Is Chad the weatherman the dumbest dumbass on tv

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Is Chad the weatherman the dumbest dumbass on tv

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

At 5:15 on Sunday afternoon he's still saying that Tampa is going to get a 15 foot storm surge.

"And we're still expecting to lose all these trees" when the weaker back side hits all these trees.

And then he went off on arguing against the downgrading to a cat 2, because ... he saw a wind gusts register at 141 and those two things can't happen according to chad

Idiot

He's back and still talking about the wind gust
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Re: Is Chad the weatherman the dumbest dumbass on tv

Unread post by rstrong »

Yup. The categories are determined by sustained wind speeds, not gusts.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

I don't know Chad.
Tampa Bay has been sucked out to sea, and the knuckleheads and their dogs were frolicking in the mud.
Some of these weather people are drama queens. Around here, I think they're disappointed that were not going to get it worse. Schools are closed tomorrow, and we're under a high wind warning and flash flood watch. We shall see. Irma is so big, I suppose anything is possible.

What's it like where you are?
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

I heard other flubs. Must be difficult talking about the same thing for hours on end without screwing up.

I've seen some get blown over, but one of these days we're gonna see one killed by a coconut live.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Weather people just live for bad weather stuff. They're envious of the "real" news people who get to report on shootings, car wrecks, Trump wrecks, airplane crashes, people falling into vats of cowpoop, etc. Most of the time the weather people get to say "clear to partly cloudy with a chance of showers" or something equally bland and boring. But when there are wildfires, hurricanes, toronados, floods...then they're the stars. Can't blame them for being excited, particularly in the age of "scare everybody."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 pm
Weather people just live for bad weather stuff. They're envious of the "real" news people who get to report on shootings, car wrecks, Trump wrecks, airplane crashes, people falling into vats of cowpoop, etc. Most of the time the weather people get to say "clear to partly cloudy with a chance of showers" or something equally bland and boring. But when there are wildfires, hurricanes, toronados, floods...then they're the stars. Can't blame them for being excited, particularly in the age of "scare everybody."

Scare everybody gets people killed. I'm surprised that more people weren't killed by running from this one.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”