It's Muller Time

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

It's Muller Time

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Re: It's Muller Time

Unread post by rstrong »

This investigation won't be at all limited to Russia ties. When the Whitewater investigation failed to find wrongdoing by the Clintons, it was re-tasked to "investigate" his relationship with Monica Lewinsky.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Even without re-tasking the Russia investigation necessarily looks at Agent Orange's finances and whatever is found . . .
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

....and it doesn't have to be campaign oriented, they are talking about looking at pre-candidate Orangutan's Russian incomes!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

The huckleberry woman just announced that Muller will be wrapping up shortly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Finally trump's mob connect film starts getting some attention.

Back when he was broke a d the Italian mob wanted nothing to do with him these Russian connections increased, as did his wealth.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-r ... =DDMorning

The mob connection is old news, but "scrum of reporters" is something new.
I've heard of a pack of wolves, a gagle of geese, a choir of beagles, a nest of snakes, a covey of quail, a hive of bees and even a knot of toads, but never before have I heard of a scrum of reporters.

Stay tuned, if trump hears it he'll claim that he invented it.

"he told a scrum of reporters on the steps of a D.C. courthouse."

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:00 am
It's a Canadian term, in common use for at least 50 years. Where you have White House Press Briefings in a designated room, with White House officials controlling who gets to attend let alone ask questions, we have scrums.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:43 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:00 am
It's a Canadian term, in common use for at least 50 years. Where you have White House Press Briefings in a designated room, with White House officials controlling who gets to attend let alone ask questions, we have scrums.
Fitting, we all know that "the media" aren't real Americans.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

The reporters apparently looked like a rugby scrum.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/arc ... 62666b.jpg

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:10 pm
The reporters apparently looked like a rugby scrum.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/arc ... 62666b.jpg
That looks like one of Mr.B homerfobe's pics, nttawwt.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I'm still concerned that Muller is another Patrick Fitzgerald, running cover and doing nothing to anyone of consequence.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: It's Mueller Time

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:31 pm
I'm still concerned that Muller is another Patrick Fitzgerald, running cover and doing nothing to anyone of consequence.
Not disagreeing with you, but what's your beef with Patrick Fitzgerald?
Patrick Fitzgerald

... As special counsel for the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel, Fitzgerald was the federal prosecutor in charge of the investigation of the Valerie Plame Affair, which led to the prosecution and conviction in 2007 of Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff Scooter Libby for perjury.

As a federal prosecutor, he led a number of high-profile investigations, including ones that led to convictions of Illinois Governors Rod Blagojevich and George Ryan, media mogul Conrad Black, several aides to Chicago Mayor Richard Daley in the Hired Truck Program, and Chicago detective and torturer Jon Burge.
Before longtime POSPOTUS confidant Roger Stone's arrest:

"The Special Counsel has now secured guilty pleas from President Trump’s personal attorney, his campaign manager, his deputy campaign manager, a foreign policy advisor to his campaign, and his National Security Advisor. He has filed 191 charges against more than thirty individuals—almost all of whom are in President Trump’s orbit, Vladimir Putin’s orbit, or both. The President can pretend that this investigation has nothing to do with him and nothing to do with Russia, but these indictments speak for themselves."
— Congressman Jerrold Nadler
https://nadler.house.gov/press-release/ ... uilty-plea

If the report does any scathing at all and even if there are no more indictments, I'll be satisfied that the effort was worth it. After all, Mueller is GOP. We can't expect him to go beyond what he feels is solid evidence.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Yeah, no doubt about it; if this were the Mark Meadows investigation, no charges would have been filed against anyone.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:53 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:31 pm
Not disagreeing with you, but what's your beef with Patrick Fitzgerald?
Patrick Fitzgerald

... As special counsel for the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel, Fitzgerald was the federal prosecutor in charge of the investigation of the Valerie Plame Affair, which led to the prosecution and conviction in 2007 of Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff Scooter Libby for perjury.

