2018 elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: 2018 elections

Unread post by Vrede too »

GOP Candidate's Consultant Linked To 2nd County In North Carolina Election Probe

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but along with it soon being US Rep. McCready (D-NC9) I foresee prison sentences.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

He does it to other Repugs, too.
North Carolina Officials Had Prior Warnings Of Voting Issues, Report Says

... GOP Rep. Robert Pittenger told The Washington Post that he lost his primary to Harris in May by a small margin. Though this wasn’t by itself a cause for concern, Harris had earned 437 absentee mail-in votes to Pittenger’s 17, he told the publication....
05/08/2018 OFFICIAL LOCAL ELECTION RESULTS
US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES DISTRICT 09 - REP

Mark Harris: 17,302, 48.54%
Robert Pittenger: 16,474, 46.22%
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Watching little bit of the Pelosi swearing in and can't help noticing the contrast in the House floor. She was surrounded with people of color and women and there were children there also. Nary a a stodgy old white man.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

'I love this': bid to discredit Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez with college dance video backfires

An attempt to humiliate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as she was sworn in as the youngest ever US Congresswoman has backfired impressively, prompting a huge outpouring of support for her.

A 30-second video was posted by a Twitter user called AnonymousQ, showing Ocasio-Cortez dancing on the roof of a building while in college.

“Here is America’s favorite commie know-it-all acting like the clueless nitwit she is,” read the post, with the user, who has since deleted their account, claiming it was a “high school video of ‘Sandy’ Ocasio-Cortez”....
"deleted their account" :lol:
https://twitter.com/anonymousq1776/stat ... 6831047680
"Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!"

But instead of humiliating Ocasio-Cortez, who was elected to represent New York’s 14th congressional district in November, the video has bolstered her popularity, with many people on social media praising her for being joyful and having fun.

Same video, re-captioned:
https://twitter.com/realdanjordan/statu ... 44/video/1
...High School video of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez -- Congratulations New York!
Twitter comments:
She’s great - now I feel like dancing
GOP: Here's Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in high school DANCING! She's so frivolous!
GOP: Did you know that Beto O'Rourke was in a punk rock band?! Shocking!
Dems: Brett Kavenaugh-
GOP: That was a long time ago!
:thumbup:
I have a great idea, let's disparage someone by making them look adorable, good plan.
Wow! She's even more cool than I previously knew!
..tha coolest of everyone.
And so on . . .
Patton Oswalt
‏Verified account @pattonoswalt

Well, @AOC is officially done. She’ll never recover from the world seeing her...

(watches video)

...dancing adorably and having fun with her friends in high school?
Actor Russell Crowe said the dance was “fantastic”. “The more politicians we have like AOC the sooner we’ll all be dancing,” he wrote.

Ally Sheedy, the actor who played Allison Reynolds in The Breakfast Club, and whose dance moves Ocasio-Cortez was imitating, said she was: “pretty happy ‘bout it”, later writing “I love this #teamAOC”.
Zach Braff
‏Verified account @zachbraff

Imagine what a major ass-head one would have to be to think that video of @AOC dancing is anything but adorable and endearing and charming.
Since her election, Ocasio-Cortez has repeatedly been the target of criticism from the right, including for her clothing choices.

Fox News also attacked her for claiming she wouldn’t be able to afford an apartment in Washington DC until her Congress salary started, saying Ocasio-Cortez was stretching the truth about how poor she was when she had $15,000 in savings. Her communications director later confirmed that Ocasio-Cortez, a former Bernie Sanders staffer who earned about $27,000 in 2017, had less than $7,000 in savings....
Only rightwingers think that (pretty skillful) dancing is shameful, and are stupid enough to publicly say so.

Q: Why do some evangelicals ban sex?
A: Because it might lead to dancing.

Yahoo! comment:
You call that fun? This was Giuliani, a real New Yorker, back in high school dancing in the cellar.

Here's the full AOC & Boston U. friends dance video:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dances in unearthed college video
"*Note: The original song has been replaced to avoid copyright infringement.*"

The Breakfast Club Dance Scene
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

OMFG She's still at it! Call the cops!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1081234130841600000

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

According to NC State Rep. Darren Jackson, "Republicans hold a 65 to 55 majority in the NC House, despite Democrats earning more votes from voters last November (gerrymandering!)."
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

North Carolina board votes to hold new House election over absentee ballot fraud

:---P

My prediction: Sleazy Repug Rev. Harris doesn't run again and we never hear from him again.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:42 pm
My prediction: Sleazy Repug Rev. Harris doesn't run again and we never hear from him again.
Republican Harris will not run again after tainted U.S. House election

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Fwiw:

3M more Americans voted for Hillary than 45SHOLE.
11M more Americans voted for someone other than 45SHOLE.
Not sure about congressional totals, but the Dems gained in both the US Senate and House.

