2018 elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: 2018 elections

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

This loon is so far out there his siblings are endorsing his opponent.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09 ... d.amp.html
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:10 am
I thought I posted a video of this idiot questioning someone and trying to list the 3 branches of government, but can't find it here. He failed.

It was the same rant where he claimed that because he is a dentist, he is an expert at reading body language.

Yep, he's dumber than a gomert.

Found it. Watch the whole thing at your own risk - the body language funnies are at about the 4 minute mark, but the real funny stupid is just past the 5 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/Qwuz-EH0ND0

We are a constitutional republic, that is why we ... duh

Yep, dumber than a gomert.
What an idiot.

Here's one where you list both Louie Gohmert (R-TX) and Paul Gosar (R-AZ):
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2588&p=79085&hilit=Gosar#p79085

Here's your only other mention of Gohmert that I can find:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=375&p=61601&hilit=Gohmert#p61601

Some other mentions of Gohmert, mostly from Boatrocker:
search.php?keywords=Gohmert
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:22 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:44 pm
In watching the video closely, it's evident it's a lousy editing job. At the point of uttering his infamous words, his head jerks just a bit and there's a slight "hiccup" in his speech. Fake news. From UK. What else is new.
Nothing wrong with skepticism, but what makes you really "special" is that you're stupid enough to express it while being too lazy to google and see if your skepticism is warranted.

I get how desperate you are to get even for all the times that billy.pilgrim and I = Image

have exposed how often you fall for "Fake news", but you really should have learned by now that we're just not as gullible as you are. You make a complete fool of yourself every time.
Civility is just not in your blood, is it? I knew my question to you was fool-hardy, but the result was predictable. I've no reason to "get even" with anyone for any matter; I don't eat, drink, sleep, or breathe narcissist thoughts as you do.
You're a sad case.
Last edited by Leo Lyons on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:48 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:10 am
Yep, he's dumber than a gomert. Yep, dumber than a gomert.
What an idiot.
I thought you and billydot were big buds; now you call him an idiot.

Here's one where you list both Louie Gohmert (R-TX) and Paul Gosar (R-AZ):
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2588&p=79085&hilit=Gosar#p79085

Here's your only other mention of Gohmert that I can find:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=375&p=61601&hilit=Gohmert#p61601

Some other mentions of Gohmert, mostly from Boatrocker:
search.php?keywords=Gohmert

Vrede's subtle corrections of your spelling.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The GOP should have romped in this Senate election given how many Dem Senate seats were up.

The CON RealClearPolitics now rates the election as:
Democrats 44
Republicans 47
Toss Ups 9 (4 currently GOP, 5 currently Dem)
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... e_map.html

RCP now rates the election without Toss Ups as:
Democrats 50
Republicans 50
Repugs would pick up ND and MO, Dems would pick up AZ, NV and TN - TN!
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... s_ups.html

Then there's the House:
Democrats 206
Republicans 189
Toss Ups 40 (38 currently GOP, only 2 currently Dem)
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... e_map.html

Democrats Have A Shot At Winning The Senate -- And Blocking Trump’s Court Picks
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:28 pm
Fun election simulator here...
http://time.com/5412732/midterm-electio ... imulation/
Very different than 538's Senate predictions...

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... rms-header
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Especially so when their lust runs so rampant.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Looks like Kavanaugh, ads, rallies or something hurt the Dems. RCP now says:

Battle for the House 2018
Democrats 205
Republicans 201
Toss Ups 29 - all are currently GOP seats.

Battle for the House 2018 RACE CHANGES
The shift began on Oct. 4.

Still looks like a Dem majority, but tighter than it was.

Battle for the Senate 2018
Democrats 44
Republicans 50
Toss Ups 6 - 4 are currently Dem seats, 2 GOP.

Senate No Toss Ups 2018
Democrats 47
Republicans 53
Net Change GOP +2 - ND, MO. The Dems had and then lost NV & AZ.

Senate No Toss Ups 2018 RACE CHANGES
The shift began on Oct. 3.

