Tweety Birds

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Tweety Birds

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:52 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:37 am
8 out of 18 times

All it took a was one MAGAt to deny the proof and undo a year's work.
Ah, I should have clicked on the link before posting :oops: . I just responded to the quote. Must have been tough getting those 8.

I didn't click it either. I just responded to the news that this particular MAGAt was the lone hold out on 10 charges. Charges that 11 rational adults unanimously found guilty.

This is how all future trials against trump will likely play out.

Question

How did prosecutors allow a full blown trumpette on the jury?
Did she lie during the selection process?
Can she be charged with lying to the court?
Should she be hung?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:30 am
I didn't click it either. I just responded to the news that this particular MAGAt was the lone hold out on 10 charges. Charges that 11 rational adults unanimously found guilty.

Question

Should she be hung?

I was going to say:
No if it's a man, it's difficult to fight their Y-chromosome imprinting.
Yes if it's a woman. ;)
However, Faux Noise interviewed a female Trumpette juror who does not reveal the gender of the holdout Trumpette juror.
Your link since we're on a new page:
Manafort juror reveals lone holdout prevented Mueller team from convicting on all counts
I'd also be curious why this didn't come into play:
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:21 am
I don't have an opinion as to what will happen, but here are some Pollyanna scenarios:

... A biased Trumpette would have been recognized by other jurors, who would have gotten the judge to replace her/him with an alternate....

Donald Trump Sparks Outrage By Tweeting White Nationalist Talking Point

:roll: :oII
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:51 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Question

Should she be hung?

I was going to say:
Yes if it's a woman. ;)
However, Faux Noise interviewed a female Trumpette juror who does not reveal the gender of the holdout Trumpette juror.
Manafort juror reveals lone holdout prevented Mueller team from convicting on all counts
Poll: Mueller approval rating jumps 11 points

... The poll revealed that 59 percent of registered voters approve of Mueller’s investigation, marking an 11-point jump from respondents who said the same in a July Fox News poll. Thirty-seven percent of respondents said they disapprove of Mueller's probe.
It's funny, I first heard about this poll on MSNBC, so I went looking on Faux Noise. I tried "mueller approval poll", "mueller approval" and "mueller poll" - no results. I was able to link to it from this The Hill article, http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08 ... l-822.html , but it's in this raw and not very user-friendly format. Now that I knew what to search for, I tried "Fox News Poll". This is it, apparently no article at all anywhere. :roll: We're lucky that we have MSNBC and The Hill to tell us about news that Faux Noise pays for and generates, aren't we?

"The poll was conducted by telephone with live interviewers August 19-21, 2018 among a random national sample of 1,009 registered voters (RV)."

Only August 21 (Super Tuesday!) would have included people that knew about the Manafort and Cohen convictions, but they were imminent before that. If Manafort had skated, Mueller’s support would have soon been in the toilet. I think non-holdout Trumpette juror Paula Duncan should win some sort of integrity or courage award.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:05 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:51 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Question

Should she be hung?

I was going to say:
Yes if it's a woman. ;)
Poll: Mueller approval rating jumps 11 points

... The poll revealed that 59 percent of registered voters approve of Mueller’s investigation, marking an 11-point jump from respondents who said the same in a July Fox News poll. Thirty-seven percent of respondents said they disapprove of Mueller's probe.
It's funny, I first heard about this poll on MSNBC, so I went looking on Faux Noise. I tried "mueller approval poll", "mueller approval" and "mueller poll" - no results. I was able to link to it from this The Hill article, http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08 ... l-822.html , but it's in this raw and not very user-friendly format. Now that I knew what to search for, I tried "Fox News Poll". This is it, apparently no article at all anywhere. :roll: We're lucky that we have MSNBC and The Hill to tell us about news that Faux Noise pays for and generates, aren't we?

"The poll was conducted by telephone with live interviewers August 19-21, 2018 among a random national sample of 1,009 registered voters (RV)."

