AGT

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

AGT

Unread post by Vrede too »

America's Got Talent (season 13) - Quarterfinals

I screwed up the entire America's Got Talent topic by posting too many videos. Page loading is really slow. So, new thread, just links to videos, few or no actual videos.

That was it for the quarterfinals. Last results tonight. Just 2 of 12 acts I liked, 7 will advance.
Brian King Joseph: Viral Violinist With Nerve Disease SLAYS! | America's Got Talent 2018

I still like him, but feel like he's plateaued. I don't expect him to win and won't be crushed whenever he's stopped.
Most watched audition in AGT history - 320M views.

Zurcaroh: Best Dance Group RECREATE Adam & Eve In Heaven! | America's Got Talent 2018

Wow, what a show! They're so young, too. Bet they'll make it through the semis and into the finals. I would vote for them over the Filipino and Dominican dance groups that I also love.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: AGT

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Nobody else here has a TV?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:55 am
Probably not their kind of show. wneglia, Stinger (?) and Boatrocker (?) used to like to chat about it. I just post here in case someone wants to see something cool and to keep a running record for myself.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:41 am
Leo Lyons wrote:
Probably not their kind of show. wneglia, Stinger (?) and Boatrocker (?) used to like to chat about it. I just post here in case someone wants to see something cool and to keep a running record for myself.
:thumbsup: :sunny:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Both advanced. Neither had to wait for the audience and judge's saves, so were somewhere in 1st through 5th places out of 7. :thumbup:

Also advanced:

A danger guy, swords, crossbows, BFKs etc. - not that exciting for me, judge's save, 7th or 8th?
A singing duo - too sweet and non-daring to win
An opera-style singer of rock, most recently Aerosmith - not my thing but he's good, audience save, easily I think (they give an early tally), may have been in 6th
Two more singers :roll:

I don't think any of the singers will top all 3 of the mid-teen girl singers from the other quarterfinals, but what do I know? I like the electric violinist and the acrobatic group against any of the others from last night, and the acrobatic group to challenge for it all.

In the semis, all:

Electric violinist
Close-up magician - very good, doubt any magic act can win
2 stand-up comics - ugh
Filipino and Dominican dance groups - I think Zurcaroh from this week has them beat

Danger guy
Trapeze Duo, better than danger guy

12 singing acts :roll:

Angel City Chorale (needed an audience save)
Voices of Hope Coir - I like Angel City more

Singing duo, Singing trio (also sweet and non-daring)
3 mid-teen girl singers - GO Courtney Hadwin!
5 other solo singers

Predictions are iffy since I don't know which 11 compete next week and 10 the week after and am not sure how many make the finals - maybe 10 to 12? A combination of who I like and think will advance is:

Trapeze Duo
Angel City Chorale
Courtney Hadwin, mid-teen girl singer
Zurcaroh acrobatic group , then fine with me if the 2 dance groups also advance, can't pick between the 2 of them

Electric violinist, maaaybe
Close-up magician, maaaybe

No telling how many singing acts America can stomach. Those are my top 8, likely unreasonably skewed against the singing acts to some degree.

Ratings trivia:

Nightly 1st 14 weeks out of 15, 2nd to Big Brother one night
Weekly 1st 9 weeks out of 12, 2nd to Big Brother that one week, 3rd 2 weeks

Simon Cowell just received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He deserves it.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Semifinals, week 1 of 2

11 acts, 5 advance, results tonight. Tough to pick, they're all pretty good now.
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:13 am
I probably won't want them to win it all, but a couple of good singers, both nurses!:

Michael Ketterer: Father Of 6 Scores Golden Buzzer From Simon Cowell - America's Got Talent 2018
Artistically - Not my thing, good at it, though.
Personally - 6 foster kids. :-||
Professionally - Pediatric psych nurse. :-|| :-||

Michael Ketterer: The Guy Who Made Simon Cowell Cry SLAYS Again! | America's Got Talent 2018

The 5 I like, not all will go through:

1 of 5 singing acts - 3 solo including another mid-teen girl that's pretty good, a bubble gum duo and a kids choir that's pretty good.

Makayla Phillips: (15 year old singer) Rising Star Delivers STUNNING Performance! | America's Got Talent 2018

:clap:
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:07 am
Shin Lim: He's The World's Smoothest (and Sexiest!) Close-Up Magician! | America's Got Talent 2018

Magic, especially card tricks, ain't really my thing, but he's excellent at what he does.
Watch close, not that it will help.

