and UPC Database turn up nothing. But as one reader alerted the Post’s David Fahrenthold, there’s at least one hit for the Trump Time UPC, and it’s a piece of software for karaoke DJs....

UPC 125002741350 has turned up on a handful of other products too, or at least their online listings. There’s a bootleg Kraftwerk live LP ($19 on Discogs), a forgotten music CD (four copies allegedly available on Amazon), and a tub of Jamaican brand coconut cookies. Where did the person who created Trump’s fake Time cover come across the number 125002741350, assuming they weren’t looking at a rare, unofficial Kraftwerk pressing? Well, the bar code was provided gratis in a Photoshop tutorial blog post from 2010:
This 2010 Photoshop tutorial, showing how to fake a Time cover, includes a sample barcode. Same code on Trump's fake

It’s TIME…for another Photoshop tutorial
For its part, Time has chimed in with a helpful, nonpartisan guide to “How To Spot a Fake TIME Cover.” Touché, Time.
Gaudy, narcissistic, shoddy and cheap in all things, including the presidency.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Low class grafter.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

BMW/M
Red Shirt

Unread post by BMW/M »

Donny Deutsch calls out Trump as a disgusting pig on the air. Finally...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... ok_at.html

Deutsch then challenges Trump to a schoolyard fight. When Trump goes low, Donny goes lower.

Deutsch Challenges Trump to Fight in the Schoolyard, ‘Morning Joe’ Hosts Tell Him to Shut Up

http://freebeacon.com/politics/deutsch- ... -joe-shut/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

BMW/M wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:30 pm
... Deutsch then challenges Trump to a schoolyard fight. When Trump goes low, Donny goes lower....
Deutsch & Trump, they sure make 'em classy at The Wharton School at Penn.

1312. ETTD.

BMW/M
Red Shirt

Unread post by BMW/M »

Today The Orangeman tweets:
  • Crazy Joe Scarborough and dumb as a rock Mika are not bad people, but their low rated show is dominated by their NBC bosses. Too bad!
Will this child ever grow up?