Another Trump Cartoon

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
BMW/M
Red Shirt

Re: Another Trump Cartoon

Unread post by BMW/M »

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

For added irony: Hillary Clinton received 75 percent of the vote in Pittsburgh.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

And, it's not as carbon dependent as it was 30 years ago. That boy just ain't right.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:54 am
And, it's not as carbon dependent as it was 30 years ago. That boy just ain't right.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

BMW/M
Red Shirt

Unread post by BMW/M »

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Franklin D. Roosevelt/Quotes
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.

Harry S. Truman/Quotes
It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.

Dwight D. Eisenhower/Quotes
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership.

John F. Kennedy/Quotes
And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you -- ask what you can do for your country.
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future

Lyndon B. Johnson/Quotes
The noblest search is the search for excellence.
Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.

Richard Nixon/Quotes
Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
I am not a crook.

Gerald Ford/Quotes
Truth is the glue that holds government together.
My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over. Our constitution works.

Jimmy Carter/Quotes
America did not invent human rights. In a very real sense human rights invented America.
We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children.
We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams.

Ronald Reagan/Quotes
Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Tear down this wall!

George H. W. Bush/Quotes
I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them.
I'm conservative, but I'm not a nut about it.

Bill Clinton/Quotes
There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.
Sometimes when people are under stress, they hate to think, and it's the time when they most need to think.

George W. Bush/Quotes
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.
I'm the decider.

Barack Obama/Quotes
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress.
The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on.

Donald Trump
That's right, we need a TRAVEL BAN for certain DANGEROUS countries, not some politically correct term that won't help us protect our people!
Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his "no reason to be alarmed" statement. MSM is working hard to sell it!
Despite the constant negative press covfefe

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yeah, but Trump the Cartoon will top them all with, "I resign," even Nixon.
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Blue Ridge Debate
I stand for nothing. -President of the United States Donald Trump

Latest Trump Tweet:
That's right, we need a TRAVEL BAN for certain DANGEROUS countries, not some politically correct term that won't help us protect our people!
(Liked by 43031 idiots.)
Tweets today: 6
Days in: 137 Days left: 1324
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:48 pm
Yes, that would be a quote for the ages. But I think there's some chance that he'll have to be removed from the White House by cops or secret service. Even if he's impeached/removed or forced to "resign" he may not do it. I don't find it at all beyond imagination that he would hole up in the Oval Office and keep tweeting about how unfairly he's being treated until they chunk in a can of tear gas and haul him out bagged and hogtied.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:07 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:48 pm
Yes, that would be a quote for the ages. But I think there's some chance that he'll have to be removed from the White House by cops or secret service. Even if he's impeached/removed or forced to "resign" he may not do it. I don't find it at all beyond imagination that he would hole up in the Oval Office and keep tweeting about how unfairly he's being treated until they chunk in a can of tear gas and haul him out bagged and hogtied.

Some disgruntled people do serious damage, or even set fire to the house when they are evicted.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:49 am
Some disgruntled people do serious damage, or even set fire to the house when they are evicted.
The ruling junta in Argentina saw that they were going to be overthrown. So they launched a war against Britain to get the people to rally around them. As the Soviet Union collapsed there was a lot of fear that they'd do much the same.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

We really screwed up this time, call Gruntler O Really. :D

A joke, but as an employment lawyer, O Really, how would you advise the employer, the American people, to deal with the unstable and destructive employee, Trump the Cartoon?

As an RN it would be a series of escalating steps - remove potentially dangerous objects, distraction, talk therapy, physical isolation, voluntary meds, 4-point restraints, forced meds, call the cops, full confinement in a padded cell.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:24 am
As an RN it would be a series of escalating steps - remove potentially dangerous objects, distraction, talk therapy, physical isolation, voluntary meds, 4-point restraints, forced meds, call the cops, full confinement in a padded cell.
There's also the US military method, as practiced on Manuel Noriega when he was holed up inside the Vatican embassy. It worked after only ten days. Someone could set up focused sound speakers and broadcast episodes of The View at the Oval Office and Maralago.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:D :clap: Or mariachi music.

What would a typically Canadian and/or IT strategy be?
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Invite 45,000 Syrian refugees to live next door. :D

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol: :lol: :lol: :!: :!: :!: :clap: :clap: :clap:

billy.pilgrim, what would a uniquely Floridian solution be? Anyone else from your locales or fields of expertise?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:24 am

A joke, but as an employment lawyer, O Really, how would you advise the employer, the American people, to deal with the unstable and destructive employee, Trump the Cartoon?
Well, there are two issues - the first is his employment status. We'd have to consider him to have an employment contract, so we'd need to see what in the contract allows us to get rid of him and at what cost. Some contracts have "morals" provisions; some anti-conflict provisions; some a longer list of things that could be considered "for cause." Our current problem child appears to be in clear violation of pretty much everything you could have thought of to put into the contract. So the contract sets forth an impeach/remove process as well as a Part 25 "inability to perform" clause. This clown considers himself a "great negotiator" so I'd give him what looks like a chance to "negotiate" the terms of his departure. His choices would be something like this: resign and go peaceably or be fired, ridiculed by all, and considered the world's biggest loser with a capital "L". If and when he physically refused to leave, he'd be just a common citizen committing trespass, so I'd tempt him into the hallway with a well-done steak and have the Secret Service shoot him with a tranq gun, haul him down to jail and charge him with anything I could think of.