Hypocrisy?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Hypocrisy?

Unread post by Vrede too »

JTA wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:38 pm
A certain subset of NFL fans: "Players kneeling during the national anthem are disrespecting our veterans and all they sacrificed"... after they voted in a man who said he liked soldiers that don't get captured in reference to POWs, and also got into a feud with a deceased veterans gold star family.

Also worth mentioning: Trump shared a picture of Patrick Tillman, a former NFL player that joined the military in response to 9-11, on his twitter. Pat Tillman admired Noam Chomsky, an athiest, and leaned heavily left even calling the Iraq war "Ilegal as fuck". Call me crazy, but I think Patrick Tillman would've been in support of players kneeling for the anthem.
Especially after he got killed by "friendly fire" and the Pentagon tried to cover it up. Unlike the players protesting racism, he is reason to directly protest the flag and anthem.

Of course, none of this diminishes the odds of you being crazy. :P
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Yo...

This reminds me.

Do you guys remember like ten years back there was a fucking telephone pole with kudzoo that looked like a cross, and everyone was flipping out they were gonna tear the pole down. They even had petitions to keep it up because it sort of looked like a cross. I shit you not this actually happened here in SC.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

JTA wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 pm
Yo...

This reminds me.

Do you guys remember like ten years back there was a fucking telephone pole with kudzoo that looked like a cross, and everyone was flipping out they were gonna tear the pole down. They even had petitions to keep it up because it sort of looked like a cross. I shit you not this actually happened here in SC.

https://goo.gl/images/1aeG7D
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

*NC

I remember people complaining about it on GoUpstate. If I recall, they were outraged at it being removed or something.

Evangelicals sure are an emotional bunch.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Holy kudzu! Vine in N.C. town (Kinston) said to resemble Jesus

I did not see telephone pole Jesus when I was there last year. It must have been removed . . . then God sent a flood . . . then the state sent me. 8 plagues left to go.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:05 am
Holy kudzu! Vine in N.C. town (Kinston) said to resemble Jesus

I did not see telephone pole Jesus when I was there last year. It must have been removed . . . then God sent a flood . . . then the state sent me. 8 plagues left to go.

Here's kudzu Mary crying over the use of Roundup on kudzu jesus

https://goo.gl/images/5MvSmU
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Sherri needs to wake up and embrace the truth. This is definitely Moses unable to enter the promised land.

https://goo.gl/images/3KKTWi

Could be a kudzu church service

https://goo.gl/images/nMTpUY

Bodybuilder Jesus

https://goo.gl/images/4rRCea

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:14 am
Here's kudzu Mary crying over the use of Roundup on kudzu jesus

https://goo.gl/images/5MvSmU
Bad link. Darn, sounds like a good one.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:24 am
Sherri needs to wake up and embrace the truth. This is definitely Moses unable to enter the promised land.

https://goo.gl/images/3KKTWi

Moses had big boobs? Nttawwt.

Could be a kudzu church service

https://goo.gl/images/nMTpUY

Bad link.

Bodybuilder Jesus

https://goo.gl/images/4rRCea

Links to a bunch of pics, not sure which one you meant.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

sorry about all the bad links. could be the morning wake and bake, or my tiny phone - or both

I did the same search, but couldn't find Mary - again - it could have had to do with the morning wake and bake, or my tiny phone - or both

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ku ... ORM=HDRSC2

under the right light/influence one of these has to be Mary, I just can't find her.

those aren't boobs, Moses has a pot belly

kudzu church service

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxhist=0

body builder jesus
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxhist=0

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:40 pm
... could be the morning wake and bake,

:D ;)

or my tiny phone ...
Or your big hands?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:00 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:40 pm
... could be the morning wake and bake,

:D ;)

or my tiny phone ...
Or your big hands?
Those I have.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

HHS secretary Tom Price resigns over using private and military crafts for personal travel, expending over one million dollars.

Trump's frequent travel costs between Mar a Lago and other golf courses and properties he owns have far exceeded that, so much.so the secret service has apparently almost hit their budget limit well in advance of when they should have.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:30 am
HHS secretary Tom Price resigns over using private and military crafts for personal travel, expending over one million dollars.

