Hello All!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
The Piper
Red Shirt

Hello All!

Unread post by The Piper »

Greetings! I'm now retired and back home in the states and decided to stay and live out my days in California. I had forgotten about being a member of this forum until I was going through some old cards in a file box that I use to store passwords. I've been scouring over the posts for a week or so and although some topics are entertaining, most are only mildly interesting because there's hardly anyone here that I knew from 4-5 years ago! Speaking of interesting, it's interesting to note that BRD has practically transformed from a debate forum to a petition sounding board, of which I have no interest because petitions and/or their website content are pretty much politically-motivated, one-sided and offer no debate material. At any rate, saying Hi! to all. Hope you're having a great year!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Hello All!

Unread post by Vrede too »

Welcome back. We have no mechanism for recruiting new members. So, our attrition was predictable and has been steady since the forum began as a place for BRN refugees to go 6 years ago. I suspect few thought it would last this long. You can find a handful of former BRD cons at the severely censored Conservative Political Forum:
http://conservativepoliticalforum.com/p ... nd-debate/

The petitions are all mine. You are free to ignore them or welcome to use them as a starting point to debate myself and/or others.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

The Piper wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:57 pm
Greetings! I'm now retired and back home in the states and decided to stay and live out my days in California. I had forgotten about being a member of this forum until I was going through some old cards in a file box that I use to store passwords. I've been scouring over the posts for a week or so and although some topics are entertaining, most are only mildly interesting because there's hardly anyone here that I knew from 4-5 years ago! Speaking of interesting, it's interesting to note that BRD has practically transformed from a debate forum to a petition sounding board, of which I have no interest because petitions and/or their website content are pretty much politically-motivated, one-sided and offer no debate material. At any rate, saying Hi! to all. Hope you're having a great year!
Bring a few people in, that'll help. Otherwise we'll continue to be here as a safe meeting spot to make fun of other ban happy forums until interest dies.

The Piper
Red Shirt

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:05 pm
Welcome back. We have no mechanism for recruiting new members. So, our attrition was predictable and has been steady since the forum began as a place for BRN refugees to go 6 years ago. I suspect few thought it would last this long.
Thanks for the welcome, but why wouldn't you be interested in building your numbers back up by, say contacts on social media or your personal email contacts? If your attrition was predictable, does that mean you're content with having the few remaining posters? I recall my prior posts weren't always met with milk and honey comments because I expressed a slight leaning toward religion, but if I posted it, I expected a backlash.

You can find a handful of former BRD cons at the severely censored Conservative Political Forum:
No thanks. I've read many of their member's posts and they're pretty hum-drum with President Trump so far up where the sun don't shine, that most comments border on sheer stupidity. They're not interesting at all due to the identical mindset.

The petitions are all mine. You are free to ignore them or welcome to use them as a starting point to debate myself and/or others.
As I lean more conservative with a touch of liberal, I'll ignore them for the reasons I've already mentioned.

The Piper
Red Shirt

bannination wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:41 pm
Bring if few people in, that'll help.
:?: :?:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The Piper wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:04 pm
bannination wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:41 pm
Bring if few people in, that'll help.
:?: :?:
I think he meant: "Bring a few people in, that'll help."
The Piper wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:05 pm
Welcome back. We have no mechanism for recruiting new members. So, our attrition was predictable and has been steady since the forum began as a place for BRN refugees to go 6 years ago. I suspect few thought it would last this long.
Thanks for the welcome, but why wouldn't you be interested in building your numbers back up by, say contacts on social media or your personal email contacts? If your attrition was predictable, does that mean you're content with having the few remaining posters? I recall my prior posts weren't always met with milk and honey comments because I expressed a slight leaning toward religion, but if I posted it, I expected a backlash.

I'd be fine with greater numbers, but I like my anonymity here. So, real world friends are out. The only other forum I'm in does not lead to long term relationships, it's drive-by politics. So, not inviting anyone from there, either. I think folks here would agree that you're welcome to ask anyone you want, though.

You can find a handful of former BRD cons at the severely censored Conservative Political Forum:
No thanks. I've read many of their member's posts and they're pretty hum-drum with President Trump so far up where the sun don't shine, that most comments border on sheer stupidity. They're not interesting at all due to the identical mindset.

Yep. :thumbup: We've got an entire topic dedicated to them if you want some laughs - CPF: The BEST Forum Ever, though until very recently it was titled, CPF: The Worst Forum Ever.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1062

As I lean more conservative with a touch of liberal, I'll ignore them for the reasons I've already mentioned.

None you want to dispute . . . or agree a touch with?

Or, what would you like to discuss?
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Welcome back Pipey, good to hear from you again! A few pointers because there's been some changes you should be aware of:
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:29 pm
I'd be fine with greater numbers, but I like my anonymity here. So, real world friends are out.
That's because he doesn't want his "real world friends" (if he actually has any) to discover he has a Jekyll-Hyde persona; that is to say, in the real world he MAY come across as a warm, caring, and personable human being, whereas here, he's an arrogant, narcissistic asshole wrapped in a hairy meatsock. Anonymity hiding behind a keyboard wields some awesome power!

