2018 elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: 2018 elections

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:36 pm
This chat sure entered the Twilight Zone rapidly.
You're telling me? Wow! You three are great mind-readers! That's spooky!
Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:45 am
O Really wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:58 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:32 am
We can no longer publicly say the expression "jew him down", because it's hate speech...
We can no longer "jerry-rig" or "nig*er rig" or "Afro-engineer" something to make it work temporarily...
No, you can no longer use those terms because they're rude and disrespectful. Do you seriously think they're not?
I have to say it would depend on who's in current company; otherwise, yes.
Those are not our phrases placed in Leo Lyons' mouth.
No, they're phrases that have been around before you or I were born; I used them as examples.

That is not us saying that he thinks they're peachy in certain company.
What part of "yes" (they're rude and disrespectful) are you having trouble comprehending?

This is not our pretending that we can read his mind or look into his "heart".
You weren't party to the comments concerning my heart anyway, dumbass! :lol:
What's with this "us" and "our" bull crap anyway? Don't try stealing billy dot's thunder.

This is Leo Lyons CLEARLY implying regret over the loss of those phrases and overtly and unequivocally stating that uttering them in some company and holding them in one's heart are okay and yes, that IS racism.
Ahh..that old radar comes to life again! Those phrases aren't lost, they're still around, but they're not spoken in any of my circles. Your overactive and hateful mind is double-parked in your own Twilight Zone.

In this context, suggesting that he might just be a childish troll is cutting him some slack. However, he objects to this description, so the ONLY alternative is that he is a racist.
Since you were kind enough to merely make a suggestion, the only alternative to that goofball remark is that you're a full-blown dumbass! :lol: :wtf:

Next up: More wussy denial, desperate deflection and garble logic from Leo Lyons.
No denial, no "desperate deflection" or garbled logic from Leo Lyons; just the plain straight facts, Ma'am.
Go smoke another one, charge up your battery, and dream up some more stupidity.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

As dirty as politics are, and mindless nimrods are wandering the streets and Internet, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if those calls were actually coming from a Liberal podcast who's design is to make it appear that GOP and/or Conservative groups are responsible.

The USA has become a cesspool of hate and crybaby factions.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

As a zebra can't change it's stripes and a leopard can't change it's spots a racist bigot will eventually say something bigoted.
Fortunately, my radar is generally good enough that I've usually removed those types of individuals from my life.

My gaydar generally sucks tho... :lolno:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:47 pm
....a racist bigot will eventually say something bigoted...Fortunately, my radar is generally good enough
That's the point I've been trying make all along. Until you SEE or HEAR their actions, you don't know "their heart". (quoting billydot)
Do any of you Three Stooges walk down the street, and when you pass someone, you KNOW they're bigoted just by looking at them?

I said that Desantis' remark didn't appear to be a racist comment; the Three Stooges of BRD labels me a racist bigot. :roll: :roll:
That's great talent you've got there; a talent that fortunately, I don't have and don't want.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:17 pm
As dirty as politics are, and mindless nimrods are wandering the streets and Internet, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if those calls were actually coming from a Liberal podcast who's design is to make it appear that GOP and/or Conservative groups are responsible.

The USA has become a cesspool of hate and crybaby factions.

Where the facts don't suit, leo turns to bullshit.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

"mindless nimrods are wandering the streets and Internet"

Irony.

It's an internet axiom that people that are too lazy to click on a link and read an article and/or are too slow to comprehend it will make fools of themselves.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:02 am
The bullshit you use to brand someone you've never seen as a bigot.
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:10 am
Leo Lyons wrote:"mindless nimrods are wandering the streets and Internet"
Irony.
It's an internet axiom that people that are too lazy to click on a link and read an article and/or are too slow to comprehend it will make fools of themselves.
I don't rely on Internet links because they are sensationalized and biased in one direction or the other. An excellent example is the Liberal-minded links you follow and swallow hook, line, and sinker. If it's Liberal, to you it's the absolute truth, and everyone be damned who doesn't agree. Likewise, everyone be damned who doesn't agree with the material posted by the cons factions. The point is, the Libs and the Cons are effin' liars; one group no better than the other.