Shin Lim: The World’s Best Close-up Magician SHOCKS! (DO NOT BLINK) | America's Got Talent 2018

:o
Vrede too wrote:
Junior New System: HIGH HEEL Dance Boys Bring Pinoy Power To America! | America's Got Talent 2018

:clap: Way better than the other dancers last night, a high school group.
Full screen:

Junior New System: The HIGH-HEEL Dancing Guys WOW The Crowd | America's Got Talent 2018

:clap: :clap: It's a long shot, but I hope they and Zurcaroh both advance.
My 2nd favorite of the night:

Duo Transcend: The SEXY Trapeze (and more!) Couple Stunt On Fire! | America's Got Talent 2018

:shock:
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:48 am
Most watched audition in AGT history - 320M views.

Zurcaroh: Best Dance Group RECREATE Adam & Eve In Heaven! | America's Got Talent 2018

Wow, what a show! They're so young, too. Bet they'll make it through the semis and into the finals. I would vote for them over the Filipino and Dominican dance groups that I also love.
Just 1 week to put together a complex new performance! My favorite of the night, more than Junior New System if only 1 goes through, FULL SCREEN:

Zurcaroh: MIND-BLOWING Acrobatic Aerial Dancers KILL IT! | America's Got Talent 2018

:clap: :clap: :clap:
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Leo Lyons wrote:
I watch very little live TV. I prefer my shows that have better scripts than AGT, first seasons of Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Expanse and all kinds of educational science/physics stuff.

EDIT: Not that there is anything wrong with AGT.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:56 am
Semifinals, week 1 of 2

11 acts, 5 advance, results tonight. Tough to pick, they're all pretty good now.

Artistically - Not my thing, good at it, though.
Personally - 6 foster kids. :-||
Professionally - Pediatric psych nurse. :-|| :-||
Michael Ketterer: The Guy Who Made Simon Cowell Cry SLAYS Again! | America's Got Talent 2018
Advanced, 1st, 2nd or 3rd. I'm not sad. Only singing act out of 5 to advance.

The 5 I like, not all will go through:

1 of 5 singing acts - 3 solo including another mid-teen girl that's pretty good, a bubble gum duo and a kids choir that's pretty good.
Makayla Phillips: (15 year old singer) Rising Star Delivers STUNNING Performance! | America's Got Talent 2018
Home. :(

Magic, especially card tricks, ain't really my thing, but he's excellent at what he does.
Watch close, not that it will help.
Shin Lim: The World’s Best Close-up Magician SHOCKS! (DO NOT BLINK) | America's Got Talent 2018
Advanced, 1st, 2nd or 3rd. :thumbup:

Junior New System: The HIGH-HEEL Dancing Guys WOW The Crowd | America's Got Talent 2018
:clap: :clap: It's a long shot, but I hope they and Zurcaroh both advance.
Home. :(

My 2nd favorite of the night:
Duo Transcend: The SEXY Trapeze (and more!) Couple Stunt On Fire! | America's Got Talent 2018
4th, 5th or 6th, not saved by audience, judges tied 2-2, audience votes - last night, tonight or combined - saved them, whew. :thumbup:

Just 1 week to put together a complex new performance! My favorite of the night, more than Junior New System if only 1 goes through, FULL SCREEN:
Zurcaroh: MIND-BLOWING Acrobatic Aerial Dancers KILL IT! | America's Got Talent 2018[/b][/size][/url]
Advanced, 1st, 2nd or 3rd. :thumbup:
Autistic comic, he's not bad - 4th, 5th or 6th, audience save.

3 of my 5 advanced, including my top 2, plus a singer that's a great, amazingly great, guy. I'll take it.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

bannination wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:00 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
I watch very little live TV. I prefer my shows that have better scripts than AGT, first seasons of Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Expanse and all kinds of educational science/physics stuff.
I watch ABC morning & Evening news, from there it's Roku. Huge variety of choices.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Semifinals, week 2 of 2

11 acts, 5 advance, results Wednesday night. Finals next week.

There were 2 groups that were good, but not as good as before, IMO. I'll be happy if they move on based on past performances, not crushed if they don't.
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:14 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:37 am
Quarterfinals Week 2 (August 21–22)

7 out of 12 advance, others will be fine but just 2 I'm really rooting for, should have decent odds. Full screen for both.

