Kavanaugh, drunk, party boy and confirmed liar under oath for the SC

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Kavanaugh, drunk, party boy and confirmed liar under oath for the SC

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

What a choice.

And didn't someone ask him about him having a gambling addiction.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b9f ... b0977bf68b

Looks like his bud who was in the room during the assault, the one who couldn't remember, spilled the beans about 20 years ago in his book.

"Judge’s book changes the name of his high school to “Loyola Prep,” and makes a glancing reference at a character he calls “Bart O’Kavanaugh.”

A girl at a party, wrote Judge, asked him: “Do you know Bart O’Kavanaugh? I heard he puked in someone’s car the other night.” Judge responds: “Yeah he passed out on his way back from a party.”

Yet when questioned recently he said "I never saw Brett act that way,” Judge told The Weekly Standard"
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: Kavanaugh, drunk, party boy and confirmed liar under oath for the SC

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Leo Lyons
Ensign

"The party of Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy is accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct. When he was in high school."

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Interesting thinking by the right wingers. They hold up examples of things they considered awful - things they think should have been harshly punished, and then use those things to excuse their own guy.

1. Somebody does something awful;
2. Rightwingers scream bloody murder and demand heads roll
3. Rightwinger's guy does something awful
4. Rightwingers say "that's no longer considered awful because my demand for rolling heads wasn't met"

The argument "because they did it" totally destroys any claim to a standard of right and wrong or ethical behaviour.

Wish there was a good word for that ability to clearly see the mote in your neighbor's eye through that beam in your own.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Leo Lyons wrote:"....like you and me, they're humans with human emotions, human faults and human temperaments."
(pssst.... this covers political hopefuls too...)

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:26 am
Interesting thinking by the right wingers. They hold up examples of things they considered awful - things they think should have been harshly punished, and then use those things to excuse their own guy.
Interesting thinking by the left wingers as well. They hold up examples of things they considered awful - things they think should have been harshly punished, and then use those things to excuse their own guy.

1. Somebody does something awful;
2. Rightwingers scream bloody murder and demand heads roll
Like when a married pol is driving drunk and kills the woman he had previously screwed?

3. Rightwinger's guy does something awful
Like being labeled a sex offender for "allegedly" groping a girl at a drinking party?

4. Rightwingers say "that's no longer considered awful because my demand for rolling heads wasn't met"
Say what? :headscratch:
You got the roles reversed; leftwingers find no faults, so there is no demand for rolling heads.

The argument "because they did it" totally destroys any claim to a standard of right and wrong or ethical behaviour.

Wish there was a good word for that ability to clearly see the mote in your neighbor's eye through that beam in your own.
Bingo! You surely mean the Dems screaming for Kavanaugh's dismissal! The word is ADMISSION.
Dems seem to have forgotten discretion's (past and present) within their own ranks, but will vehemently point out discretion's of Repubs.
This is my definition of bottom-feeding scum bags.
Last edited by Leo Lyons on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

So you're comfortable with "they (whoever "they" is) weren't sufficiently punished so I shouldn't be either", right?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:42 am
So you're comfortable with "they (whoever "they" is) weren't sufficiently punished so I shouldn't be either", right?
Not at all; I'm uncomfortable with that thought. I'm saying if they break the law, they should be punished when they are found guilty under prescribed proceedings.The problem in political circles is that money talks; finding guilt (or innocence) is a commodity.

I have no feelings whatsoever with Kavanaugh's nomination or rejection. My objection is with his suddenly being accused of sexual improprieties as a college student merely as a move to put him in a bad light and hopefully derail his nomination. His past voting records, court decisions, etc. don't mean crap to me; and he sure as hell isn't going to be "taking over the Supreme Court" as a posted petition states.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:

the ted kennedy crap gets pretty old. I've always wondered why our leo types don't bring up laura bush killing someone with her car, or a drunken mccain killing someone with his car

oh wait, could it be something sensible like how we pretty much laughed off drunk drivers in the 60s

or better, purely because they are republicans
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:52 am
O Really wrote:
Not at all; I'm uncomfortable with that thought. I'm saying if they break the law, they should be punished when they are found guilty under prescribed proceedings.The problem in political circles is that money talks; finding guilt (or innocence) is a commodity.

I have no feelings whatsoever with Kavanaugh's nomination or rejection. My objection is with his suddenly being accused of sexual improprieties as a college student merely as a move to put him in a bad light and hopefully derail his nomination. His past voting records, court decisions, etc. don't mean crap to me; and he sure as hell isn't going to be "taking over the Supreme Court" as a posted petition states.
but you don't care at all about him lying under oath

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:52 am
O Really wrote:
the ted kennedy crap gets pretty old.
I'm sure it is. You libs hate being reminded that money and family name talks.

I've always wondered why our leo types don't bring up laura bush killing someone with her car, or a drunken mccain killing someone with his car.
Laura Bush was not a high-profile figure then. She wasn't even "Laura Bush". Lame
You got a citation for your car accident claim? That's the first I've heard of it.
His WIFE was in a car accident that left her crippled. The dumb son-of-a-bitch left her in her misery and went chasing off after another woman.

oh wait, could it be something sensible like how we pretty much laughed off drunk drivers in the 60s
something you liberals seem to have a knack for.

or better, purely because they are republicans
or politicians.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:53 am
but you don't care at all about him lying under oath
Oh my gawd! The world's coming to an end; somebody lied! Again, I have no feelings whatsoever with Kavanaugh's nomination or rejection. My feelings are with fairness; even it was you being considered. The fact that he did or didn't lie (depends on who you ask) is about as moot as it comes; who in politics has NEVER lied; under or not under oath?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

It was high school, not "college".

