Single hurricane thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Single hurricane thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:27 pm
Funny, I could have sworn that I've seen billy.pilgrim rag on Dems when warranted. Must be my poor memory.
Don't get me started on Obama, bill Nelson, Clinton, pelosi ...
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Funny,
Hence, the :lol:
I could have sworn that I've seen billy.pilgrim rag on Dems when warranted.
Why I called him an ornery 'ol cuss.
Must be my poor memory.
Bullfeathers! You, a poor memory? I'm betting you remember that kid's name in the first grade that "attacked" or "whined" about you and made you 'run screeching away' to mommy. :lol: Poor memory? Now that's funny right there! :shock:

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 am
Vrede too wrote:
Funny, I could have sworn that I've seen billy.pilgrim rag on Dems when warranted. Must be my poor memory.
Ornery 'ol cuss'es are like that; yes they are.
Are you packing up and heading out?

It appears that Gov. Richardnoggin may know what he's talking about.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Amazing how quick this thing built up.

Heard dumbass Scott tell everyone that the 10 ft storm surge will kill them, then he said it is too late to evacuate and to hunker down (and die).

Had to quit watching the crazies on the weather channel, them people is idiots. "It's the biggest, strongest, most deadly, lowest pressure, highest wind, biggest surge ever in the history of the world to happen at 1 pm on a Wednesday on the 10th of October in the Florida panhandle under a new moon.

(except they forgot Ivan)
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:53 am

Heard dumbass Scott tell everyone that the 10 ft storm surge will kill them, then he said it is too late to evacuate and to hunker down (and die).

Had to quit watching the crazies on the weather channel, them people is idiots. "It's the biggest, strongest, most deadly, lowest pressure, highest wind, biggest surge ever in the history of the world to happen at 1 pm on a Wednesday on the 10th of October in the Florida panhandle under a new moon.

Are you in the path? Hope everything is ok, and hope everything blows over without causing you any damage.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:42 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 am
Vrede too wrote:
Ornery 'ol cuss'es are like that; yes they are.
Are you packing up and heading out?

It appears that Gov. Richardnoggin may know what he's talking about.

Last I heard, he told people to hunker down and die. He's just another dumbass looking for a photo op.

I'm home - 5 ft elevation and about 300 ft north of the Sound. I'll be fine as long as that low over Mississippi holds and keeps it turning east.

Tate's Hell would be the perfect landfall.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:57 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Are you in the path? Hope everything is ok, and hope everything blows over without causing you any damage.
We'll get wind, but on the projected path, we'll get wind out of the north at low tide, so the bays and Sound should be low water. We will get some flooding right along the Gulf

Cape San Blas, St George and Dog Island - not going to be so lucky.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Somebody said, TWC is the Fox News of meteorology.

Stay safe!
Se Non Ora, Quando?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

k9nanny wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:12 am
Somebody said, TWC is the Fox News of meteorology.

Stay safe!

"Somebody" is right.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Fox News says:

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
I know, right? It fries my socks to hear the announcements of doom and gloom from the TV squids; from local level to national level, who are in their moments of glory in front of the cameras.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:03 am
Fox News says:

I predict that the fence goes down first.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

They keep saying, between Mexico Beach and Panama City. Why not just say, Tyndall Air Force Base - it takes up everything between Mexico Beach and Panama City.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=hu ... E43B655414

I feel for those in the path. Most will be safe from the storm, but as y'all know from Florence, it's the days, months and even years of clean up, detours, expenses and lost work that really take a toll.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

The big orange idiot just claimed it may be the biggest hurricane ever in the history of our country and in terms of topical, it takes up the whole gulf.
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:24 am
They keep saying, between Mexico Beach and Panama City. Why not just say, Tyndall Air Force Base - it takes up everything between Mexico Beach and Panama City.
Because maps are less likely to show it?

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:08 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:24 am
Because maps are less likely to show it?

Guess I didn't realize that we don't show military bases. I don't see Eglin either - the largest AT base in the world, or so I'm told

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:49 pm
Guess I didn't realize that we don't show military bases. I don't see Eglin either - the largest AT base in the world, or so I'm told
Cold War holdover?

I looked at several maps that didn't show Mexico Beach before finding this one. MSNBC just mentioned Tyndall Air Force Base because of a 128 mph wind speed measured there.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:53 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:49 pm
Cold War holdover?

I looked at several maps that didn't show Mexico Beach before finding this one. MSNBC just mentioned Tyndall Air Force Base because of a 128 mph wind speed measured there.
Tomorrow will tell but it looks like there wasn't much of a surge. I'm guessing that the worst will be the Big Bend area just off your map to the east.

The fast forward speed doesn't push water like the slow ones do and that late turn to the east left the surge to get beat back by the back side offshore wind.

i bet Jim and Stephanie would have something to really be excited about in St. Marks,

Or in Atlanta - again the forward speed is going to let these winds do serious damage well inland

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

TV says:
7 foot surge at Apalachicola.
4th strongest winds for US hurricane.
3rd lowest pressure for US hurricane.

Still a Cat 3, "major hurricane", in southern GA, 5 hours after landfall. Wow. Last major hurricane in GA was 1898 - they may mean from the Gulf, GA does have Atlantic coast.
Last edited by Vrede too on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.