Beauregard

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Beauregard

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Beauregard

Okay,it has now been proven that the big eared AG lied to Congress while under oath.

He has shown his distain for lying when he voted to impeach a president for lying about a private matter that would have caused no harm to our country. Yet he lies under oath about his clandestine involvement with an adversarial country to illegally elect an oversized cheeto's to the presidency of the US.

Am I missing something, or should Jeff be sent straight to prison.

And

Why isn't his lawyer status under question in Alabama?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Re: Beauregard

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:56 am

'Cause it's Alabama, where they spend their time indicting their governors, and the bar exam consists of determining if your feet can touch the floor from the stool.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:45 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:56 am

'Cause it's Alabama, where they spend their time indicting their governors, and the bar exam consists of determining if your feet can touch the floor from the stool.

Okay, then why hasn't he been tried for lying under oath to Congress - multiple times.

He stated under oath that he would recuse himself from any investigation concerning the Clinton Foundation, yet here he goes.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

"b- b- but Hillary..."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:07 am
"b- b- but Hillary..."

Never lied under oath.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:13 am
O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:07 am
"b- b- but Hillary..."

Never lied under oath.
Never did a lot of what they've accused her of. Didn't stop them, though. B-b-but Obama.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

He may look like a funny little leprechaun, but he ain't so funny. This little shit is about to destroy - what - thousands - millions of lives, families and futures.

Somehow until today I missed the context of his funny little "joke" about liking the kkk before he knew they smoked pot.
The racist asshole said it while discussing that a couple of KKK shits had slit the throat of a black kid and then hung him (while high on pot)

I remember those jokes from the 60s in Alabama - shoot 4 more and they'll take a week off.

Yeah, they're funny enough - when everyone around you is a racist pig.

His war on drugs will be narrow.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

But they both expressed wiggle room. Gardner is no different than Collins, flake, corker, or mccain. They stay out of his state and he voted party line.

The focus will be narrow and as political as everything else. Praise trump and all is well.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

To Attorney General Jeff Sessions:

Do not return to the unnecessarily cruel sentencing policies of years past. Doubling down on the failed War on Drugs takes our country backward by decades. From the halls of state legislatures to the ballot box, the American people have said with a clear voice they want commonsense sentencing policy reform – and that the policies you have proposed are anything but sensible.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:23 am
To Attorney General Jeff Sessions:

Do not return to the unnecessarily cruel sentencing policies of years past. Doubling down on the failed War on Drugs takes our country backward by decades. From the halls of state legislatures to the ballot box, the American people have said with a clear voice they want commonsense sentencing policy reform – and that the policies you have proposed are anything but sensible.
I have no understanding why anyone would ask this racist pig to do anything.
He, like trump, is who he is and will be so for the remainder of his sorry ass life, barring some Wallace type epiphany.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:14 am
He, like trump, is who he is and will be so for the remainder of his sorry ass life, barring some Wallace type epiphany.
And, there's the possibility that he cares about:

Sessions crackdown on pot could make life harder for Republicans in November

I don't know that it can be a defining issue for Dems or that they'll choose to try and make it one, but I suppose it's possible. Anyhow, Sessions may have real trouble getting juries to unanimously convict in pot tolerant states. I sure wouldn't plead these days.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:11 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:14 am
And, there's the possibility that he cares about:

Sessions crackdown on pot could make life harder for Republicans in November

I don't know that it can be a defining issue for Dems or that they'll choose to try and make it one, but I suppose it's possible. Anyhow, Sessions may have real trouble getting juries to unanimously convict in pot tolerant states. I sure wouldn't plead these days.
if they support drugs, they are godless and why would he support godless drug addicts just because they are republican?

besides, he's gonna be fired anyway and this looks way good on the fame and fortune retirement resume

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump snubs Jeff Sessions, backs Tommy Tuberville in Alabama Senate runoff

... Tuberville and Sessions will compete in a runoff on March 31 after neither won a majority in last Tuesday’s primary. Tuberville got 33 percent of Republican voters to 31 percent for Sessions in the seven-candidate race....

A poll released Tuesday showed Tuberville with a 12-point lead in the runoff scheduled three weeks away. The Sessions campaign released an internal poll that showed the race tied.
Win-win. Either 45SHOLE loses or the Evil Elf does :thumbup: .