Being just 7 years older and having gone to high school a very few miles from Georgetown Prep, I 100% guarantee you that booze was not the only intoxicant at those parties. Of course, the author is a judge, expecting his personal "expose" to include admission of illegal activity is a stretch.

Saying that "past voting records, court decisions, etc. don't mean crap" is crazy talk. Those are exactly the things we should be deciding on.

Of course replacing the last moderate-con, Kennedy, with a rightwing extremist is a SCOTUS take over. Why lie about what has been an admitted GOP goal for years?

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford wrote her letter back in July. How it was handled after that is on Sen. Feinstein.

To her credit, Dr. Christine Blasey Ford took public responsibility for the letter quite rapidly after its existence was revealed.

Brett Kavanaugh is accused of attempted rape, not "sexual improprieties". Why are you minimizing a very serious crime, LEO Leo?

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford is a very credible witness (BA at UNC, O Really and k9nanny). Plus, she passed a polygraph test. Her accusation does merit reopening the FBI background check and a fair hearing.

I don't have an opinion on whether Brett Kavanaugh is guilty of attempted rape. Since I do care about "past voting records, court decisions, etc." and can see that Kavanaugh is a planet raping, women and worker hating, imperial presidency supporting, ammosexual, lying corporate suck-up, and I already strongly opposed him, I haven't followed the attempted rape story as closely as others have. That said, it's a fact in bizarro America that things related to sex regularly bring down men in power when their other evil deeds should have long before. Selectively whining about it is disingenuous.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:23 pm
It was high school, not "college".

Being just 7 years older and having gone to high school a very few miles from Georgetown Prep, I 100% guarantee you that booze was not the only intoxicant at those parties. Of course, the author is a judge, expecting his personal "expose" to include admission of illegal activity is a stretch.

Saying that "past voting records, court decisions, etc. don't mean crap" is crazy talk. Those are exactly the things we should be deciding on.

Of course replacing the last moderate-con, Kennedy, with a rightwing extremist is a SCOTUS take over. Why lie about what has been an admitted GOP goal for years?

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford wrote her letter back in July. How it was handled after that is on Sen. Feinstein.

To her credit, Dr. Christine Blasey Ford took public responsibility for the letter quite rapidly after its existence was revealed.

Brett Kavanaugh is accused of attempted rape, not "sexual improprieties". Why are you minimizing a very serious crime, LEO Leo?

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford is a very credible witness (BA at UNC, O Really and k9nanny). Plus, she passed a polygraph test. Her accusation does merit reopening the FBI background check and a fair hearing.

I don't have an opinion on whether Brett Kavanaugh is guilty of attempted rape. Since I do care about "past voting records, court decisions, etc." and can see that Kavanaugh is a planet raping, women and worker hating, imperial presidency supporting, ammosexual, lying corporate suck-up, and I already strongly opposed him, I haven't followed the attempted rape story as closely as others have. That said, it's a fact in bizarro America that things related to sex regularly bring down men in power when their other evil deeds should have long before. Selectively whining about it is disingenuous.

the idiot thinks that having a Supreme Court Justice who has lied under oath during confirmation for his current office and has lied again under oath is a no biggie

but someone getting off on a drunk driving accident in the 60s is huge

everybody, or almost everybody, got off on drunk driving charges in the 60s

Escambia County Florida allowed drinking while driving as late as the mid 80, maybe late, 80s.

did he really criticize how money and fame talk while lovin on corporate bret?
it's a twisted lie that leo leads

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
... Being just 7 years older and having gone to high school a very few miles from Georgetown Prep, I 100% guarantee you that booze was not the only intoxicant at those parties. Of course, the author is a judge, expecting his personal "expose" to include admission of illegal activity is a stretch....
Opps, I confused myself. Kavanaugh friend and co-accused attempted rapist Mark Judge is not a judge. He's a journalist and author.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:42 pm
Vrede too wrote:
... Being just 7 years older and having gone to high school a very few miles from Georgetown Prep, I 100% guarantee you that booze was not the only intoxicant at those parties. Of course, the author is a judge, expecting his personal "expose" to include admission of illegal activity is a stretch....
Opps, I confused myself. Kavanaugh friend and co-accused attempted rapist Mark Judge is not a judge. He's a journalist and author.

but bret's new best judge friend (name escapes) is a sexual predator who had to resign his position as the fbi started to investigate. Funny thing – everybody who knew or worked with the good judge knew him as a predator – except poor little bret

or could it be that bret lied under oath a couple of weeks back?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:52 pm
but bret's new best judge friend (name escapes) is a sexual predator who had to resign his position as the fbi started to investigate. Funny thing – everybody who knew or worked with the good judge knew him as a predator – except poor little bret

Thanks. Here's an article written months before the accusations against Kavanaugh surfaced:

Did Brett Kavanaugh Know About Alex Kozinski?
Will anybody ASK him?

Here's a long and icky list of the Allegations of sexual misconduct and abusive employment practices against Kozinski.

Kavanaugh clerked for Kozinski in 1992, so he must have known about the public allegations and it's hard to imagine that he didn't witness or hear 2nd hand about the boorish and illegal behavior.

Oct. 31, 1985
Senate panel to reopen Kozinski hearing
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:35 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Thanks. Here's an article written months before the accusations against Kavanaugh surfaced:

Did Brett Kavanaugh Know About Alex Kozinski?
Will anybody ASK him?

Here's a long and icky list of the Allegations of sexual misconduct and abusive employment practices against Kozinski.

Kavanaugh clerked for Kozinski in 1992, so he must have known about the public allegations and it's hard to imagine that he didn't witness or hear 2nd hand about the boorish and illegal behavior.

Oct. 31, 1985
Senate panel to reopen Kozinski hearing

and then, there's his using data, stolen from dem senators, to help seat judges for lil bush

and then there's all the other stuff