Only August 21 (Super Tuesday!) would have included people that knew about the Manafort and Cohen convictions, but they were imminent before that. If Manafort had skated, Mueller’s support would have soon been in the toilet. I think non-holdout Trumpette juror Paula Duncan should win some sort of integrity or courage award.

I misunderstood earlier and agree.

Another question

Will she get death threats?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:01 pm
... Will she get death threats?
Maybe, but I doubt it.
Trumpettes went into 'coffee boy' mode on Manafort long ago.
The mixed verdicts don't give the paranoid crybabies much of a conspiracy to grab on to.
I should say not serious or numerous ones. Anyone can say, "Die, bitch," on facebook.

She says:
... But the verdict gave Duncan a license to share her story without fear.

“Had the verdict gone any other way, I might have been,” Duncan said....
"any other way" - despite being a Trumpette, it sounds like she's saying that all guiltys or all acquittals would have been worse. If so, quite fair and reasonable of her.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Donald Trump Was Forced To Unblock Twitter Critics. Now They're Getting Sweet Revenge.

President Donald Trump ― or whoever has access to his Twitter account ― apparently spent part of Tuesday evening unblocking users.

Since taking office, Trump has blocked a number of people for criticizing him or even just cracking jokes at his expense, including celebrities such as model Chrissy Teigen and author Stephen King.

However, in May, a federal judge said Trump’s blocks were unconstitutional as his Twitter feed was a public forum which “has been used in the course of the appointment of officers (including cabinet secretaries), the removal of officers and the conduct of foreign policy.”

U.S. District Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald advised Trump to use Twitter’s “mute” function instead and asked the president and White House social media director Dan Scavino to unblock the users. So Trump unblocked the seven plaintiffs in the lawsuit filed by the Knight First Amendment Institute, but not the others he had previously blocked.

Although the Justice Department announced in June that it would appeal, earlier this month, Knight asked the White House to unblock an additional 41 accounts. On Tuesday night, that happened ― at least for some of them.

Knight is now asking others who have been Trump-blocked to get in touch....
:---P
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

With friends like these.....
Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
Two long running, Obama era, investigations of two very popular Republican Congressmen were brought to a well publicized charge, just ahead of the Mid-Terms, by the Jeff Sessions Justice Department. Two easy wins now in doubt because there is not enough time. Good job Jeff......
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:57 pm
With friends like these.....
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Two long running, Obama era, investigations of two very popular Republican Congressmen were brought to a well publicized charge, just ahead of the Mid-Terms, by the Jeff Sessions Justice Department. Two easy wins now in doubt because there is not enough time. Good job Jeff......
Wow, that's blatant. Comments:
Are you implying that it’s the Attorney General’s job to quash investigations of your political allies?
No, he's saying it outright!
Somewhere out there is a federal employee who just found out that Trump canceled his pay raise. And that employee has access to Trump’s tax returns.
:lol:
So what do you suggest? Letting the crooks run wild so that Republicans can win more House seats?
Josh Campbell

Sounds like he’s suggesting political ramifications *should* factor into prosecutorial decisions. 🤔
Josh I'm glad you are good at interpreting his nonsense. I gave up a long time ago 😂
It's no coincidence that @realDonaldTrump attacks our top Russian crime investigators -

Trump’s Top Targets in the Russia Probe Are Experts in Organized Crime
Some of President Trump’s favorite targets in the Russia probe have spent their careers in the Justice Department and the FBI investigating organized crime and money laundering, particularly as they pertain to Russia.
In nearly three decades at the Justice Department, Mr. Ohr has made a career of supporting and facilitating important cases that targeted Russian organized crime.

Bruce Ohr Fought Russian Organized Crime. Now He’s a Target of Trump.
Well, when you put it this way...!!