The only other forum I'm in does not lead to long term relationships, it's drive-by politics.
More like drive-by shooting here. As for long term relationships, Vrede is still renting out space in his head to house a few relationships with past members that "done him wrong". (He "ditttin do nuttin, dey all done him wrong") :lol:

So, not inviting anyone from there, either.
He fears RSVP's; the old bad boys might come back to haunt him!

I think folks here would agree that you're welcome to ask anyone you want, though.
Since you didn't ask me, I'm volunteering this informative op-ed.

None you want to dispute . . . or agree a touch with? Or, what would you like to discuss?
Careful! That's a bait! The first time you disagree with one of his posts or petitions, you'll be accused of whining about or attacking him and you'll be thrown into the back seat of his uber ignore box! Your posts will go ignored for days, with his claiming he doesn't see them. :lol:
It's an awful lonely place, no food or other sustenance, no companionship or camaraderie, terrible I tell ya, terrible, terrible, terrible!

Hope this makes you feel all warm and fuzzy; happy to help! :thumbsup: :lol: You and Vrede go and have yourselves a nice day!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Welcome back, Piper. Sorry they didn't have internet in Europe or wherever you were. You've missed some light entertainment from BRD. Don't pay too much attention to the "debate" part of the name. Probably "discussion" or "some people sitting around in a bar or coffee shop shooting the shit" might be more descriptive.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:56 am
Welcome back, Piper. Sorry they didn't have internet in Europe or wherever you were.
Didn't he go to work in some disaster somewhere?

You've missed some light entertainment from BRD.
"Light entertainment" :lol: No entertainment here; no body here has a sense of humor. Tease 'em and they get all pissed off and start with the name calling.

Don't pay too much attention to the "debate" part of the name.
Because the debate part of it went out the window. Now it's "if I want your opinion, I'll give it to you"! :lol:

Probably "discussion" or "some people sitting around in a bar or coffee shop shooting the shit" might be more descriptive.
I couldn't have said it better! :thumbsup: :sunny:

The Piper
Red Shirt

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:43 am
O Really wrote:
Welcome back, Piper. Sorry they didn't have internet in Europe or wherever you were.
Didn't he go to work in some disaster somewhere?
Thank you O Really and Leo Lyons. I left to go to Japan to help with the Fukushima power plant disaster. There was Internet, but I wasn't too into leisure time on the computer.

You've missed some light entertainment from BRD.
"Light entertainment" :lol: No entertainment here; no body here has a sense of humor. Tease 'em and they get all pissed off and start with the name calling.
Leo, you've not changed a bit! ( that's a good thing) You're still the fun-loving jerk I remember!

Don't pay too much attention to the "debate" part of the name.
Because the debate part of it went out the window. Now it's "if I want your opinion, I'll give it to you"! :lol:
We know what they say about opinions; that's why I keep mine to my self, mostly. Debating is more fun when it's actually a debate.

Probably "discussion" or "some people sitting around in a bar or coffee shop shooting the shit" might be more descriptive.
I couldn't have said it better! :thumbsup: :sunny:
You ought to hear "some people sitting around in a bar or coffee shop shooting the sh*t" in Japanese! That will curl your toes! :lol:

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

O Really wrote:
Welcome back, Piper. Sorry they didn't have internet in Europe or wherever you were. You've missed some light entertainment from BRD. Don't pay too much attention to the "debate" part of the name. Probably "discussion" or "some people sitting around in a bar or coffee shop shooting the shit" might be more descriptive.
Man... missed an excellent naming opportunity.... shootingtheshit.com.... meh, it's probably taken anyway.... probably not very work filter friendly either.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:03 pm
O Really wrote:
Man... missed an excellent naming opportunity.... shootingtheshit.com.... meh, it's probably taken anyway.... probably not very work filter friendly either.
ShootingTheShit.com is listed for sale!
A great domain can be the key to your success

Inquire now and ShootingTheShit.com can be yours today.

https://uniregistry.com/market/domain/s ... 5.16876185
http://www.shootingtheshit.org/ , http://www.shootingtheshit.edu/ - "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site."
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:26 am
bannination wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:03 pm
O Really wrote:
ShootingTheShit.com is listed for sale!
A great domain can be the key to your success
Vrede doesn't need a ShootingTheShit.com domain to enhance his success, he's already the greatest success, in his own mind.
A legend even. A Superstar Cluckfluster! :lol: (watch, he'll come back with "whining about me"sob story!)

Inquire now and ShootingTheShit.com can be yours today.

https://uniregistry.com/market/domain/s ... 5.16876185
http://www.shootingtheshit.org/ , http://www.shootingtheshit.edu/ - "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site."
The domain ShootingTheShit.com is for sale. To purchase, call Afternic.com at +1 339-222-5147 or 866-836-6791.