Tweety Birds

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Tweety Birds

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:38 pm
And his very limited attention span that probably didn't let him watch the entire segment (which was outstanding).
Dan Rather
‏Verified account @DanRather

This is apparently what the President of the United States feels the need to share with the world at what should be long past his bedtime? It's a disgrace. It's racist. And it's the product of petty but dangerous hatreds. I repeat this is the PRESIDENT??!?
Don Lemon
‏Verified account @donlemon

Who’s the real dummy? A man who puts kids in classrooms or one who puts kids in cages? #BeBest

LeBron James launches new 'I Promise' School (short video)
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:35 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:38 pm
And his very limited attention span that probably didn't let him watch the entire segment (which was outstanding).
Dan Rather
‏Verified account @DanRather

This is apparently what the President of the United States feels the need to share with the world at what should be long past his bedtime? It's a disgrace. It's racist. And it's the product of petty but dangerous hatreds. I repeat this is the PRESIDENT??!?
Don Lemon
‏Verified account @donlemon

Who’s the real dummy? A man who puts kids in classrooms or one who puts kids in cages? #BeBest

LeBron James launches new 'I Promise' School (short video)
MJ responds:
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news ... bb9ll3o2s3
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:17 pm
MJ responds:
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news ... bb9ll3o2s3
:thumbup:
CNN Communications
‏Verified account @CNNPR

Sounds like @FLOTUS had the remote last night. 📺 We hope you both saw the incredible work of @KingJames. #BeBest
Melania Trump praises LeBron James after her husband bashes NBA star

She threw him under a Slovenian bus.

Also, Ohio is a swing state and Lebron is probably its most popular (former) resident.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

and dunald throws jr under the bus

yes he did tweet,
"a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent"

"I did not know about it!"

send jr to jail, lock him up
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:33 pm
Also, Ohio is a swing state and Lebron is probably its most popular (former) resident.
There's a special election for a US House seat in Ohio Tuesday. POSPOTUS won the district by 11%, the Repug was already struggling with just a 1% lead, Dolt .45 attacked Ohio's favorite person 4 days ahead of time. Not knowing the early voting numbers, I'll go out on a limb here - I think enough Repugs will be annoyed and stay home that the Dem wins.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:17 pm
and dunald throws jr under the bus ...
For conspiracy, perhaps abetting hacking, and campaign finance violations. ANY acceptance of or attempt to accept something of value to a campaign from a foreign government, even if otherwise legal unlike the hacking, is illegal.

He's also thrown himself under the bus. The admission of the purpose of the meeting makes all of his lies about it obstruction/coverup.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:04 pm
Vrede too wrote:
There's a special election for a US House seat in Ohio Tuesday. POSPOTUS won the district by 11%, the Repug was already struggling with just a 1% lead, Dolt .45 attacked Ohio's favorite person 4 days ahead of time. Not knowing the early voting numbers, I'll go out on a limb here - I think enough Repugs will be annoyed and stay home that the Dem wins.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
For conspiracy, perhaps abetting hacking, and campaign finance violations. ANY acceptance of or attempt to accept something of value to a campaign from a foreign government, even if otherwise legal unlike the hacking, is illegal.

He's also thrown himself under the bus. The admission of the purpose of the meeting makes all of his lies about it obstruction/coverup.
he is involved in the most despicable things a US president has ever done in the open, yet he has the full support of Congress and cannot be removed from office. further, it seems increasingly likely that there will be jury nullification in all trails against his co-conspirators
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

California wildfires are being magnified & made so much worse by the bad environmental laws which aren’t allowing massive amount of readily available water to be properly utilized. It is being diverted into the Pacific Ocean. Must also tree clear to stop fire spreading!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 5, 2018
His ability to top his own previous stupidity is impressive.

"He failed to express condolences to the families of the victims, thank firefighters, or offer comfort to Californians afraid for their lives, homes and communities."
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.politifact.com/texas/statem ... l-fascism/

Not trump, but definitely a dumbass Greg Abbott pushes fake quote on twitter.

If it weren't for fake quotes, they'd have no quotes at all.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Cadet Bone Spurs speaks..... -0-?
Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
How can “Senator” Richard Blumenthal, who went around for twenty years as a Connecticut politician bragging that he was a great Marine war hero in Vietnam (then got caught and sobbingly admitted he was neither a Marine nor ever in Vietnam), pass judgement on anyone? Loser!
7:56 PM · Aug 16, 2018

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:14 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:04 pm
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

he is involved in the most despicable things a US president has ever done in the open, yet he has the full support of Congress and cannot be removed from office. further, it seems increasingly likely that there will be jury nullification in all trails against his co-conspirators
And the manager jury is still out. More than enough evidence to convict with a few hours deliberation.

From here, I think I see a trumpette on this jury, as well as future juries.
Jared could be the exception - the average maga man may not lie during jury selection for someone outside the christian faith.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

More than enough evidence to convict Manafort on some counts while on coffee break. But there's 18 counts of very complex issues and a jury not made up of financial professionals. Remember it's not an all or nothing decision - each count stands separately. But yeah, there could be a trumpette hiding out in the jury.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Damn spelchicx! I wrote manafort, not manager.

Thanks for understanding.

We've never experienced anything so rabidly cult like as trump's supporters. They've threatened the judge, they've threatened a juror, they've threatened Muller, they threatened a civil war if trump lost the election, they're still threatening a war if trump is impeached and they also represent some 30% of the population.

They do His bidding.

