Tweety Birds

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Tweety Birds

Unread post by Vrede too »

Dear President Trump, please never tweet about soccer again

Donald Trump tweeted about soccer on Thursday. And, in a wholly unsurprising development, he had no idea what he is talking about.

Specifically, President Trump tweeted about the North American bid to host the 2026 World Cup. And if he would like that bid to succeed, he would be best off never tweeting about it again.

Trump effectively threatened political repercussions for countries whose soccer federations don’t vote for the “United Bid” – the U.S., Canada and Mexico – over its only competitor, Morocco.
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

The U.S. has put together a STRONG bid w/ Canada & Mexico for the 2026 World Cup. It would be a shame if countries that we always support were to lobby against the U.S. bid. Why should we be supporting these countries when they don’t support us (including at the United Nations)?
And for a few reasons, for the sake of the United Bid, that’s about the worst thing the president could have spent his Thursday evening doing.

Trump basically just broke FIFA rules

First of all, and probably most importantly, FIFA, global soccer’s governing body, has a rule that explicitly prohibits “any form of political interference” in the sport. And in the past, national soccer federations – such as, recently, Pakistan’s and Guatemala’s – have been suspended from international competition for violating the rule....

But the bigger issue here is that, because of FIFA’s rule, the United States government’s “support” of other nations at a political level has nothing to do with who will vote for whom on June 13. Countries don’t vote; their soccer federations do. If politicians are influencing those federations, that constitutes government interference, and FIFA can take action....

Essentially, the North American bid is asking for votes from 207 people, or groups of people, whose fellow citizens don’t like the U.S. because they don’t like Trump. A recent Gallup poll of people in 134 countries revealed that the worldwide approval rating of U.S. leadership has dipped to 30 percent, the lowest recorded since the poll was first conducted over a decade ago....
Looks like my calendar just cleared for 2026, unless I go to Morocco.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
4h
Mr. Cohen, an attorney, received a monthly retainer, not from the campaign and having nothing to do with the campaign, from which he entered into, through reimbursement, a private contract between two parties, known as a non-disclosure agreement, or NDA. These agreements are.....

...very common among celebrities and people of wealth. In this case it is in full force and effect and will be used in Arbitration for damages against Ms. Clifford (Daniels). The agreement was used to stop the false and extortionist accusations made by her about an affair,......

.despite already having signed a detailed letter admitting that there was no affair. Prior to its violation by Ms. Clifford and her attorney, this was a private agreement. Money from the campaign, or campaign contributions, played no roll in this transaction.
Yeah ok, Queeg wrote that. 😶💤
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:53 am
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
4h
Mr. Cohen, an attorney, received a monthly retainer, not from the campaign and having nothing to do with the campaign, from which he entered into, through reimbursement, a private contract between two parties, known as a non-disclosure agreement, or NDA. These agreements are.....

...very common among celebrities and people of wealth. In this case it is in full force and effect and will be used in Arbitration for damages against Ms. Clifford (Daniels). The agreement was used to stop the false and extortionist accusations made by her about an affair,......

.despite already having signed a detailed letter admitting that there was no affair. Prior to its violation by Ms. Clifford and her attorney, this was a private agreement. Money from the campaign, or campaign contributions, played no roll in this transaction.

"people of wealth" have different rules
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

... Money from the campaign, or campaign contributions, played no roll in this transaction.
I would get a lawyer that knows the difference between "roll" and 'role', but maybe that's just me.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:25 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

