Killing Bill O'Reilly

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
BMW/M
Red Shirt

Killing Bill O'Reilly

Unread post by BMW/M »

Fox sells a product that a lot of people crave: hate. The script will remain unchanged. A new hatemonger will soon replace him...

O’Reilly out at Fox News

Fox News host Bill O’Reilly will not return to the network, 21st Century Fox announced Wednesday.

"After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,” the network said in a statement.

Reports emerged this week that 21st Century Fox was leaning toward ousting O’Reilly in the wake of sexual harassment allegations.

New York Magazine’s Gabriel Sherman reported hours earlier that Fox News had decided to oust O’Reilly and execs were in talks about how to end the relationship “without causing collateral damage to the network.”

http://thehill.com/media/329541-oreilly-out-at-fox-news

Thank you NY Times...

O Really
Admiral

Re: Killing Bill O'Reilly

Unread post by O Really »

I love the part where they say, "Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed..." :lol:

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

I just want to watch the wingnut reaction. I honestly don't know how they're going to react.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"I just want to watch the wingnut reaction. I honestly don't know how they're going to react."
Since I'm your pet wingnut here, here is my whine: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Damn liberal media!
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:I just want to watch the wingnut reaction. I honestly don't know how they're going to react.
Mixed.

Bill O’Reilly Fans Rally Amid Fox News Exit Reports: ‘He Has to Fight’

However:
... Despite the support, a recent survey by The Morning Consult found that O’Reilly’s favorability has been slipping even among his fanbase. 58% of “O’Reilly Factor” viewers surveyed think Fox should keep the show, and 23% think it should be cancelled. However last week, 65% thought they should keep the show and 19% thought it should be cancelled....
Vrede too wrote:Damn liberal media!
“Fox News is bowing to liberal pressure to remove Bill O’Reilly.”
"@FoxNews caved to the dirty progressives and SJWs who are never going to watch their network anyway and fired Bill O'Reilly. Morons."
"Fox news [sic] bowing to liberal pressured [sic] to remove Bill O'Reilly. Everyone who has enjoyed Bill needs to tweet @FoxNews and support Bill."
Crybaby morons. Faux Noise doesn't care what liberals think of it.
1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Nope. He's not being let go for moral reasons; it's all about the money.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:... it's all about the money.
Bill O'Reilly Paid $25 Million in Fox News Exit Deal

Almost twice as much as his victims got - Faux Noise values.

Anyhow, just one of many groups:
Fox News just fired sexual predator Bill O’Reilly!

Fox News just fired sexual predator Bill O’Reilly!

O’Reilly is now the second major Fox News employee UltraViolet members have forced out, following serial harasser and former CEO Roger Ailes. UltraViolet members proved once again there must be a cost to sexual harassment.

Since Andrea Tantaros came forward in August 2016 about being harassed by O’Reilly, UltraViolet members have been calling for O’Reilly to be fired. When the New York Times report made it clear many more women had been silenced, we ramped up our campaign and joined powerful allies at Color of Change and Media Matters--and won.

Here is what UltraViolet members did to make this happen:

* Dozens of UltraViolet, Color of Change, and NOW NYC members and NYC Public Advocate Letitia James rallied around sexual assault survivors who powerfully told their stories and demanded Fox fire O’Reilly. News reports credit this protest as one of the key reasons Fox finally decided to fire O'Reilly.

* In addition to the protest, UltraVIolet commissioned a plane to fly around Manhattan with a banner reading “FOX: #DROPOREILLY, THE SEXUAL PREDATOR.”

* Over 500 survivors of sexual assault signed onto an UltraViolet letter to 21st Century Fox CEO James Murdoch demanding accountability for sexual harassment and assault at Fox News urging Murdoch to fire Bill O’Reilly.

* Almost 80,000 UltraViolet members signed a petition calling on Fox to fire O’Reilly

* Over 60,000 UltraViolet members along with our allies at Color of Change and Media Matters pressured over 70 advertisers to drop The O’Reilly Factor, which put a lot of pressure on network executives to fire Bill.

* UltraViolet released an online video ad targeting members of the board of 21st Century Fox ahead of their board meeting to decide the fate of Bill O’Reilly. The video documents stories of women sexually-harassed by Bill O’Reilly.

* UltraViolet also ran online ads asking Fox News employees, “Have You Been Sexually Harassed by Bill?"

* Since August of last year, thousands of UltraViolet members have flooded Fox offices with phone calls to fire O’Reilly

* In July 2016, immediately after former Fox News host Gretchen Carlson sued media giant and known sexual predator Roger Ailes, 37,000 UltraViolet members took action and helped oust Ailes--turning the tide against Bill O'Reilly and other predators at Fox News.

Ousting Ailes and O’Reilly are big wins against sexual predators, but the problem at Fox is even bigger. Fox executives have enabled a culture of harassment for decades and we will keep the pressure on until they do a complete investigation, all the enablers are fired, and they fix their disgusting work culture....
Some people, deplorable misogynists themselves, disparage the proud American tradition of peaceful protest. Losers!

Check.
1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

If not for the loss of ad revenue, I don't think he would have been fired. The sponsors might have paid attention to protesters, the sponsors might have withdrawn for reasons of morality, but Fox doesn't give a crap. After all, their viewers are the idiots who voted for the immoral president.

https://mic.com/articles/174709/fox-new ... #.672BeI3J
"Fox News is off my viewing list," one commenter, Michal Brendsel, wrote. "I will only watch Hannity until you decide to give in to the liberals and find a way to take him off too. Oh and advertisers — won't be buying your stuff again."
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Read the other posts :lol: . Sesame Street has offered to fill the slot with its writing English lessons.

Full Frontal‏ Verified account
@FullFrontalSamB

Fixed.

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

O'Reilly says, ""But I can tell you that I'm very confident the truth will come out, and when it does, I don't know if you're going to be surprised - but I think you're going to be shaken, as I am. There's a lot of stuff involved here," he said.

So, Bill - exactly what is this "truth" and when might be a good time for it to come out? Might have been a good idea before you got tossed out on your ear. Would you be saying nobody in the network (that really would have liked to keep you, and did keep you for years while settling complaints), nobody in the law firm that gets paid a gazillion dollars to be good at their job, nobody who was ever involved could find this "truth" in time to save your ass?
Is the "truth" going to be that Obama somehow negotiated a deal with Fox to set you up and that Bill Clinton had some leftover bimbos to make claims against you?

I'll tell you when the "truth" will come out - right after OJ finds the "real killer," and Trump releases his tax returns.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

O Really wrote:O'Reilly says, ""But I can tell you that I'm very confident the truth will come out, and when it does, I don't know if you're going to be surprised - but I think you're going to be shaken, as I am. There's a lot of stuff involved here," he said.

So, Bill - exactly what is this "truth" and when might be a good time for it to come out? Might have been a good idea before you got tossed out on your ear. Would you be saying nobody in the network (that really would have liked to keep you, and did keep you for years while settling complaints), nobody in the law firm that gets paid a gazillion dollars to be good at their job, nobody who was ever involved could find this "truth" in time to save your ass?
Is the "truth" going to be that Obama somehow negotiated a deal with Fox to set you up and that Bill Clinton had some leftover bimbos to make claims against you?

I'll tell you when the "truth" will come out - right after OJ finds the "real killer," and Trump releases his tax returns.
Or gives us the details on the fake birth certificate of Barrack Obama.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.