Da Republik: Dominican Dance Group On FIRE! | America's Got Talent 2018

Gotta be an advantage having an entire nation rooting for you. The lead in, not shown above, showed them getting introduced by and performing for the Dominican Republic's president since doing well on AGT. Cool.
Ut-oh. They're 6th, 7th or 8th. Audience will save one, judges will save another (back to audience vote if they tie 2-2). They're losing the audience early.
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:19 pm
The judges put Da Republik dance group through, 3-1 :clap: .
Da Republik: Dominican Dance Group SLAY The Seminfinals | America's Got Talent 2018

Zurcaroh (above) will crush them if Da Republik does make the finals.

7 singing acts tonight :roll: , one bubble gum trio, 5 soloists and this choir:
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:20 pm
Vrede too wrote:
... crank the speakers:
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:39 pm
Angel City Chorale: America’s Got Talent 2018

I like Olivia Munn's ruse at the end.

:clap: They could win it all. Their friends and family networks alone are a healthy voting bloc. Okay by me.
$1,000,000 / 160 = $6250. :D
Angel City Chorale: ANGELIC Choir Want To Heal The World With Music | America's Got Talent 2018

I like the drum lines, they always bring something extra. Howie might be correct, I'll bet the acoustics are even more amazing in the theater.
... These two acts plus Diabolo Artist Mochi are up for a single audience save. Not choosing between my favs, but I'll bet that Angel City Chorale gets saved.
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:13 pm
The audience did indeed save Angel City Chorale :clap:
Angel City Chorale: Pay TRIBUTE To 9-11 Victims For Semifinals | America's Got Talent 2018

My 2 favorites tonight, not sure how I'd choose between them. I sure hope they both advance.

Brian King Joseph: Simon Cowell PREDICTS This Talent Can Win AGT! | America's Got Talent 2018

See 1st post in this topic. Gangsta's Paradise on electric violin, so cool, maybe his best yet.
Vrede too wrote:
My favorite again. 200 million views of her audition! I've probably watched it 10 times. If Joe Cocker were reincarnated as a 14-year-old girl with an even better voice, crank the speakers:
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 am
Watch this, really, WATCH THIS:

Courtney Hadwin: 13-Year-Old Golden Buzzer Winning Performance - America's Got Talent 2018

Hard To Handle Lyrics

:clap: :clap: :clap: :-|| She could win. She's got other vids on YT if you're as captivated as I am. This backstory video is really just the first 2 minutes, you've already seen the rest:

Courtney Hadwin GOLDEN BUZZER Full STORY / FULL BACKSTORY America's Got Talent 2018 Auditions AGT

Otis Redding - Hard To Handle

I think he would be proud of Courtney. The Black Crowes did a version, too.
Courtney Hadwin: Shy British Schoolgirl With SHOCKING Talent WOWS! | America's Got Talent 2018

:-|| :-|| :-||
Courtney Hadwin: Howie Mandel PREDICTS This Girl Will Win AGT! | America's Got Talent 2018

Maybe my new favorite version of Born to Be Wild.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

My 2 favorites - Brian King Joseph, electric violin and Courtney Hadwin, rocking mid-teen singer - advanced without needing a save. :thumbup: This means they came in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, good omen for the finals.

My 2 maybes - Angel City Chorale and Da Republik Dominican dance group - did not advance. :(

Also advanced:
Female “trailer nasty” stand up comic - 1st, 2nd or 3rd
Woman soloist - 4th, 5th or 6th, audience save
Man operatic singer of pop/rock songs - 4th, 5th or 6th, judges’ save 3-1

Pending their final performances next week, my top 3 acts in random order are Brian King Joseph, Courtney Hadwin and Zurcaroh.

In the next tier I would place Shin Lim, close-up magician and Duo Transcend, trapeze and more.

3rd tier - Michael Ketterer, soloist, pediatric psych nurse, foster father x 6, just because he’s such a great guy.

I don’t wants the other 4 acts, 2 adult soloists and 2 stand up comics, to win.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Finals

Excellent show, everyone did good and most did great, including ones I wasn't already rooting for. Too many to link, if any interest you I've found that Talent Recap has the longer videos. If they happen to be missing one, the America’s Got Talent channel will have it. You won't be sorry with any of them.

Michael Ketterer - singer, maybe not his best, but still a great guy.
Vicki Barbolak - “trailer nasty” stand up comic, funniest I've seen her.
Glennis Grace - singer, best I've seen her, lotta online supporters.

Next tier up, imo:

Shin Lim - close-up magician, :wtf: :shock: :!:
Duo Transcend - trapeze duo, best I've seen them.

2nd tier, way cool if either of them win:

Brian King Joseph - electric violinist
Courtney Hadwin - rocking 14-year-old singer, "River Deep, Mountain High", I'll bet Tina Turner is proud of her. Lotta online haters, not sure if that's an indication of her strength or not, but sheesh she's a girl, just like and vote for someone else.

The best? Full screen:

Zurcaroh (acrobatic dance group) WOWS Judges & Mel B ADMITS They Can WIN The AGT Finals! | America's Got Talent 2018
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I stumbled on this. According to this site Courtney Hadwin is the:
#3329 Most Popular person -
#1 is 15 year old pop singer Jacob Sartorius, never heard of him.
#2 is Justin Bieber. :roll:
#14 most popular person with a July 6 Birthday
#1 most popular person Born in Hartlepool, England
And, #2 most popular person with the First Name Courtney

I figure #1 has to be Courtney Cox, right? :lol: She doesn't even make the list. I'm so old. :(
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I watched Shin Lim. Didn't see the others, but Shin Limited (per spell check) was amazing.

If the rest are like him, I may have to start watching.

But last night was the last show.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:54 am
I watched Shin Lim. Didn't see the others, but Shin Limited (per spell check)

That's funny. I guess 'Shin Limb' would be redundant.

was amazing.

Agreed, 1st magician I've been this enthusiastic about throughout.

If the rest are like him, I may have to start watching.

It's my favorite of the various talent competition shows. I like the auditions for all of them, but get bored with the others after that.

But last night was the last show.

The results show is tonight, 8pm ET. With 2 hours to announce 1 winner and 9 losers, there will be lots of recaps - finalists and those eliminated earlier. Maybe some past winners performing, too. Then, there's always YouTube. Shin Lim is up to 4 AGT performances, plus any non-AGT ones that have been posted.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Opening with Kiss was a surprise.

Courtney Hadwin singing Janis Joplin with the Struts was cool.

Singing with Placido Domingo must have been a thrill for Daniel Emmet. He’s a winner, regardless.

Shin Lim did it again!

Loved the Brian King Joseph duet with world famous violinist Lindsey Stirling and Duo Transcend performing to their music.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Stirling
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 pm
Finals

Excellent show, everyone did good and most did great, including ones I wasn't already rooting for. Too many to link, if any interest you I've found that Talent Recap has the longer videos. If they happen to be missing one, the America’s Got Talent channel will have it. You won't be sorry with any of them.

Michael Ketterer - singer, maybe not his best, but still a great guy. Top 5, was in my bottom 5 but I'm not sad.
Vicki Barbolak - “trailer nasty” stand up comic, funniest I've seen her. Bottom 5, was in my bottom 5.
Glennis Grace - singer, best I've seen her, lotta online supporters. Bottom 5, was in my bottom 5.

Next tier up, imo:

Shin Lim - close-up magician, :wtf: :shock: :!: Top 5, was in my top 5. :thumbup:
Duo Transcend - trapeze duo, best I've seen them. Bottom 5, was in my top 5. :thumbdown:

Brian King Joseph - electric violinist Top 5, was in my top 5. :thumbup:
Courtney Hadwin - rocking 14-year-old singer, "River Deep, Mountain High", I'll bet Tina Turner is proud of her. Lotta online haters, not sure if that's an indication of her strength or not, but sheesh she's a girl, just like and vote for someone else. Bottom 5, was in my top 5. :thumbdown: :!: She never quite repeated the magic of her audition.

The best? Full screen:

Zurcaroh (acrobatic dance group) WOWS Judges & Mel B ADMITS They Can WIN The AGT Finals! | America's Got Talent 2018

Top 5, was in my top 5. :thumbup:
Also in the Top 5, was in my bottom 5 - Samuel J. Comroe, stand up comic with Tourette syndrome.

So, I was 3 for 5 at the top and bottom. -0-?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:48 pm
Opening with Kiss was a surprise.

Courtney Hadwin singing Janis Joplin with the Struts was cool.

Singing with Placido Domingo must have been a thrill for Daniel Emmet. He’s a winner, regardless.

Shin Lim did it again!

