flynn, trump prince and all things russian

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

flynn, trump prince and all things russian

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

http://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/05/18 ... and-trump/

Flynn’s Job Was to Set Up Back Channel Access Between Putin and Trump

Donald Trump isn’t known for being loyal to people who make him look bad. So the question all this raises is, “Why did the president go to such lengths to both hire and protect a man like Flynn?” Another bombshell from Reuters this morning might give us at least a clue about that.
Michael Flynn and other advisers to Donald Trump’s campaign were in contact with Russian officials and others with Kremlin ties in at least 18 calls and emails during the last seven months of the 2016 presidential race, current and former U.S. officials familiar with the exchanges told Reuters…

Six of the previously undisclosed contacts described to Reuters were phone calls between Sergei Kislyak, Russia’s ambassador to the United States, and Trump advisers, including Flynn, Trump’s first national security adviser, three current and former officials said.
Conversations between Flynn and Kislyak accelerated after the Nov. 8 vote as the two discussed establishing a back channel for communication between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin that could bypass the U.S. national security bureaucracy, which both sides considered hostile to improved relations, four current U.S. officials said.

The conversations between Flynn and Kislyak were therefore about more than lifting the sanctions on Russia. They were about setting up a back channel of communication between Trump and Putin “that could bypass the U.S. national security bureaucracy.”

In case that sounds familiar, a couple of months ago the Washington Post reported that Erik Prince, founder of Blackwater and brother of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, held a secret meeting in the Seychelles islands with a Russian close to President Vladi­mir Putin “as part of an apparent effort to establish a back-channel line of communication between Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump.”

more on this scumbag

http://www.businessinsider.com/erik-pri ... sia-2017-4
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Re: flynn, trump prince and all things russian

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Well, really, where is any evidence that the trumphole has ever surrounded himself with decent, competent people? Reagan brought in some real wieners, but he also brought in people who, though we find them ideologically reprehensible, were capable, competent and smarter than Reagan. Because Raygun might have been a little dementia-addled, but he was not a narcissist psychopath with a biblical ego and a hydrogen-fueled insecurity to boot. Dolt45 considers himself an Übermensch, is certain that there is no one available as smart and capable as he is, and wouldn't want them around, if there were. This asshole could keep even a quack like Dr. Phil in business for years.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Boatrocker wrote:... Dolt45 ...
Good one, first time I've seen it. Possible trivia team name, JTA?
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Saw it somewhere and pinched it. It's a good one.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
This will be the next one.

I used "Trump's dancing with the czars" yesterday. Got a few chuckles. Most of the people like Don the con so I like to push their buttons haha. When he was first elected, some of the names were "Trump that bitch", "lock her up" etc..
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

On a related topic, I noticed many of my Trump fanboy/girl acquaintances have become awfully quiet lately. Hmm.

It's really difficult to keep coming up with rationalizations when the Washington Post and NY Times keep dropping all these stories nonstop.

The latest excuse I've heard: "I'm not buying any of it. None of the so called leaks are from named sources. It's all anonymous and therefore probably made up to slander Trump."

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Boys & girls, if y'all ain't watching TV right now, you need to be. Shit is getting real.

Drip, drip, drip . . . .
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
America's death has been ruled suicide by Dolt-45.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Boatrocker wrote:Boys & girls, if y'all ain't watching TV right now, you need to be. Shit is getting real.

Drip, drip, drip . . . .
All the Trump insanity you missed while you were sleeping last night

And that was talking about 5/17-18 night.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://youtu.be/VgRQRWrhfYs

There were so many threads where this trumpeteer attack ad against Comey could have been posted

I don't remember nixon running Cox attack ads as he went down

Some background on the group behind the ad...

Quote:
Great America PAC is the premiere Pro-Trump Super PAC led by veteran Republican strategist, Ed Rollins. The group raised and spent over $30 million in support of Donald Trump’s candidacy, broadcasting more than 20,000 TV spots and 300,000 radio ads, secured over 250,000 contributors, built a file of millions of active, newly engaged Trump supporters across the country, sent over 2.5 million pieces of mail, and placed more than 30 million phone calls. Great America PAC was the ONLY PAC with field offices in the battleground states with boots on the ground and the ONLY PAC running Spanish-language ads on TV and online.

Great America PAC is committed to bringing people together and uniting them behind President Donald Trump and the movement he represents.

http://www.greatamericapac.com/about/

http://www.greatamericaalliance.com/

Spent $23 million supporting Trump during the election (Source).
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: flynn, put down that salad fork now

I missed this bit

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I got the Deep State Farms Italian dressing. It's not bad.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:04 am
I got the Deep State Farms Italian dressing. It's not bad.
Yeah, but this one is better.