Your "internet axiom" is just that; Internet bullshit. You shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet.
On Thu Jul 04, 2013, Ombudsman wrote: People like you are so caught up in sensationalistic headlines, bumper sticker slogans, and whatever else works on a short attention span that you don't seem capable of looking at the facts of the situation.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:11 pm
"front porch Coke machine"?
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:17 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:21 am
Oh wait, I think childish trolls are assholes, too.
It's not really trolling. True, he's looking for a response, but a real troll doesn't really believe his crap, a troll is putting it out there to promote a personal agenda or to offend or to distract, or whatever. Leo's racism comes from the heart, as did trump's "go back to their huts", "shithole countries", desantis' "monkey up" or Allen's macaca, comments....
Not disagreeing with you, just leaving room for all possibilities, and making my feelings clear even if we're a long way from breaking through any denial.

It is especially revealing and disturbing to hear a former narc argue that racism is okay as long as people don't know that you're racist. Of course, that was always more the point of the rug war than "protecting" us from drugs.
Race and the Drug War

The drug war has produced profoundly unequal outcomes across racial groups, manifested through racial discrimination by law enforcement and disproportionate drug war misery suffered by communities of color.

Many different communities of color bear the impact of the discriminatory enforcement of drug laws. This impact may vary across cities and regions. Nationwide, some of the most egregious racial disparities can be seen in the case of African Americans and Latinos.

Higher arrest and incarceration rates for these communities are not reflective of increased prevalence of drug use, but rather of law enforcement’s focus on urban areas, lower income communities and communities of color.

Disparities in arrests and incarceration are seen for both drug possession law violations as well as low-level sales. Those selling small amounts of drugs to support their own drug use may go to jail for decades. This unequal enforcement ignores the universality of drug dependency, as well as the universal appeal of drugs themselves.

We believe that the mass criminalization of people of color, particularly young African Americans, is as profound a system of racial control as the Jim Crow laws were in this country until the mid-1960s....
I'm assuming - a little extra income and probably promoted by Coke salespeople, but the rural areas I traveled typically had a Coke machine on the front porch of one out of every ten or twenty shack homes.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:56 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:02 am
The bullshit you use to brand someone you've never seen as a bigot.
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:10 am
Leo Lyons wrote:"mindless nimrods are wandering the streets and Internet"
Irony.
I don't rely on Internet links because they are sensationalized and biased in one direction or the other. An excellent example is the Liberal-minded links you follow and swallow hook, line, and sinker. If it's Liberal, to you it's the absolute truth, and everyone be damned who doesn't agree. Likewise, everyone be damned who doesn't agree with the material posted by the cons factions. The point is, the Libs and the Cons are effin' liars; one group no better than the other.

Your "internet axiom" is just that; Internet bullshit. You shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet.
On Thu Jul 04, 2013, Ombudsman wrote: People like you are so caught up in sensationalistic headlines, bumper sticker slogans, and whatever else works on a short attention span that you don't seem capable of looking at the facts of the situation.

your words precede you loud and clear.

btw - I've never seen trump or david duke either

but I know all three of you to be racists

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:17 pm
I'm assuming - a little extra income and probably promoted by Coke salespeople, but the rural areas I traveled typically had a Coke machine on the front porch of one out of every ten or twenty shack homes.
Ah.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wait, what, you “rely on” a headline without looking further and that makes more sense than looking then opining? Do tell.

Since when is the AP “Liberal [sic, no cap]”?

Since when is an Idaho-based white supremacist podcast that has already taken credit for similar robocalls in Iowa and California “Liberal”?

You are encouraged to challenge the facts in any link I post. Don’t wimp out, this should be fun.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:42 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Ah.
I've seen Coke machines on front porches. Because low income people couldn't afford refrigerators, local bottlers would give away their old vending machines. Refrigerators and Coke machines heated up the house in the summer, so they were put on the porch. Vending machines were designed for operation in hot or cold outdoor temps, whereas refrigerators are not. Coke machines were put inside during cold weather months to help heat the house.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:19 pm
your words precede you loud and clear.
Your racist radar is working fine then?

btw - I've never seen trump or david duke either
Me either. What's your point?

but I know all three of you to be racists
The old radar thingy again? You've never seen me either.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:25 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:42 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Ah.
I've seen Coke machines on front porches. Because low income people couldn't afford refrigerators, local bottlers would give away their old vending machines. Refrigerators and Coke machines heated up the house in the summer, so they were put on the porch. Vending machines were designed for operation in hot or cold outdoor temps, whereas refrigerators are not. Coke machines were put inside during cold weather months to help heat the house.
Reasonable explanation, thanks, but so many old vending machines? billy.pilgrim says, "one out of every ten or twenty shack homes."
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:54 pm
Wait, what, you “rely on” a headline without looking further and that makes more sense than looking then opining? Do tell.
No. And I don't look for political bashing headlines that I can copy and paste and then haul ass to post them on this debate forum either.

