Oh, those Marylanders

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Oh, those Marylanders

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Oh, those Marylanders

Unread post by neoplacebo »

This sort of thing is exactly why I have not and will never go to Maryland. Fucking weirdos.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:20 pm
This sort of thing is exactly why I have not and will never go to Maryland. Fucking weirdos.
Hey, c'mon, man - you're talking about mine and Vrede's old home state. Besides, you're not eliglble to make fun of anybody's state as long as you still have those in-laws in bumfuque. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Hey, c'mon, man - you're talking about mine and Vrede's old home state. Besides, you're not eliglble to make fun of anybody's state as long as you still have those in-laws in bumfuque. :lol:
Are you thinking of Boatrocker's in-laws?

To be fair, I deliberately left for good over 43 years ago. Personally, I'm abashed that someone from East TN, East TN!, would have any cause to feel this way about MD.

Go AP #24, 6-1 Terps!
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:23 pm
O Really wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:

To be fair, I deliberately left for good over 43 years ago. Personally, I'm abashed that someone from East TN, East TN!, would have any cause to feel this way about MD.

Go AP #24, 6-1 Terps!
Opps. Sorry, Neo - yes it's Boatrocker with the in-laws from Hell. But in any case, for such a small area, there's a lot of variety in Maryland, even now. How one could not like visiting western Maryland is beyond me. Most of Eastern Shore, not so much.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:49 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:23 pm
O Really wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:

Go AP #24, 6-1 Terps!
Opps. Sorry, Neo - yes it's Boatrocker with the in-laws from Hell. But in any case, for such a small area, there's a lot of variety in Maryland, even now. How one could not like visiting western Maryland is beyond me. Most of Eastern Shore, not so much.
Ah, that's ok. Maryland's license plate is classy but I know nothing else of the place, except of course, as Admiral of the Fleet I am aware that the Naval Academy is there. Also, Vrede has noted that, being from East TN, I have no valid standing to disparage the social climate of any other place.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Just down the road a piece:
Do you have a New Mexico passport?

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:54 pm
Just down the road a piece:
Do you have a New Mexico passport?
Yeah, that's a funny story - and not the first time I've known of that happening.
But ironic that story is posted by the guy who lives in an area where lots of the residents believe the world ends at the Hudson. :lol:

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:43 am
But ironic that story is posted by the guy who lives in an area where lots of the residents believe the world ends at the Hudson. :lol:
THEIR world does end at the Hudson! Over half of them haven't realized there is a "rest of the world!"