Kinda looks like Jones (D) loses either way:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7015.html - Sessions +13
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7014.html - Tuberville +8
:(
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:16 pm
Trump snubs Jeff Sessions, backs Tommy Tuberville in Alabama Senate runoff

... Tuberville and Sessions will compete in a runoff on March 31 after neither won a majority in last Tuesday’s primary. Tuberville got 33 percent of Republican voters to 31 percent for Sessions in the seven-candidate race....

A poll released Tuesday showed Tuberville with a 12-point lead in the runoff scheduled three weeks away. The Sessions campaign released an internal poll that showed the race tied.
Win-win. Either 45SHOLE loses or the Evil Elf does :thumbup: .

Kinda looks like Jones (D) loses either way:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7015.html - Sessions +13
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7014.html - Tuberville +8
:(

I hate it about Tubby, he is my all time favorite Auburn coach.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:22 am
Not that successful college coaches can't or shouldn't be con, most of them probably are, but one would hope that they wouldn't be so stupid, hateful and bigoted as to join Team 45SHOLE.

I’m also annoyed by anyone with zero political experience that runs for even just the House, let alone the Senate or POTUS. Being a celebrity is NOT a qualification for the job.

We'll see, a 45SHOLE endorsement has often, though not always, been a kiss of death, including in AL.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:17 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:22 am
Not that successful college coaches can't or shouldn't be con, most of them probably are, but one would hope that they wouldn't be so stupid, hateful and bigoted as to join Team 45SHOLE.

I’m also annoyed by anyone with zero political experience that runs for even just the House, let alone the Senate or POTUS. Being a celebrity is NOT a qualification for the job.

We'll see, a 45SHOLE endorsement has often, though not always, been a kiss of death, including in AL.
Shouldn't be, but if anyone can go back to my reactions to California electing a comic book movie hero because he was a Terminator I said then that "pretend characters" were here to stay.

The Terminator will terminate everything bad
Trump will Fire everything bad

Tub is somewhat of a celebrity but don't forget, he's an Auburn coach in a state that is at least 70% bammers.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:55 am

Shouldn't be, but if anyone can go back to my reactions to California electing a comic book movie hero because he was a Terminator I said then that "pretend characters" were here to stay.

Yeah, but don't forget, before the Governator, they elected a chimp handler. Clint Eastwood was mayor of Carmel-By-The-Sea, and Sonny Bono was mayor of Palm Springs and later Congressman. And Minnesota elected a pro wrestler (who actually didn't do a horrible job). I don't think being an artist/celebrity makes a person a better politician, but I don't see it as disqualifying in itself.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:17 am
... I’m also annoyed by anyone with zero political experience that runs for even just the House, let alone the Senate or POTUS. Being a celebrity is NOT a qualification for the job....
I said this way back when Heath Shuler, a Dem (sort of), took the open Repug NC11 US House seat, and did a crappy job.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:55 am

The Terminator will terminate everything bad
Trump will Fire everything bad

Tub is somewhat of a celebrity but don't forget, he's an Auburn coach in a state that is at least 70% bammers.
O Really wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:13 am
Yeah, but don't forget, before the Governator, they elected a chimp handler. Clint Eastwood was mayor of Carmel-By-The-Sea, and Sonny Bono was mayor of Palm Springs and later Congressman. And Minnesota elected a pro wrestler (who actually didn't do a horrible job). I don't think being an artist/celebrity makes a person a better politician, but I don't see it as disqualifying in itself.
Sadly, celebrity is an excellent qualification for being a candidate, and I don't even think that it's disqualifying in itself. I just have a problem with it when they overreach with their first run.

This applied to both Ronnie and Ahrnold, though Bongo's sidekick had been a union chief and the Governator had the benefits of long association with an uber-political family and a super smart spouse.

Otoh:

Dirty Harry was mayor of a town that's still only 3,859.
Cher's sidekick was first mayor of a town that's still only 48,375.
"The Body" was first mayor of a town that's still only 80,610. "The Mind" had a mixed record as Gov. He quit after one term, idk if he would have been reelected.

This is the kind of political dues paying that I approve of as a minimum before going for Gov, Congress or the WH, even though it alone also doesn't guarantee success in the job.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ronnie was different. He didn't run as his fictional character, as Arnold did unintentionally and as trump did so very intentionally.

The fiction won both elections

Jessie also ran on his fakes