Ivanka Booed in Germany

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
BMW/M
Red Shirt

Ivanka Booed in Germany

Unread post by BMW/M »

Only the brain-dead Deplorables think she's contributing anything meaningful to our government.

Ivanka Trump gets booed, hissed at during Berlin event

The first daughter was put on the spot during her first trip abroad as a representative of America.

BERLIN — Ivanka Trump arrived in Berlin on Tuesday morning armed with facts and figures to recite at what was expected to be a highbrow international summit to discuss women's entrepreneurship, alongside German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

But on her first trip abroad as an official representative of the United States, the first daughter was put on the spot about her father's attitudes toward women, booed and hissed at by the crowd, and grilled by the moderator about what, exactly, her role is in President Donald Trump’s administration.

“You’re the first daughter of the United States, and you’re also an assistant to the president,” said the moderator, WirtschaftsWoche editor-in-chief Miriam Meckel. “The German audience is not that familiar with the concept of a first daughter. I’d like to ask you, what is your role, and who are you representing, your father as president of the United States, the American people, or your business?”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/2 ... lin-237569

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Ivanka Booed in Germany

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

She looked like paris kardashian standing on stage with intellectual giants.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

My guess is incest.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

She's supposedly a moderating influence. Cripes, how much worse could things be?
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Bill O’Reilly Lost His Job, But Fox Promoted His Racist Protege
Jesse Watters will now regularly be in primetime.

... although O’Reilly lost his primetime perch, the network promoted his protege, Jesse Watters, who will now have a permanent spot on another primetime show, “The Five.”

These days, Watters is best known for producing perhaps the most racist segment on cable news in recent memory. He went to New York City’s Chinatown and mockingly interviewed residents there, many of whom couldn’t speak English well. He peppered the segment with every Asian stereotype in the book....
Fox News Thinks Its Flagrant Racism Against Asians Is Just ‘Good Fun’
Jesse Watters went to Chinatown and asked, “Do you know karate?”
Fox’s Jesse Watters sparks controversy with suggestive Ivanka Trump remark

Less than a week after Bill O’Reilly was ousted from Fox News amid mounting sexual harassment allegations, his former protégé is facing a backlash over an on-air remark about Ivanka Trump.

During a discussion on Fox’s “The Five” about Trump’s participation in a women’s empowerment panel Tuesday, Jesse Watters criticized the crowd for booing and hissing the first daughter when she described her father as a “champion” for women and families.

“Yeah, it’s funny, the left says they’ll really respect women and then when given an opportunity to respect a woman like that they boo and hiss,” Watters said. “So I don’t really get what’s going on here, but, uh, I really like the way she was speaking into that microphone.”

Online, many viewed the comment as crude.
Heckuva culture change
A microphone is just a microphone, unless you're a bro from 20th Century Fox. (Is he Beavis or Butthead?)
But Watters insisted he was referring to her voice....
So, either he's a crude sexist or Faux Noise has a featured commentator that's so stupid and inarticulate that he comes across as one.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Can't say I'm too surprised about it.

That's exactly the kind of stuff that fox news viewers appreciate.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

bannination wrote:Can't say I'm too surprised about it.

That's exactly the kind of stuff that fox news viewers appreciate.
Speaks right to the lowest common denominator brow.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.