... Money from the campaign, or campaign contributions, played no roll in this transaction.
I would get a lawyer that knows the difference between "roll" and 'role', but maybe that's just me.
Dunno, seems right. The country is obviously getting rolled, makes perfect sense for them to deny it.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:12 pm
The country is obviously getting rolled, makes perfect sense for them to deny it.
That's what I don't understand about Trump voters who claim to have regrets. Trump is acting 100% consistently with how he acted all through the election cycle. You can label his presidency with many words, but "surprising" is not one of them.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I like what Avenetti said about "Trump's" tweet: "you can tell a lawyer wrote that for him - just count the commas in the first sentence" :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 1:31 pm
I like what Avenetti said about "Trump's" tweet: "you can tell a lawyer wrote that for him - just count the commas in the first sentence" :lol:
I would love to see someone ask Dolt .45 to elaborate on the meaning and significance of "his" tweets on the matter.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:00 pm
I would love to see someone ask Dolt .45 to elaborate on the meaning and significance of "his" tweets on the matter.
I expect we'll see university philosophy, psychology, law and performance art courses on the meaning and significance of Trump's tweets. All with different conclusions.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:32 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:00 pm
I expect we'll university philosophy, psychology, law and performance art courses on the meaning and significance of Trump's tweets. All with different conclusions.
I'll wait for the musical.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:39 pm
I'll wait for the musical.
Good idea. It can be a sequel to Hamilton.

Mike Pence's visit to the Hamilton production can provide provide the segue.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The Fake News is working overtime. Just reported that, despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else, 91% of the Network News about me is negative (Fake). Why do we work so hard in working with the media when it is corrupt? Take away credentials?
6:38 AM · May 9, 2018

Please, please, please, that'd be so much fun.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

So sad to see the Terror Attack in Paris. At some point countries will have to open their eyes & see what is really going on. This kind of sickness & hatred is not compatible with a loving, peaceful, & successful country! Changes to our thought process on terror must be made.
He has yet to mention the white Waffle House shooter or to praise the unarmed black that stopped him. Apparently, we are ONLY supposed to "open (our) eyes & see what is really going on" if the perp is Muslim.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
4h
The so-called leaks coming out of the White House are a massive over exaggeration put out by the Fake News Media in order to make us look as bad as possible. With that being said, leakers are traitors and cowards, and we will find out who they are!
That's loopy even for President* Queeg.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
5h
Thank you to the Washington Examiner and @CortesSteve on the great article - on WINNING
Channeling his inner Charlie Sheen. How long until we hear about his "Tiger Blood"?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Every single one of Trump's tweets pertaining to GOP candidates and their opponents:

"Elect GOP candidate X. His/her opponent, candidate Y, is weak on crime, the border, and the military."
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The World has taken a big step back from potential Nuclear catastrophe! No more rocket launches, nuclear testing or research! The hostages are back home with their families. Thank you to Chairman Kim, our day together was historic!
7:27 PM · Jun 12, 2018
Dumb fuck thinks he solved this thing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The World has taken a big step back from potential Nuclear catastrophe! No more rocket launches, nuclear testing or research! The hostages are back home with their families. Thank you to Chairman Kim, our day together was historic!
7:27 PM · Jun 12, 2018
Dumb fuck thinks he solved this thing.
And millions of even dumber fucks think he is the savior.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!
4:56 AM · Jun 13, 2018
I feel safer (BTW, did anyone tell North Korea they are no longer a nuclear power?)

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Let's see - North Korea has been an outcast for 70 years, with sanction after sanction applied to keep them in isolation and general misery and to make life as hard on them as possible. I have no idea why they would feel threatened over that, but apparently they have. So the dictator family sought some nuclear power to either protect themselves or to make them more street-respectable in the world. It wasn't easy, with everything they got or achieved having to be done on the downlow, with nobody willing to publicly sell them materials, technology. So from scraps and junk-yard parts, they finally got a possibly-working nuclear "arsenal" capable of at least making their international tormentors nervous. Having that "arsenal" and the potential threat of it was likely (in their view in particular) the catalyst of getting to a position of strength where they could "graciously" be a joint Olympic participant with S. Korea and look like a real country. And which got Kim a meeting with the President* of the US.

So sure, I can believe that after a 45 meeting meeting with Trump that Kim would just say "never mind, we'll just trash everything we've worked for and on for over 50 years, from which we seem to have achieved a positive result.

Sure. That's the ticket.