9.5M more Americans voted for Dems than Repugs.
Not sure about alternative party totals.
Midterms usually favor the more consistently voting cons.
This was reflected in the US House, governorships and state legs.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:50 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:42 pm
North Carolina board votes to hold new House election over absentee ballot fraud

Republican Harris will not run again after tainted U.S. House election

The primary was held on May 14, 2019, with the general election to be held on September 10.

10 months after the fraudulent election! :roll: :bs: My guess: Repugs are delaying an inevitable loss or are hoping that voter anger dissipates.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

SPLC:
... Indeed, this happened in the elections for the U.S. House of Representatives in 2012, when Democrats picked up 1.4 million more votes than Republicans, yet Republicans won 33 more seats. In 2018, majorities of voters in Pennsylvania, Michigan and North Carolina chose Democrats for state House races, yet, because of gerrymandered maps, Republicans maintained their House majorities in those states.
Voter Suppression During the 2018 Midterm Elections
A Comprehensive Survey of Voter Suppression and Other Election Day Problems
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:13 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:03 pm
True, but the effects of 1.4 million mostly black new potential voters should have been recognized and opened up some liberal purses long ago.

Imagine - not even the Supreme Court could have prevented President Gore. no governor bush or scott, no rubios and scott in the Senate.
I'm guessing at reasons, not supporting them.
U.S. Rep. DeSantis was elected by 32,463 votes out of more than 8 million cast, defeating Democratic Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum. Scott defeated incumbent Democratic U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson by 10,033 votes.
If felons had been able to vote and the ones that did all voted Dem, only 2.32% of the 1.4 million would have had to turn out to flip both races, slightly more if some felons (Aryan Brotherhood, etc.) voted GOP.

Looks like I voted for a meth-head

https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... om-1266927
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Fwiw, vomiting is not typical with meth intoxication or OD. POSSIBLE that he's telling the truth about just being drunk OR there were opiates, too. Otoh, meth can keep you awake and drinking longer and more = vomiting.

I'd probably be wasted for a couple of years after narrowly losing to a dick like DeSantis ;) .
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:46 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:13 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:03 pm
True, but the effects of 1.4 million mostly black new potential voters should have been recognized and opened up some liberal purses long ago.

Imagine - not even the Supreme Court could have prevented President Gore. no governor bush or scott, no rubios and scott in the Senate.
I'm guessing at reasons, not supporting them.
U.S. Rep. DeSantis was elected by 32,463 votes out of more than 8 million cast, defeating Democratic Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum. Scott defeated incumbent Democratic U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson by 10,033 votes.
If felons had been able to vote and the ones that did all voted Dem, only 2.32% of the 1.4 million would have had to turn out to flip both races, slightly more if some felons (Aryan Brotherhood, etc.) voted GOP.

I just read that story a few minutes ago before coming on here. I went :shock: . I mean, the thing looks bad from any angle. Innocence is out the window here. Typically, when drugs are found in this type gig, everybody gets arrested and then things are sorted out later. This lush will not be able to get elected as dog catcher after this. Unless he can snag some trump clown to urge him to start squawking "hoax" and "witch hunt" and "fake news." That's the only hope to survive this and it's very tenuous and flimsy. But it works for trump.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4026&p=114258#p114258
Ulysses wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:43 am
You mean Al "Why Not Me?" Franken? Good book, BTW. I remember reading it on a plane to computer conference. I think. I recall he abdicated in favor of a now-deceased Minnesota senator.
:?: Tina Smith is fine.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:10 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:35 pm
Rep. Paul Gosar (R) represents Arizona's 4th Congressional District.

Paul Gosar Is Not Working For You Long

:shock: :!:
Article

... Following the death of counterprotester Heather Heyer during a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, Gosar pushed the conspiracy theory that the riots were "created by the left" and billionaire George Soros in an interview with VICE News. He also said Soros, a Democratic fundraiser, collaborated with Nazis during World War II, a claim pushed by far-right pundit Alex Jones and InfoWars. Soros, and others, condemned the baseless accusation.

Gosar also boycotted a speech to Congress by Pope Francis in 2015, the only congressman to do so, after penning an op-ed that called him a "leftist" and criticized his attention to climate change, which Gosar calls "questionable science" used to "guilt people into leftist policies."

As House Western Caucus chairman, he has also taken a leading role in overhauling the Endangered Species Act.
RCP doesn't think the seat is in play at all, which may make the ad even more stunning.

I thought I posted a video of this idiot questioning someone and trying to list the 3 branches of government, but can't find it here. He failed.

It was the same rant where he claimed that because he is a dentist, he is an expert at reading body language.

Yep, he's dumber than a gomert.

Found it. Watch the whole thing at your own risk - the body language funnies are at about the 4 minute mark, but the real funny stupid is just past the 5 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/Qwuz-EH0ND0

We are a constitutional republic, that is why we ... duh

Yep, dumber than a gomert.
gosar was with the crowd of idiots scream chanting outside the court house or wherever they are counting in Maricopa County
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”