Boof Kavanaugh thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Boof Kavanaugh thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

Strange things happen in the Devil's Triangle.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Boof Kavanaugh thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 pm
Strange things happen in the Devil's Triangle.
And to Wikipedia entries

And to FBI investigations when they are restricted from investigating
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Remember back in the day when Presidential nominations got derailed because the nominee didn't pay taxes on her nanny or some such thing? And now we're down to it not being a question of whether a nominee is a lying thieving egg-sucking scum-bag, but whether the level of lying thieving egg-sucking scum-baggery is a felony and rises to the level of he who appointed. We're sunk.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

This sucks:
Many Of Brett Kavanaugh's Ex-Classmates Wanted To Talk — But FBI Reportedly 'Ignored' Them

... more than 40 people “with potential information into the sexual misconduct allegations” against Kavanaugh, including multiple high school and college classmates of the judge, had tried to contact the FBI to no avail....

There's wasted, and then there's "Boof Wasted”.

Mark Judge’s high school memoir “Wasted” is selling for $1,899 on Amazon
In one passage, “(Bart) O’Kavanaugh” is portrayed speaking to a girl named Mary:
“So how do you like Prep?” Mary asked.

“It’s cool.”

“Do you know Bart O’Kavanaugh?”

“Yeah. He’s around here somewhere.”

“I heard he puked in someone’s car the other night.”

“Yeah. He passed out on his way back from a party.”
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:44 am
Remember back in the day when Presidential nominations got derailed because the nominee didn't pay taxes on her nanny or some such thing? And now we're down to it not being a question of whether a nominee is a lying thieving egg-sucking scum-bag, but whether the level of lying thieving egg-sucking scum-baggery is a felony and rises to the level of he who appointed. We're sunk.
Image :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's a photopshop hoax of an old photopshop hoax.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joe-b ... hotograph/
I heard that Leo Lyons has been a gullible, partisan, misogynist fool for 30 years. :lol: :lol: :lol:
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:39 pm
It's a photopshop hoax of an old photopshop hoax.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joe-b ... hotograph/
I heard that Leo Lyons has been a gullible, partisan, misogynist fool for 30 years. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, it's a photoshop; you're too sharp to pull a joke on; it's funny though, don't you agree?
You're lying. You never "heard" no such.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Lying libel, attempted rape and sexual assault are "funny" to Leo Lyons.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:55 pm
You really think so?
You're accusing ol Biden of attempted rape and sexual assault?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
He also enjoys diverting discussions, tangents, intentionally misunderstanding and beating up strawmen.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:11 am
Vrede too wrote:
He also enjoys diverting discussions, tangents, intentionally misunderstanding and beating up strawmen.
I occasionally misunderstand you, but it's not intentional, and I don't recall beating you up. :shock: :wtf:
Must be some strong stuff you've got there.

Any bets on whether the streets will erupt in protests and mayhem should Kavanaugh be nominated?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:11 am
Vrede too wrote:
I occasionally misunderstand you, but it's not intentional, and I don't recall beating you up. :shock: :wtf:
Must be some strong stuff you've got there.

Any bets on whether the streets will erupt in protests and mayhem should Kavanaugh be nominated?

he was nominated some time ago.

There have been multiple threats of violence if he isn't confirmed. as for being confirmed, my guess is a pretty solid no, although his future judicial destruction of people’s rights may well lead to violence

Chances are that we will find out, as the republican senators don't seem to have a problem with a SC justice who lied throughout his confirmation process.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:18 pm
he was nominated some time ago.
What I meant. I don't know why I said nominated.

There have been multiple threats of violence if he isn't confirmed. as for being confirmed, my guess is a pretty solid no, although his future judicial destruction of people’s rights may well lead to violence.
I just don't get these threats of violence, pro or con. We live in one fu*ked up world. (it's drugs; that's what it is)

Chances are that we will find out, as the republican senators don't seem to have a problem with a SC justice who lied throughout his confirmation process.
Lying isn't a Republican exclusive. It's politics.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Some of us have long criticized Obama/Holder for not going after the Shrub/Cheney lawbreakers, torturers and war criminals.
Obama’s Resistance to Investigating the Bush Administration Allowed Brett Kavanaugh to Skate Onto the Supreme Court

One of Barack Obama’s first decisions after being elected president continued to haunt the country over the weekend, as Brett Kavanaugh was sworn in as the fifth hard-line conservative on the Supreme Court.

In January 2009, George W. Bush left office with an abysmal 22 percent approval rating, the lowest ever recorded. Almost everyone with anything to do with his administration was considered politically toxic.

With full Democratic control of the federal government, calls came for an investigation into the scandals of the Bush administration, including torture, mass surveillance, and war profiteering. While some called for criminal prosecutions, others wanted hearings or an independent investigation that would — at minimum — put into the public record the details of who did what and when. At the least, the argument went, Democrats could ensure that the GOP had to wear the Bush administration for years; that the officials involved in wrongdoing would be written out of polite society; and that future administrations would not revert to those practices.