2018 Governor Races
Democrats 19
Republicans 23
Toss Ups 8 - 1 is currently a Dem seat, 7 are GOP.

2018 Governor No Toss Ups
Democrats 24
8 Pick-Ups: FL, IL, IA, ME, MI, NM, OH, WI
Republicans 26
1 Pick-Up: AK (is currently Ind)
Net Change DEM +7

If this holds, it'll be great to see:
A black in FL
Walker beaten in WI
King gone in ME
Snyder gone in MI

GA is still very close, +2 GOP
Will OH's Kasich run for POTUS again?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

There are six unnecessary or dangerous constitutional amendments on your ballot this year. We urge you to vote against all six. (You can vote against these six deceptive amendments starting today - Oct. 17th - because early voting has begun across NC!)

An editorial in the Greensboro News & Record sums up these bad amendments (read the full editorial here):

“None of these is a good idea as presented. None rises to the level of requiring constitutional protection. Pitching these ideas to you is bad governing at least and the rawest political power play you can imagine at most…

… The only way to check this power play is for you to reject them all.”

Don’t be fooled! These amendments were written to sound harmless. In fact, they’re bad for North Carolina and amount to a power-grab by legislative leaders that would disrupt long-standing checks and balances in our state government. Here’s a quick breakdown of the amendments and why you should vote AGAINST all six:

Reduce Income Tax to 7 Percent Maximum: This amendment will end up shifting a tax burden to working families and hurt NC’s ability to fund schools and environmental protection.
Require Photo ID to Vote: This amendment could allow lawmakers to revive a discriminatory law that courts have ruled was used to target African-American voters with “surgical precision.”
Judicial Vacancy Sunshine Amendment: This amendment would increase the legislature’s control over appointment of judges, undermining judicial independence.
Bipartisan Elections and Ethics Enforcement: This amendment would give the state legislature control over the commission that oversees our elections and enforces ethics laws.
Protect the Right to Hunt and Fish: This amendment is unnecessary – hunting and fishing rights are not a risk – and it could have unintended consequences that would harm our state’s wildlife.
Strengthening Victim’s Rights: This amendment is unnecessary - lawmakers can already enact laws to protect victims – but this would open the door to unintended chaos in NC’s justice system.

It’s simple - these amendments are misleading and vague. We encourage you to do more research and read more about these deceptive amendments here.

Please vote AGAINST all six when you cast your vote this election.

Thanks,
Brittany

Brittany Iery, Online Organizer
NC Conservation Network
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:06 am
2018 Governor Races

2018 Governor No Toss Ups

GA is still very close, +2 GOP
Georgia Governor - Kemp vs. Abrams

TV news says that GA early voting, which opened Mon. or Tues., is at record levels for a midterm. High turnout is usually good news for Dems.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

We Voted! Lady O and I sent in our ballots today, after some personal experience with Florida's efforts to suppress our vote. A little background: Florida has long been a favorite place for snowbirds and people who live in motorcoaches and boats. Climate, no state income tax, and lots of interesting stuff to do is part of it, but a big part is that Florida, along with Texas and South Dakota, make it easy to be a "mobile" resident. South Dakota goes a little overboard - you can be a SD resident if you spend one night in an RV park, fill out some documents and give them some money. But Florida has always recognized a mailing service address as valid for residency. In addition to the usual UPS Mailbox type places, there are several companies that cater to travelers, providing a valid street address, electronic mail scan, package acceptance, etc. Florida still recognizes these as a valid address. Except for the Election Commission. Apparently after determining that most full-time RV'ers and Boat residents were not Republicans, the Commission sent out a "legal opinion" to the County election boards stating that such addresses were not going to be valid for voter registration. It was annoying, but that didn't bother us personally all that much because we have a leased spot and could use that for a residence address. But a lot of people are going to get screwed out of voting.