So tell me how a jury is selected that doesn't have at least one of these idiots poised to save his Savior by lying about his trump love during jury selection?

I hope I'm wrong. Maybe manafort is too removed from trump and they won't care.

But they do walk among us.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:52 am
Damn spelchicx! I wrote manafort, not manager.

Thanks for understanding.

He was campaign manager. You could have gotten away with letting us think it was intentional. :D

We've never experienced anything so rabidly cult like as trump's supporters. They've threatened the judge, they've threatened a juror, they've threatened Muller, they threatened a civil war if trump lost the election, they're still threatening a war if trump is impeached and they also represent some 30% of the population.

They do His bidding.

So tell me how a jury is selected that doesn't have at least one of these idiots poised to save his Savior by lying about his trump love during jury selection?

I hope I'm wrong. Maybe manafort is too removed from trump and they won't care.

But they do walk among us.
As O Really says, "yeah, there could be a trumpette hiding out in the jury."

I don't have an opinion as to what will happen, but here are some Pollyanna scenarios:

Fewer Trumpettes than it seems, especially in now solid blue Virginia's DC suburbs, none ended up in the pool.
Trumpettes are too stupid to conceal their bias, got struck from the panel.
A biased Trumpette would have been recognized by other jurors, who would have gotten the judge to replace her/him with an alternate.
A biased Trumpette wouldn't necessarily see protecting Manafort as protecting Dolt .45. He was also a victim of Manafort or whatever.
The weight of the evidence is so great that even a diehard Trumpette can't deny it.
Most Trumpettes are only bat shit crazy online or at MAGA rallies. When sitting in a room with rational adults, they are persuadable.

One anti-Pollyanna scenario besides a crypto-Trumpette: The prosecution did a poor job of trying this uber-complex case, partly due to Gates, and a hung jury is not due to pro-POSPOTUS bias. This is the gamble the defense is relying on by not calling any witnesses (or the fix is in :shock: ). Clearly, acquittals on some or all of the charges won't be due to MAGA love.

Whatever happens, this is only the first trial, on bank fraud and tax charges. The second trial in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia for conspiracy against the United States, making false statements, money laundering, and failing to register as a foreign agent for Ukraine is scheduled to begin in September 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trials_of_Paul_Manafort
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges, mistrial declared on remaining 10

... Manafort was found guilty of five counts of tax fraud charges, one charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, and two counts of bank fraud. In total, the guilty counts could carry a lengthy prison sentence for Manafort, who is 69 years old....

Prosecutors now have until Aug. 29 to decide whether they will seek a retrial for the charges on which the jury deadlocked. Manafort will remain in custody and faces another trial on Sept. 17 in a Washington courtroom, where he will be tried on charges of failing to register as a foreign agent, money laundering and obstruction of justice....
No acquittals.

:---P
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:51 pm

... Manafort was found guilty of five counts of tax fraud charges, one charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, and two counts of bank fraud. In total, the guilty counts could carry a lengthy prison sentence for Manafort, who is 69 years old....

Prosecutors now have until Aug. 29 to decide whether they will seek a retrial for the charges on which the jury deadlocked. Manafort will remain in custody and faces another trial on Sept. 17 in a Washington courtroom, where he will be tried on charges of failing to register as a foreign agent, money laundering and obstruction of justice....
No acquittals.

Seems legit

I'll admit that I fully believed in 2008 that election fraud would give us palin and simple.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:22 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:51 pm

No acquittals.

Seems legit

I'll admit that I fully believed in 2008 that election fraud would give us palin and simple.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ?ocid=AMZN

"Finding Mr. Manafort guilty was hard for me, I wanted him to be innocent, I really wanted him to be innocent, but he wasn’t,” Duncan said. “That’s the part of a juror, you have to have due diligence and deliberate and look at the evidence and come up with an informed and intelligent decision, which I did.”

"Every day when I drove, I had my Make America Great Again hat in the backseat,” said Duncan, who plans to vote for Trump again in 2020. “Just as a reminder.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:59 pm

"Finding Mr. Manafort guilty was hard for me, I wanted him to be innocent, I really wanted him to be innocent, but he wasn’t,” Duncan said. “That’s the part of a juror, you have to have due diligence and deliberate and look at the evidence and come up with an informed and intelligent decision, which I did.”

"Every day when I drove, I had my Make America Great Again hat in the backseat,” said Duncan, who plans to vote for Trump again in 2020. “Just as a reminder.”
:wave:
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:21 am
I don't have an opinion as to what will happen, but here are some Pollyanna scenarios:

... A biased Trumpette wouldn't necessarily see protecting Manafort as protecting Dolt .45. He was also a victim of Manafort or whatever.
The weight of the evidence is so great that even a diehard Trumpette can't deny it.
Most Trumpettes are only bat shit crazy online or at MAGA rallies. When sitting in a room with rational adults, they are persuadable.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:50 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:59 pm

:wave:
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:21 am

... A biased Trumpette wouldn't necessarily see protecting Manafort as protecting Dolt .45. He was also a victim of Manafort or whatever.
Most Trumpettes are only bat shit crazy online or at MAGA rallies. When sitting in a room with rational adults, they are persuadable.]
8 out of 18 times

All it took a was one MAGAt to deny the proof and undo a year's work.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:37 am
8 out of 18 times

All it took a was one MAGAt to deny the proof and undo a year's work.
Ah, I should have clicked on the link before posting :oops: . I just responded to the quote. Must have been tough getting those 8.
1312. ETTD.