As a federal prosecutor, he led a number of high-profile investigations, including ones that led to convictions of Illinois Governors Rod Blagojevich and George Ryan, media mogul Conrad Black, several aides to Chicago Mayor Richard Daley in the Hired Truck Program, and Chicago detective and torturer Jon Burge.
Before longtime POSPOTUS confidant Roger Stone's arrest:

"The Special Counsel has now secured guilty pleas from President Trump’s personal attorney, his campaign manager, his deputy campaign manager, a foreign policy advisor to his campaign, and his National Security Advisor. He has filed 191 charges against more than thirty individuals—almost all of whom are in President Trump’s orbit, Vladimir Putin’s orbit, or both. The President can pretend that this investigation has nothing to do with him and nothing to do with Russia, but these indictments speak for themselves."
— Congressman Jerrold Nadler
https://nadler.house.gov/press-release/ ... uilty-plea

If the report does any scathing at all and even if there are no more indictments, I'll be satisfied that the effort was worth it. After all, Mueller is GOP. We can't expect him to go beyond what he feels is solid evidence.
Cheney was guilty, but Fitzgerald settled for the fall guy who walked with a pardon.

Plenty of evidence that Cheney outed Plaime which should have led to Cheney demanding the CIA report bullshit about Iraq - from yellow cake to aluminum tubes to mobile launchers, to WMDs to drones to ..

All lies, all crimes to profit on a fake war.

Keep Starr would have hung a demo for doing the same.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ah, thanks. I'm sure Cheney was guilty, but don't know the strength of the evidence against him.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:05 pm
Ah, thanks. I'm sure Cheney was guilty, but don't know the strength of the evidence against him.
Sending intel back to the CIA and demanding lies to prove his for profit war. But all that aside, Plaime should have been enough.

I'm sure that I don't have even a little bit of what happened, but I can't see that Fitzgerald went where he could have. I hope Muller doesn't do the same.

If he can't get trump and family, he wasn't trying.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:53 pm
Sending intel back to the CIA and demanding lies to prove his for profit war. But all that aside, Plaime should have been enough.

I'm sure that I don't have even a little bit of what happened, but I can't see that Fitzgerald went where he could have.

Wouldn't ventriloquist Dick have just shoved his hand up Shrub's ass and pardoned himself, anyhow?

I hope Muller doesn't do the same.

If he can't get trump and family, he wasn't trying.

Idk, I'm open to the possibility that they did not leave a solid enough trail of hard evidence. That's why the tone and words of the report will be so important.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Lindsey Graham: Investigate Clinton’s Emails Before Releasing Mueller Report

Lindsey Graham, next weeks and months:
Investigate Jussie Smollett Before Releasing Mueller Report
Investigate College Admissions Bribery Before Releasing Mueller Report
Investigate the 2018 NFC Championship Game Pass Interference Non-Call Before Releasing Mueller Report
Investigate Obama’s Birth Certificate Before Releasing Mueller Report
Investigate Area 51 Before Releasing Mueller Report
Investigate Chemtrails Before Releasing Mueller Report
Investigate Pearl Harbor Before Releasing Mueller Report

What is Graham doing? He was a leading POSPOTUS critic within the GOP. Angling for a Cabinet post, now or in 2021? Positioning himself if POSPOTUS doesn’t run? Coming on to VP Q-tip? Nttawwt.

Would we be a gang if we weren’t represented by NC, TN, SC and FL pols? :D

Our rogues' gallery:

Whack9, Boatrocker - Sen. Lindsey Graham
billy.pilgrim - Rep. Matt Gaetz
Whack9 - Rep. William Timmons
neoplacebo - Rep. Phil Roe, Sen. Marsha Blackburn
O Really, billy.pilgrim - Sen. Rick Scott
Me, banni, GoCubsGo, k9nanny - Rep. Mark Meadows, Sens. Richard Burr & Thom Tillis

I'm pretty sure that there are several nations that would automatically accept us as refugees . . . but maybe that’s a gimme with President* Trump.
1312. ETTD.