Scheduled Maintenance 4-12-2018 FYI

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Scheduled Maintenance 4-12-2018 FYI

Unread post by bannination »

(Note: If services don't come back up correctly, I may not be around to correct any problems until after 5pm)

Start: 2018-04-12 17:00 UTC
End: 2018-04-12 18:00 UTC

Hi there,

DigitalOcean is working to mitigate the industry-wide security vulnerabilities known as Meltdown and Spectre. As part of our mitigation efforts, we have planned an ongoing maintenance that will affect all Droplets in all regions. During the one hour window noted above, we will be performing reboots on a small portion of our fleet. This will result in your Droplets, listed below, being offline for the duration of the reboot.

We have dedicated all available resources to this maintenance to ensure your Droplets are back online as quickly as possible. We are performing this maintenance outside of our typical overnight maintenance windows so that we can maximize our available resources for issues that might arise and continue to maintain service levels for our users.

You can read more about the reason for these reboots here: https://blog.digitalocean.com/a-message ... y-findings

This reboot will not automatically patch your Droplet, you should follow this guide to do so, and we encourage you to continue to update as more mitigation patches are pushed into repositories: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/ ... rabilities

If you have any questions, please reply to this email and our support team will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,
DigitalOcean

Affected Droplets:
blueridgedebate.com

rstrong
Captain

Re: Scheduled Maintenance 4-12-2018 FYI

Unread post by rstrong »

bannination wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:56 pm
If you have any questions, please reply to this email and our support team will be happy to assist you.
If I were running the forum I'd be asking a question:

Do our droplets have access to speakers on the servers so that we can make them scream as they're shut down?

If you're shutting down a significant number of servers at once, it really ought to sound like a Duck Army.

bannination
Captain

Screenshot from 2018-04-10 19-34-39.png
Hopefully that lands on someone with a sense of humor, if our server disappears and never comes back blame rstrong! :clap:

bannination
Captain

I guess that's a no? :lol:
Screenshot from 2018-04-11 17-15-14.png

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

:lol: :clap: :thumbup:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Is it really safe or should we be sweating droplets over this?
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:48 pm
Is it really safe or should we be sweating droplets over this?
If they're horse sized ducks I'd be really concerned, but given their size.......