Sorry, Mr. Grammar Cop, I'll try to do better. I was speaking in generalities.

Since when is an Idaho-based white supremacist podcast that has already taken credit for similar robocalls in Iowa and California “Liberal”?
So, what part of "I wouldn't be surprised IF" did you not comprehend?

You are encouraged to challenge the facts in any link I post. Don’t wimp out, this should be fun.
Judging from the sites you frequent; "facts" would be questionable; judging from the cons sites, "facts" also would be questionable.
Fake news, comments, "facts", and quotes from every persuasion are smeared all over the Internet. No thanks, I won;t bother.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:35 pm
Reasonable explanation, thanks, but so many old vending machines? billy.pilgrim says, "one out of every ten or twenty shack homes."
You're welcome. I forgot to mention that Coke machines could be locked to keep out thieves and kids.
I wondered at billydot's statement too; but I wasn't where he was, so I didn't comment.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:01 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:54 pm

No.

Wussy deflection. YOU chose to dispute the events despite being too frightened and lazy to look.

And I don't look for political bashing headlines that I can copy and paste and then haul ass to post them on this debate forum either.

Why would anyone be so stupid as to brag about not posting news to a debate forum? They're certainly better than the OBVIOUS BS blog posts and posters that you prefer.

Sorry, Mr. Grammar Cop, I'll try to do better. I was speaking in generalities.

"generalities" are stupid when you had the specific that you were too frightened and lazy to look at and debunk or not. You're cowering from my question.

So, what part of "I wouldn't be surprised IF" did you not comprehend?

Wussy excuse making. YOU chose to dispute the events despite being too frightened and lazy to look. Have you grown the brains and balls to look yet and would it still not surprise you if it was a liberal false flag? Yep, one more question for you to cower from.

Judging from the sites you frequent; "facts" would be questionable; judging from the cons sites, "facts" also would be questionable.
Fake news, comments, "facts", and quotes from every persuasion are smeared all over the Internet. No thanks, I won;t bother.

I knew that you would cower from the challenge. Pick ANY link that I've recently used. In contrast, we successfully rip apart in detail and with credible citations the BS blog posts and posters that you share.
We do know all about "Fake news".

Liberals Don’t Share or Believe Fake News As Much As Right-Wingers, Study Finds (article)

Polarization, Partisanship and Junk News Consumption over Social Media in the US (study)

You make a huge mistake in thinking that everyone is as stupid and gullible as you and your team are, and your projection is wussy.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:25 pm
Wussy deflection. YOU chose to dispute the events despite being too frightened and lazy to look.
Damn, your radar works good! Why, I was just scared sh*tless! :lol:

Why would anyone be so stupid as to brag about not posting news to a debate forum?
Why would anyone be so stupid as to brag about posting copy & paste to a debate forum? :roll:

"generalities" are stupid when you had the specific that you were too frightened and lazy to look at and debunk or not. You're cowering from my question.
Dammit! Scared sh*tless again! Will you stop doing that?!

Wussy excuse making. YOU chose to dispute the events despite being too frightened and lazy to look. Have you grown the brains and balls to look yet and would it still not surprise you if it was a liberal false flag? Yep, one more question for you to cower from.
So you didn't understand. Pity. Damn if you don't have one vivid imagination. Do you have any friends IRL?

I knew that you would cower from the challenge. Pick ANY link that I've recently used. We do know all about "Fake news".
Yes, your radar is a wonderful thing. You're truly blessed.
You make a huge mistake in thinking that everyone is as stupid and gullible as you and your team are, and your projection is wussy.
You mean as stupid as those who know that people who gather in privacy for any reason are bigoted racists, even if you don't know the content of the gathering? I've never hinted anyone was gullible. My Team? I have no team; WTF are you talking about?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Looked only to see if you were still cowering from the challenge and you are. Didn't bother reading the rest of your whining. Maybe someone will tell me if you ever do grow a pair, not worth my time to look a 3rd time.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:25 pm
Looked only to see.... Didn't bother reading the rest.....
Oh good grief! Do you think anyone really gives a royal rat's ass if you're reading my posts or not? I don't.
Do you really believe you're that special someone? You're the one who needs to grow a pair...if you ever grow up; you have to be a man, though.