Hypocrisy?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Hypocrisy?

Unread post by Vrede too »

We'll see if there were specific screw ups that led to the deaths (or they may stay hidden for years or forever) and in the post-action responses. I don't go into the Benghazi-style finger pointing automatically. People that go places to kill sometimes die. To me, the bigger issue is that we shouldn't have soldiers there and many other of the 100+ countries they're at in the first place. Foreign soldiers are always going to be hated by someone, often a lot of someones.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:53 am
... Jackass Kelly ...
POSPOTUS is the anti-Midas - Everything he touches turns to crap.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:00 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:53 am
... Jackass Kelly ...
POSPOTUS is the anti-Midas - Everything he touches turns to crap.
Kelly has always been a piece of crap. He joined the marines to go kill less than human brown gooks, he was so offended at having to listen to a less than human uppity nigger speak at an FBI building dedication that he only remembers her talking about herself and now here he is nothing but a brown nosed lackey playing cleanup for someone who really is less than human.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

In 1970, when his mother told him that his draft number was coming up, he enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps, and Wiki doesn't say that he ever made it to Vietnam. I think that I would have COed, emigrated or gone to jail, but I don't particularly hold that against him. However, one could fault him for then deciding to become a lifer, his participation in the Iraq debacle, his agreeing to work for POSPOTUS at all, and perhaps other things.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:32 am
In 1970, when his mother told him that his draft number was coming up, he enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps, and Wiki doesn't say that he ever made it to Vietnam. I don't particularly hold that against him. However, one could fault him for then deciding to become a lifer, his participation in the Iraq debacle, his agreeing to work for POSPOTUS at all, and perhaps other things.
His mother told him? That makes no sense at all, but it figures he would even lie about his own history.

Wonder how he stayed out before the December 1969 lottery. He turned 18 in may 1968.

Why did mommy wait until 1970 to tell him that he had a low number?

Seems reasonable that even the morons watched the news, or read the paper to see their number, but jackass kelly didn't even look - what "bravery". Wanna bet that this piece of bullshit personal historical fiction came in the form of a "I'm so great" speech to the troops.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:17 am
His mother told him? That makes no sense at all, but it figures he would even lie about his own history.

Teens can be oblivious. I remember watching to see what my number would be if I had been old enough, but I can see others not doing so.

Wonder how he stayed out before the December 1969 lottery. He turned 18 in may 1968.

Why did mommy wait until 1970 to tell him that he had a low number? ...

Idk, do the links to articles shed more light? It does say, "He then served for one year in the United States Merchant Marine, where he says 'my first time overseas was taking 10,000 tons of beer to Vietnam'." I believe that exempted one from the draft and may also explain mom telling him about the lottery if he was at sea when it happened.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Teens can be oblivious. I remember watching to see what my number would be if I had been old enough, but I can see others not doing so.

Idk, do the links to articles shed more light? It does say, "He then served for one year in the United States Merchant Marine, where he says 'my first time overseas was taking 10,000 tons of beer to Vietnam'." I believe that exempted one from the draft and may also explain mom telling him about the lottery if he was at sea when it happened.
Yep, the MM would have exempted him. It was almost as hard to join as the NG.
But watching him lie now exempts me from believing his "how great I am" bullshit.

I never met anyone who didn't know their lottery number.

The marines taught him well to always dehumanise your adversary first. Empty barrel, gooks, slopes and slants all come from the marine handbook.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:56 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Yep, the MM would have exempted him. It was almost as hard to join as the NG.
But watching him lie now exempts me from believing his "how great I am" bullshit.

I never met anyone who didn't know their lottery number.

The marines taught him well to always dehumanise your adversary first. Empty barrel, gooks, slopes and slants all come from the marine handbook.
Talking to himself, self, you know that the army gave volunteers 3 choices of where they wanted to be stationed and draftees all went to Vietnam. So why would it be different with the marines?

All he would have had to do is request Nam and he would have been there. That's how it worked.

It looks to me like I have to add chickenhawk draft dodger/evader to the asswipe's list of lies.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Did I mention I believe he's always been a racist PoS.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/ ... =emaildkre

Yep, he's a racist PoS.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:59 am

Yep, he's a racist PoS.
Lest anyone disagree with that article's headline, now Kelly has declared that the Civil War was prompted by an inability to compromise while suggesting both sides acted in “good faith”.

The Guardian: John Kelly says US Civil War was prompted by inability to compromise

Which could only mean a compromise on slavery.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

rstrong wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:06 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:59 am

Yep, he's a racist PoS.
Lest anyone disagree with that article's headline, now Kelly has declared that the Civil War was prompted by an inability to compromise while suggesting both sides acted in “good faith”.

