If The New President Had Been A Democrat

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
homerfobe
Ensign

If The New President Had Been A Democrat

Unread post by homerfobe »

Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

rstrong
Captain

Re: If The New President Had Been A Democrat

Unread post by rstrong »

The six largest metro areas in the U.S. account for about a quarter of the entire country's economy. Each of them - New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Houston and Washington - have Democratic mayors.

The sources of Detroit's problems - the auto industry leaving, corruption in BOTH parties, a demographic bomb - would be there no matter which party was in power. Detroit's population peaked in 1950. The middle-class and good manufacturing jobs began abandoning the city back when it was still Republican mayors being tossed in jail.

(The city of Halifax on Canada's east coast looks just peachy-keen right now. But it's facing a similar demographic bomb and will go the way of Detroit no matter who is in charge.)

And it's not just Detroit; it's Flint and other Michigan communities too. In your same five decades, four of the six Michigan governors were Republican.

It's also worth mentioning that on the federal level, while Republicans (Reagan, Bush I, Bush II) make the most election *noise* about fiscal responsibility, they're the ones who keep spending like drunken sailors while in office. The Democrats (Carter, Clinton, Obama) have been consistently been more fiscally conservative.

homerfobe
Ensign

Yeah, I knew all that; most of it anyway. What struck me the most and prompted me to post the video was the lack of any city administration, regardless which political faction was or is in charge, couldn't take a few meager measures to at least clean the trash up.; but knowing labor unions and their demand for higher wages in order to to fatten their coffers, and screw the worker and the goverment, I can see why the streets are garbage dumps.

My reasoning behind posting it to begin with was to express the disgust and disdain in America today.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

rstrong wrote:... It's also worth mentioning that on the federal level, while Republicans (Reagan, Bush I, Bush II) make the most election *noise* about fiscal responsibility, they're the ones who keep spending like drunken sailors while in office. The Democrats (Carter, Clinton, Obama) have been consistently been more fiscally conservative.
To take just one example, Shrub turned Bill Clinton's surplus into deficits, then only reduced the deficit 3 years out of 8. Obama reduced the deficit each year in office. Also, since before WW2 the economy has consistently done better with a Dem POTUS. Dishonest partisan hack homerfobe got owned by facts, again.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Vrede too wrote: Dishonest partisan hack homerfobe got owned by facts, again.
Makes no difference to me. What's done is done. What's not done is the issue, idiot. Kool-aid much?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:Exactly like Seth Milner and Mr.B.
Must have been two great guys. Sorry your trailer trash ass couldn't have their scruples. Your Momma should have taught you better than to think you're better than anyone else. Own that, crybaby. I'm surprised you haven't crawled your pansy ass back under your rock by now.