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

This is interesting:
Trump escalates attacks on his attorney general

... The first two Republicans to endorse Trump in the Republican presidential primaries were indicted on separate charges last month: Rep. Duncan Hunter of California on charges that included spending campaign funds for personal expenses and Rep. Chris Collins of New York on insider trading. Both have proclaimed their innocence....
Possibilities:

1. Complete coincidence.
2. Trumpettes are being targeted by the GOP DoJ.
3. Corrupt pols are more likely to support POSPOTUS sooner.

The headline writer misses the boat. The spat with Sessions is entertaining, but POSPOTUS is openly attacking the legal MANDATE that prosecutions not be guided by politics. That is an attack on America.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Ben Sasse growing a pair.

Banana 🍌republic...

Up for reelection in 2020. Guessing he won't be on Queeg 's Christmas card list.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Isn’t it a shame that someone can write an article or book, totally make up stories and form a picture of a person that is literally the exact opposite of the fact, and get away with it without retribution or cost. Don’t know why Washington politicians don’t change libel laws?
6:33 AM · Sep 5, 2018
DAMN YOU FIRST AMENDMENT!!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:08 am
Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Isn’t it a shame that someone can write an article or book, totally make up stories and form a picture of a person that is literally the exact opposite of the fact, and get away with it without retribution or cost. Don’t know why Washington politicians don’t change libel laws?
6:33 AM · Sep 5, 2018
DAMN YOU FIRST AMENDMENT!!

Wasn't there some sort of bullshit story concerning trump and someone's birth certificate or was it Cruz being involved in JFK'S assassination or was it ...?

Nah, probably wasn't trump pushing a lie. He only says the truth.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The 2010s will be known to history as the decade when irony died.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
Kim Jong Un of North Korea proclaims “unwavering faith in President Trump.” Thank you to Chairman Kim. We will get it done together!
Quite the endorsement, I feel better.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Billions of dollars are, and will be, coming into United States coffers because of Tariffs. Great also for negotiations - if a country won’t give us a fair Trade Deal, we will institute Tariffs on them. Used or not, jobs and businesses will be created. U.S. respected again!
Ummm,
Any money raised through tariffs is paid by US consumers. He's bragging about indirectly increasing taxes on them;
Jobs and businesses will be destroyed by retaliatory tariffs and by manufacturing for export moving offshore;
A trade war, like suicide, has never led to respect.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:52 pm
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Billions of dollars are, and will be, coming into United States coffers because of Tariffs. Great also for negotiations - if a country won’t give us a fair Trade Deal, we will institute Tariffs on them. Used or not, jobs and businesses will be created. U.S. respected again!
Ummm,
Any money raised through tariffs is paid by US consumers. He's bragging about indirectly increasing taxes on them;
Jobs and businesses will be destroyed by retaliatory tariffs and by manufacturing for export moving offshore;
A trade war, like suicide, has never led to respect.
it works for the GOP in that it helps hide the actual damages to the debt caused by their tax cuts

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Probably better suited for the Can't Make This shit up thread after trump and the rights freak out over Hillary and her phones, but this is about the twit's tweets.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... se-747145/

Oh, and I did not use a phone or any other electronic device to post this message. You can believe me about that.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

@realDonaldTrump
Funny how lowly rated CNN, and others, can criticize me at will, even blaming me for the current spate of Bombs and ridiculously comparing this to September 11th and the Oklahoma City bombing, yet when I criticize them they go wild and scream, “it’s just not Presidential!”
3:14 AM · Oct 26, 2018
3:14 a.m.
Do you know where your children are?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:03 am
@realDonaldTrump
Funny how lowly rated CNN, and others, can criticize me at will, even blaming me for the current spate of Bombs and ridiculously comparing this to September 11th and the Oklahoma City bombing, yet when I criticize them they go wild and scream, “it’s just not Presidential!”
3:14 AM · Oct 26, 2018
3:14 a.m.
Do you know where your children are?
First posted at 2:48 and then deleted

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
Republicans are doing so well in early voting, and at the polls, and now this “Bomb” stuff happens and the momentum greatly slows - news not talking politics. Very unfortunate, what is going on. Republicans, go out and vote!
Soooooo presidential.