Trump's frequent travel costs between Mar a Lago and other golf courses and properties he owns have far exceeded that, so much.so the secret service has apparently almost hit their budget limit well in advance of when they should have.
I've heard it both ways - Dolt. 45's weekly vacation costs are either on pace to exceed Obama's 8-year vacation costs in his first tear or have already exceeded Obama's 8-year vacation costs. Plus, his properties are massively profiting from them.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:56 am
JTA wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:30 am

I've heard it both ways - Dolt. 45's weekly vacation costs are either on pace to exceed Obama's 8-year vacation costs in his first tear or have already exceeded Obama's 8-year vacation costs. Plus, his properties are massively profiting from them.
Had it been a dem, the media would be interviewing repugs demanding that the million plus be returned, or that the offender be prosecuted.

Instead there is silence.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I think the media has to wait for the Dems to stop laughing before they can get some good quotes. ;)
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

You never know what's going to get you in this administration*.

Not to defend Price's excesses and abuse, but as Trumper scandals go, this one is pretty mild. Trump has let much worse go unaddressed, and in fact does much worse himself. I'm thinking the plane rides were a pretense for getting rid of Price because Trump was still mad about not getting rid of Obamacare. In face of any perceived failure, Trump's first move is to deny it happened, then to appoint scapegoat(s).

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:43 am
You never know what's going to get you in this administration*.

Not to defend Price's excesses and abuse, but as Trumper scandals go, this one is pretty mild. Trump has let much worse go unaddressed, and in fact does much worse himself. I'm thinking the plane rides were a pretense for getting rid of Price because Trump was still mad about not getting rid of Obamacare. In face of any perceived failure, Trump's first move is to deny it happened, then to appoint scapegoat(s).
Others agree with you. If you're too incompetent to fulfill a 7 year fundamental GOP plank when you have a GOP Congress and WH, and you work for a childish clown that never accepts responsibility for anything, it's probably best not to obscenely and repeatedly scam taxpayers on flights. Too easy.

President* Trump administration* - I like it, not a real president, not real administration.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

http://www.businessinsider.com/congress ... ck-2017-10

I'm sure you've all read about the deadly Niger ambush.

Another case of hypocrisy on the part of a certain segment of our politicians given the outrage over Benghazi? Slightly different, sure. I'm waiting for more details to come out before drawing any conclusions, but it seems like a lot of negligence on the part of our leaders, including possibly our Commander in Chief.

We'll see, I guess.
What is abnormal, according to Sen. John McCain, the Republican chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, is the Trump administration's slow response to requests for information. He said Thursday it may take a subpoena to shake loose more information.

"They are not forthcoming with that information," McCain told reporters.
On the flipside...
"Answers that are provided, oftentimes, short of that full investigation, turn out in retrospect to have been inaccurate and just cause more confusion," McMaster said.
Fair enough.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

JTA wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:53 am
http://www.businessinsider.com/congress ... ck-2017-10

I'm sure you've all read about the deadly Niger ambush.

Another case of hypocrisy on the part of a certain segment of our politicians given the outrage over Benghazi? Slightly different, sure. I'm waiting for more details to come out before drawing any conclusions, but it seems like a lot of negligence on the part of our leaders, including possibly our Commander in Chief.

We'll see, I guess.
What is abnormal, according to Sen. John McCain, the Republican chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, is the Trump administration's slow response to requests for information. He said Thursday it may take a subpoena to shake loose more information.

"They are not forthcoming with that information," McCain told reporters.
On the flipside...
"Answers that are provided, oftentimes, short of that full investigation, turn out in retrospect to have been inaccurate and just cause more confusion," McMaster said.
Fair enough.

I'm still waiting for some coverage of the fact that the pentagon prepared a statement for him to simply sign a day or two after the ambush, but he never signed it.

Rachel came up with some conspiracy theory that he knew something no-one else knew. I'm getting tired of the intricate bs theories on her show.

Sometimes answers are simple. More likely he was bathing in the glory of fox, or screaming at the fake news on the actual news channels, but trump holding off signing because of some grand plan - just pure and simple bs.

Watching TV instead of doing his job is a great story, but requires work to tell. Ignoring this story is as easy as coming up with some bs story about his intentionally not signing the statement prepared for him, or jumping to the Jackass Kelly feud with a small black woman.

He forgot because he doesn't care. His tv time was more important.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Yeah, it makes him look bad, so he probably figured he'd just ignore it and brush it off. It's bad for his "ratings".