The Guardian: John Kelly says US Civil War was prompted by inability to compromise

Which could only mean a compromise on slavery.

Yet the media continues to try to normalise the punks and bullys who surround trump.
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

What I learned today

Schumer is responsible

The terrorist is a coward because he attacked innocent people

The terrorist is proud of what he did

Because he is still alive, we may be able to determine why he did this

8 people killed is a national catastrophe deserving in outrage at every level

Muslims are bad and are still attacking us for our freedoms

Glad I learned this now. Silly me

I thought it was Bush's wars that are responsible

Jets dropping bombs on schools, hospitals and apartment buildings is must see TV.

Many in the military are proud of their indiscriminate killings

Savannah and all the rest who are asking why he did this are truly idiots.

Don't mean to sound callous, but 8 out of 325,215,345 seems a tad below so much else
https://danger.mongabay.com/injury_death.htm

I thought we invaded them

Silly, silly me

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GOP just trotted out some SD beauty queen to explain how her little family farm was almost destroyed by the evil Death Tax.

Poor little rich girl had to take out a loan that "impacted" her family, but maybe not so much, as this welfare queen took over three million dollars in taxpayer assistance.

Wiki says,
"The property, of which Noem's family owns a non-controlling partnership in, has also received $3,058,152 in USDA farm subsidies from 1995 through 2009.[7] Over the years, Noem added a hunting lodge and restaurant to the property, and all of her siblings have moved back to assist in expanding the businesses.[3]"

"From 1989 to 2010, Noem received 27 traffic citations, including 20 for speeding[73] and other violations. Her most recent stop, Noem was clocked going 94 mph. in a 75 zone. Court records indicate that Noem failed to appear in court six times. At one point Noem had a warrant issued for her arrest for failing to pay outstanding traffic citations."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Over and over I'm hearing that no one ever congratulates
a dictator. No American, no Britain, no west European, no one does this shameful act to promote these dictators after their sham elections.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/03/09/oba ... ction-win/

SHARE:
THE CABLE
Obama congratulates Putin for election “win”
The Russian people and international observers may not see last Sunday’s presidential election in Russia as legitimate, but President Barack Obama has now officially endorsed the return of Russian past and future President Vladimir Putin. "President Obama called Russian President-elect and Prime Minister Putin to congratulate him on his recent victory in the Russian Presidential ...
BY JOSH ROGIN | MARCH 9, 2012, 7:52 PM

ALEXEY DRUZHININ/AFP/Getty Images
The Russian people and international observers may not see last Sunday’s presidential election in Russia as legitimate, but President Barack Obama has now officially endorsed the return of Russian past and future President Vladimir Putin.

"President Obama called Russian President-elect and Prime Minister Putin to congratulate him on his recent victory in the Russian Presidential election," the White House said in a late Friday afternoon statement (read: news dump) about the Friday morning phone call between the two leaders. "

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:51 am
GOP just trotted out some SD beauty queen to explain how her little family farm was almost destroyed by the evil Death Tax.

Poor little rich girl had to take out a loan that "impacted" her family, but maybe not so much, as this welfare queen took over three million dollars in taxpayer assistance.

Wiki says,
"The property, of which Noem's family owns a non-controlling partnership in, has also received $3,058,152 in USDA farm subsidies from 1995 through 2009.[7] Over the years, Noem added a hunting lodge and restaurant to the property, and all of her siblings have moved back to assist in expanding the businesses.[3]"

"From 1989 to 2010, Noem received 27 traffic citations, including 20 for speeding[73] and other violations. Her most recent stop, Noem was clocked going 94 mph. in a 75 zone. Court records indicate that Noem failed to appear in court six times. At one point Noem had a warrant issued for her arrest for failing to pay outstanding traffic citations."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/11/politics ... index.html

And here we are almost 3 years later and cnn is still helping this lying sos with her bogus life story.

"Like Trump, Noem also championed the unproven anti-malarial drug known as hydroxychloroquine, going so far as to announce that South Dakota would conduct the nation's first statewide trial for the drug to test its effectiveness against the virus."

"While representing South Dakota in Congress for four terms before she was elected governor in 2018, Noem spoke of food supply as a national security issue, arguing that she didn't want another country "to produce our food for us because then they control us."
She was grounded in farming and agriculture from an early age, helping her family raise cattle and grow corn, wheat and soybeans on their farm and ranch. Her father died after falling into a grain bin in 1994 while trying to unclog a feeder line.
The accident led Noem to leave college and return home to help manage the family farm. The family's struggle paying the estate tax after her father's death shaped her interest in politics. (Speaking from that perspective in Congress, she was a forceful adversary for Democrats who argued that abolishing the estate tax was merely a giveaway to the wealthy)."

Funny about having to pay an estate tax with Mom still alive.