Evil Obamacare

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
k9nanny
General

Re: Evil Obamacare

Unread post by k9nanny »

Good Friday morning, guys.
image.jpeg
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

:lol: :thumbup:
March 8, 2017 - U.S. Voters Say Sessions Lied And Should Resign, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; Support For Immigrant 'path To Citizenship' At New High

Healthcare should be President Trump's top priority, 36 percent of voters say, while 30 percent list infrastructure; 16 percent list taxes and 15 percent list immigration.

American voters say 51 - 45 percent that Trump should not support efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Trump and Republicans in Congress should repeal parts of the ACA, 49 percent of voters say, while 27 percent say there should be no repeal and 21 percent say repeal all of the ACA.

It is "very important" that health insurance be affordable for all Americans, 84 percent of voters say, while 12 percent say it is "somewhat important."

A total of 44 percent of voters are "very confident" or "somewhat confident" that Republicans in Congress will replace Obamacare with something as good or better, while 54 percent are "not so confident" or "not confident at all."
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Vrede too wrote:
k9nanny wrote:Good Friday morning, guys.
GOP lawmaker asks why men should have to pay for prenatal care

Maybe he subscribes to the old theory of spontaneous generation.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
He definitely supports spontaneous abortions and the generation of disabled children.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

CBO: Millions would lose coverage under GOP healthcare plan

The Congressional Budget Office projects that 14 million people will lose coverage by 2018 under the Republican ObamaCare replacement bill.

24 million would lose coverage by 2026....
Of course, the uncaring and dishonest GOP knew this. That's why the bill was rushed through committee before the CBO could weigh in.
Republicans had expected that the CBO would show Americans losing coverage, and preemptively went on the offensive against the nonpartisan agency, whose director, Keith Hall, who was appointed by the GOP.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer last week argued CBO was “way off” in its ObamaCare projections.

"If you're looking to the CBO for accuracy, you're looking in the wrong place,” he said.

White House budget director Mick Mulvaney, meanwhile, argued Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that the CBO shouldn’t even try to analyze the bill.

“Sometimes we ask them to do stuff they’re not capable of doing, and estimating the impact of a bill of this size probably isn’t the best use of their time,” he said.
:roll:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
k9nanny wrote:
He definitely supports spontaneous abortions and the generation of disabled children.
https://www.yahoo.com/style/gop-why-men ... 13874.html
... Number one: Unless you went to Cady Heron's high school (Mean Girls), you know it takes two people to make a baby.

Number two: The entire insurance market depends on our all paying for some services we don't use so that when unexpected health circumstances arise in our lives, our plans can accommodate them.

And just so you know, John-between 70 and 89 percent of sudden cardiac events happen to men. On behalf of insured women everywhere, who've been paying their premiums so that dudes can be defibrillated, you're welcome for picking up the tab.
On behalf of my brethren, thank you k9nanny! I'll happily pay for your prenatal care. ;)
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Just remember...

"I am going to take care of everybody...much better than they're being taken care of now...The government's going to pay for it...People are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition, with lots of companies, with great companies. And they can have their doctors, they can have their plans, they can have everything."
- Trump Republican health care promise

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
CBO: Millions would lose coverage under GOP healthcare plan

... Republicans had expected that the CBO would show Americans losing coverage, and preemptively went on the offensive against the nonpartisan agency, whose director, Keith Hall, who was appointed by the GOP....
:roll:
CNN Panel: Trump And The GOP's Efforts To Delegitimize The CBO Ahead Of ACA Repeal Are Unprecedented
Wolf Blitzer: "I Don't Remember A Time When The Congressional Budget Office -- Which Is Non-Partisan, Often Usually Highly Respected -- Has Been, In Effect, Smeared Like This"
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

JTA wrote:Image

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Vrede too wrote:
On behalf of my brethren, thank you k9nanny! I'll happily pay for your prenatal care. ;)
That ship has sailed, but I appreciate the offer.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
k9nanny wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/style/gop-why-men ... 13874.html
... Number one: Unless you went to Cady Heron's high school (Mean Girls), you know it takes two people to make a baby.

Number two: The entire insurance market depends on our all paying for some services we don't use so that when unexpected health circumstances arise in our lives, our plans can accommodate them.

And just so you know, John-between 70 and 89 percent of sudden cardiac events happen to men. On behalf of insured women everywhere, who've been paying their premiums so that dudes can be defibrillated, you're welcome for picking up the tab.

I'm having a tough time understanding this objection. Unless this idiot republicon is a robot, he has his very own natal day; therefore, he would have been prenatal prior to his natal day as would we all.
Could this be the begininng to requiring a fetus to have their own insurance before receiving care prior to birth?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Those slacker, "taker" fetuses should just get a job.

There's another reason Rep. John Shimkus (R-IL) is an idiot - If the mandate for comprehensive coverage was removed and men did not have to contribute to prenatal care coverage, it would fall upon women exclusively to do so. There would be no net savings for the public as a whole, none.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Out with Obamacare, in with Don.T.Care
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:Out with Obamacare, in with Don.T.Care
:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Sad

Maybe more of them will wake up. At least this guy was able to relate an event from 3 years ago to a thumper proposal. That shows some degree of critical thought.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:Those slacker, "taker" fetuses should just get a job.

There's another reason Rep. John Shimkus (R-IL) is an idiot - If the mandate for comprehensive coverage was removed and men did not have to contribute to prenatal care coverage, it would fall upon women exclusively to do so. There would be no net savings for the public as a whole, none.
Well yeah, that's the the point. The needs of the one outnumber the needs of the few or the whole.

Me thinks he's probably just gay though and is upset that he has to pay anything for women. :gayhappy: