what I learned while listening to npr today, or why I love npr everyday

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

what I learned while listening to npr today, or why I love npr everyday

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

well not actually today - I heard this about a week ago. You may already know more than I do from other sources, as some googling shows he did this several years ago, but new to me and crazy amazing.

Audio from video.

At around the 8-minute mark he yells at a potato chip bag and the bag records his voice.

I never understood the hate for npr
It’s such an easy source for interesting things that you might otherwise never encounter, but I guess having some right wing screamer blasting the same bs, that they already know and believe in their little hearts, over and over, beats listening to some new scientific discovery, a book review or news event, or heaven forbid, a political discussion with all sides represented.

this is cool scary, or scary cool.

https://www.npr.org/2016/03/18/47051431 ... ay-objects

Could be kelliannianniee was onto something
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: what I learned while listening to npr today, or why I love npr everyday

I was looking for the Murdoch thread, but this is probably better.

I heard a TED Talk, week before last?, about what it says about people finding joy in other's misfortune. Examples went from feeling a little joy when your team's rival loses to some downright nasty stuff.

So I admit that I did find a snicker in seeing, not one, not even two, but three fox people embroiled in scandal and attorney fees.

Go attorneys
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Clarence Thomas spoke today. This marks the 2nd time he has spoken since 2006.

I knew he didn't speak in court much, but only twice in 13 years.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:36 pm
Clarence Thomas spoke today. This marks the 2nd time he has spoken since 2006.

I knew he didn't speak in court much, but only twice in 13 years.
Clarence Thomas not speaking is good. Not voting would be even better.