Loved the Brian King Joseph duet with world famous violinist Lindsey Stirling and Duo Transcend performing to their music.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Stirling
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 pm
Finals

Michael Ketterer - singer, maybe not his best, but still a great guy. Top 5, was in my bottom 5 but I'm not sad. 5th.
Vicki Barbolak - “trailer nasty” stand up comic, funniest I've seen her. Bottom 5, was in my bottom 5.
Glennis Grace - singer, best I've seen her, lotta online supporters. Bottom 5, was in my bottom 5.

Next tier up, imo:

Shin Lim - close-up magician, :wtf: :shock: :!: Top 5, was in my top 5. :thumbup: WINNER! Good eye, you didn't need to watch the rest of the season, billy.pilgrim. :D
Duo Transcend - trapeze duo, best I've seen them. Bottom 5, was in my top 5. :thumbdown:

Brian King Joseph - electric violinist Top 5, was in my top 5. :thumbup: 3rd.
Courtney Hadwin - rocking 14-year-old singer, "River Deep, Mountain High", I'll bet Tina Turner is proud of her. Lotta online haters, not sure if that's an indication of her strength or not, but sheesh she's a girl, just like and vote for someone else. Bottom 5, was in my top 5. :thumbdown: :!: She never quite repeated the magic of her audition.

The best? Full screen:

Top 5, was in my top 5. :thumbup: 2nd :( .
Also in the Top 5, was in my bottom 5 - Samuel J. Comroe, stand up comic with Tourette syndrome. 4th.

So, I was 3 for 5 at the top and bottom. -0-?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

America's Got Talent: The Champions

America's Got Talent: The Champions is a reality television series spin-off set to air on NBC. The show premiered on January 7, 2019. Described as "the Olympics of talent", it will feature winners, finalists and other successful contestants from previous seasons of America's Got Talent alongside acts from other Got Talent franchises worldwide.
Sara & Hero (the dog): Simon Cowell's FAVORITE Act Is Back! | America's Got Talent: Champions

Awww. :clap:

Uzeyer The Ladder Guy RE-CREATES His Viral Failed Stunt! | America's Got Talent: Champions

:thumbup:

Alex Magala: Russian Champion Insane DEATH DIVE To Win World Title | America's Got Talent: Champions

Sword swallower. I'm not a geek show fan, but he's good at what he does.

Sofie Dossi: She's 17-Years-Old With A Body Made Of Rubber (and steel)! | America's Got Talent: Champions

Contortions and acrobatics. Took 3rd, I wanted her to advance. :(

Only 2 advanced, one Golden Buzzer, one by an instant vote of "superfans from all 50 states".

Susan Boyle Earns Golden Buzzer With Iconic "Wild Horses" - America's Got Talent: The Champions

I'm mostly not a solo singer fan.

Preacher Lawson: Comedian Tackles Black Guy DATING White Girl! | America's Got Talent: Champions

I'm not a stand up comedy fan.

Good thing I don't gamble on this.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Week 2 (January 14) was great, better than the 1st week, so much so that I'm not going to look up all the vids of acts I like. If any of the performance descriptions look interesting to you, you won't be sorry.

Light Balance - way cool, eliminated.

Taylor Williamson - eliminated. I'm not a stand up comedy fan, but he had one good joke where he pointed out that the people upset over foreigners taking American jobs are referring to all of the AGT judges.

DDF Crew - fun, eliminated.

Viktor Kee - amazing, eliminated.

Courtney Hadwin - also just 14, great original song, took 3rd. I would have liked to see her advance.

Darci Lynne Farmer - phenomenal talent, took 2nd. She has had so much success at age 14, including winning AGT in 2017 and a 1 hour xmas special in 2018, that I don't mind her being eliminated.

Advances:

Deadly Games - Whoa! Heidi's Golden Buzzer.

Cristina Ramos - won the instant voting. Would not have been my pick, but she's very good and Spain rocks.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Week 3 (January 21)
I was not impressed, would only recommend the last 1/2 hour of the 2 hour show if anyone catches the rerun Sun. night.

Angelica Hale - 9 year old singer, Howie's Golden Buzzer, cute and good, but not my thing.

In the regular show I've often been largely in sync with the audience and the Golden Buzzers, not so with this Champions show. I thought that might change with the 3 finalists chosen by "Superfans". The 2 acts I liked made it:

Jon Dorenbos - I'm not that into magic, but this was a good trick, took 3rd.

Billy and Emily England - Extreme Rollerskating Duo, I really liked them in the regular show, too, took 2nd.

Arrrgh, the winner:

Paul Potts - Opera Singer.

So far, out of 6 acts I only liked Week 2's Deadly Games.
1312. ETTD.