Obama refused. “We need to look forward as opposed to looking backwards,” he said famously on January 11, 2009, days before he took office.

Had he looked forward far enough, he would have seen one of the chief boosters of the torture program elevated to CIA director, and a Bush administration attorney with complicity in a wide array of its most controversial programs lifted up to the U.S. Supreme Court....
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:19 am
Some of us have long criticized Obama/Holder for not going after the Shrub/Cheney lawbreakers, torturers and war criminals.
Obama’s Resistance to Investigating the Bush Administration Allowed Brett Kavanaugh to Skate Onto the Supreme Court

One of Barack Obama’s first decisions after being elected president continued to haunt the country over the weekend, as Brett Kavanaugh was sworn in as the fifth hard-line conservative on the Supreme Court.

In January 2009, George W. Bush left office with an abysmal 22 percent approval rating, the lowest ever recorded. Almost everyone with anything to do with his administration was considered politically toxic.

With full Democratic control of the federal government, calls came for an investigation into the scandals of the Bush administration, including torture, mass surveillance, and war profiteering. While some called for criminal prosecutions, others wanted hearings or an independent investigation that would — at minimum — put into the public record the details of who did what and when. At the least, the argument went, Democrats could ensure that the GOP had to wear the Bush administration for years; that the officials involved in wrongdoing would be written out of polite society; and that future administrations would not revert to those practices.

Obama refused. “We need to look forward as opposed to looking backwards,” he said famously on January 11, 2009, days before he took office.

Had he looked forward far enough, he would have seen one of the chief boosters of the torture program elevated to CIA director, and a Bush administration attorney with complicity in a wide array of its most controversial programs lifted up to the U.S. Supreme Court....
another reason added to my long list of why Obama may have been one of the worst. his cowardly approach to taxes - gave us the largest tax cut ever for the 1%, no one went to prison for destroying the economy and hundreds of thousands of middle class lives, he gave us a heritage foundation health care insurance company wet dream of health care reform, allowed bachman and palin to define the aca as an election issue complete with death panels, backed down to mitche's threat about Russian election involvement, funded ME wars and terrorism, and mobilized the right as no president has ever done before.

The last wasn't completely his fault, but he (and we) should have seen it coming. we shouldn't have voted for his - our country wasn't ready for a black president. he should have recognized it and spent the effort to explain and expose the bs and lies about the aca. plus, way dumb as hell not to ask privately and through all his people to stop saying Obamacare. the idiot even came out and said that it was okay with him. a fricking rock should have been able to see that asking a kkk or other racist type to sign up for Obamacare would not end well.

Obama gets to retire and we get trump

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:35 pm
another reason added to my long list of why Obama may have been one of the worst. his cowardly approach to taxes - gave us the largest tax cut ever for the 1% ...
I remember the middle class tax cuts as part of the stimulus and caving into a deal to continue the Shrub tax cuts. Did he add new fat cat tax cuts?

I agree with the rest but wonder if he did too much explaining and accommodating. Maybe an earlier recognition of how nasty the GOP was going to be, regardless, would have led him to be more aggressive out of the gate - getting a vote on single payer, demanding the public option or nothing, investigating and prosecuting bankers and Cheney/Shrub officials like Kavanaugh, governing by EO like in his last year - all until the Repugs (maybe) cried 'Uncle!'
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:51 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:35 pm
another reason added to my long list of why Obama may have been one of the worst. his cowardly approach to taxes - gave us the largest tax cut ever for the 1% ...
I remember the middle class tax cuts as part of the stimulus and caving into a deal to continue the Shrub tax cuts. Did he add new fat cat tax cuts?

I agree with the rest but wonder if he did too much explaining and accommodating. Maybe an earlier recognition of how nasty the GOP was going to be, regardless, would have led him to be more aggressive out of the gate - getting a vote on single payer, demanding the public option or nothing, investigating and prosecuting bankers and Cheney/Shrub officials like Kavanaugh, governing by EO like in his last year - all until the Repugs (maybe) cried 'Uncle!'

yeah, that last year. now there was a call to get out the right wing voter

the continuation of the lil bush tax cuts amount to the largest tax cut by any president, but I guess he was too busy to explain to the American people that it was the republicans would shut down the government if they didn’t get something they couldn’t get by vote. Oh well, he tried – sort of.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/28/politics ... index.html

Will Boof vote that New York can't prosecute trump if trump pardons himself, family and friends, or will he rule fairly?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:08 am
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/28/politics ... index.html

Will Boof vote that New York can't prosecute trump if trump pardons himself, family and friends, or will he rule fairly?
Applying federal pardons to state prosecutions would be a different issue than this double jeopardy case. I'd like to hear all of the arguments, but I'm not sure that limiting prosecution for the same crime to EITHER the states or the feds would be a bad thing. I am surprised that SCOTUS is hearing the case. There's a lot of precedent behind the 'separate sovereigns' side and I think that overturning it would release a lot of people from prison.
1312. ETTD.