But then we got our ballots. You think the "butterfly" ballot was confusing? The Florida mail-in is horrendous. Instead of having an English and Spanish version, they print each voting choice in English and Spanish together, on a page with three columns and no particular marking of sorting. Republican candidate listed first in all cases, of course. But still, if you just look for the "D's" it's pretty manageable. So we finished, put it in the envelope, signed on the outside and noted the envelope said it required 71 cents postage. That's more than one stamp, but 25 cents less than two. So most everybody - particularly anybody on a tight budget, can't just slap a stamp on the envelope and put it out for the mail carrier. They've got to go to a post office, stand on line and get their postage. Again, not much of a problem for us, because we would have had to drop ours off at a post office somewhere anyway, less the stand on line part. So I go inside, give the envelopes to the mail clerk, who weighs them and says "One dollar, please." I'm looking at the 71 cents requirement marked in the corner and ask him is he sure about that. He put it back on the scale and confirmed that one stamp would do it. I told him I'm sure he knew his job, but Florida was trying too hard to suppress voting for me to take a chance on getting it booted for insufficient postage, so he put on the 71 cents. Sons of bitches are hoping people will (a) mess up the ballot; (b) not bother to go to the post office; (c) if they do go to the P.O., accept the one-stamp rate and (d) end up getting the ballot rejected. Flogging is too lenient for these scumbags.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:09 pm
We Voted! Lady O and I sent in our ballots today, after some personal experience with Florida's efforts to suppress our vote....
I urge you to copy this and complain to the state, then CC groups like Common Cause, ACLU and LWV. Maybe even send some papers a letter. Maybe wait until after your votes have been counted, just in case.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, I don't want to lose my vote after working so hard for it. But it's not an unknown nor an ignored problem. There are a couple of lawsuits contesting the residency "opinion" but likely will not be settled before this election day.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:13 pm
Yeah, I don't want to lose my vote after working so hard for it. But it's not an unknown nor an ignored problem. There are a couple of lawsuits contesting the residency "opinion" but likely will not be settled before this election day.
I don't have an opinion on the residency thing. I guess I would set up a mail drop with a friend of family member just for voting stuff if I was a gypsy. But, I do think the confusing ballot and postage glitch are unacceptable.

N.C. Sierra Club 2018 Endorsements
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Been seeing tons and tons of Smith signs, and very little McMaster signs around my area of the upstate. No joke, for every one McMaster sign I've seen about 8 Smith signs. Granted, McMaster in all likelihood will win, but there still seems to be a lot of support for Smith. A lot of people I've spoken to are very excited to vote in this year's election.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:13 am
O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:13 pm
I don't have an opinion on the residency thing. I guess I would set up a mail drop with a friend of family member just for voting stuff if I was a gypsy. But, I do think the confusing ballot and postage glitch are unacceptable.

N.C. Sierra Club 2018 Endorsements
What's funny is that there is actually a provision in the Florida residency requirements covering how a homeless person can become a resident. So even if the Election Commission was on the up and up and thought a person living in a several-hundred-thousand dollar motorcoach or boat was "homeless" it still shouldn't be an issue.

The lawsuits should be successful, but in the meantime, the scum-bags will have shafted at least several thousand more people out of their vote, just like NC losing the gerrymander suit and still using the gerrymandered districts. They're scum.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yep, they're scum.

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:05 am
Been seeing tons and tons of Smith signs, and very little McMaster signs around my area of the upstate. No joke, for every one McMaster sign I've seen about 8 Smith signs. Granted, McMaster in all likelihood will win, but there still seems to be a lot of support for Smith. A lot of people I've spoken to are very excited to vote in this year's election.
Maybe you've got some chances with lesser state races, but RCP says:
McMaster is safe.
No US Senate race this year.
Not even one SC US House seat possibly switching from one party to the other.

Sorry. :(
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:52 pm
Yep, they're scum.

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:05 am
Maybe you've got some chances with lesser state races, but RCP says:
McMaster is safe.
No US Senate race this year.
Not even one SC US House seat possibly switching from one party to the other.

Sorry. :(
Agreed. Will be interesting to see the results of other races. It's coming up quick.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not many options for me this year. :(

Will go all Dems - most will lose, except maybe for the statewide NC Supreme Court and NC Court of Appeals seats.
Lots of local races with unopposed Repugs running.
Against all proposed Constitutional Amendments.

The only research I'll have to do is for School Board.
1312. ETTD.